50 years later and there's a new moon landing by Odysseus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colonization by private investors in the near future?

Our current government of Democrats will sell anything available under their oversight. So,likely the answer is, yes!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit I found this whole thing really weird. I did wonder whether it was to compete with other nations at this time who have also landed on the moon in recent months.
I watched the control centre as it landed, not that bothered. I guess I still remember watching the original one ( if it happened ) it’s still a memory.
It cannot be just to achieve something, after all they have done it before , unless they didn’t and this was to prove a point ! ( said with a smile xx )
Weird !

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must admit I found this whole thing really weird. I did wonder whether it was to compete with other nations at this time who have also landed on the moon in recent months.
I watched the control centre as it landed, not that bothered. I guess I still remember watching the original one ( if it happened ) it’s still a memory.
It cannot be just to achieve something, after all they have done it before , unless they didn’t and this was to prove a point ! ( said with a smile xx )
Weird !
I was a child when the first landing was broadcast. Schools all over the state gathered in assemblies and watched history in the making.

I remember wondering how we could broadcast from the moon.
At that time there were talk shows that would have cameramen pan back and show us the other cameramen in the studio. The cameras were huge and reminded me of the Robot in the TV show, Lost in Space.

How did they fit those cameras in the rocket?

Then when they returned home, I felt sorry for the guy filming liftoff. How was he going to get home when they were taking off while he filmed.

It is said the classic movie Capricorn One, which featured a Mars landing, implied the Moon landing was faked. All these years later I believe it was.

Landing on the Moon first made it America's territory.

Because when Buzz Aldrin,I think it was he, was bouncing along on the lunar surface, in the distance was the blackness of space. And right on the lunar horizon there was a slight ripple of the blackness as it met the grey surface of the moon.

Ripples in space. Cloth folded over against a grey surface?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I have heard all the different theories but there is part of me that doesn’t want to delve into it because it messes with my memories of watching it as a child. I also remember Apollo 13, it gripped us all. To be honest I think it’s just that they wanted to be first and they knew the Russians were close.
I was 11 when the moon landing happened ………

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have heard all the different theories but there is part of me that doesn’t want to delve into it because it messes with my memories of watching it as a child. I also remember Apollo 13, it gripped us all. To be honest I think it’s just that they wanted to be first and they knew the Russians were close.
I was 11 when the moon landing happened ………
Yes,that's the story as to why a moon landing would be faked at first.
Given the times and the USSR, I can understand why they'd go that route.