50lb.Block of Ice Falls From Sky

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
TOWN 'N COUNTRY - Late Monday, Andres Javage's Ford Mustang was still sitting exactly where it was Sunday when it was crushed by a giant block of ice from the sky.The ice was gone, but the damage wasn't."I didn't think it was that big of a deal," Javage offered, back on the job as a mechanic.He may wonder about the attention his car's been getting, but everyone else wants to know how something like this could happen.Most experts believe the huge ice chunks fall off airplanes, but that's not the only theory."Oh, the paranormal! I don't know about ice chunks falling off of UFOs, but it might be global warming. Everything else is, so why shouldn't this," FOX 13 meteorologist Howard Shapiro offered. "Just kidding!"Shapiro was referring to the belief by some scientists that such ice balls, or megacryometeors, are caused by changing conditions in the lowest level of the atmosphere. But he says the simplest explanation is the most likely."Logically, it has to be an airplane. There's no other mechanism up there to form something that large. Hailstones don't exist that large," he continued. When the accident happened, police say, no planes were in the area. But now federal investigators are checking their radar and say it's "outside the norm" for a big chunk of ice to fall from a plane and cause damage like this."If they analyze it and don't find any waste in it or anything, then it didn't come from the bathrooms. But if you have a constant leak, lets say of freshwater, that's coming out and freezing it would make logical sense that you're getting this onion-skin look to these big stones similar to a hailstone," Shapiro added.Andres Javage doesn't really care why. He just wants a new car, and maybe a chance to cash in on the fact that what happened to him is one in a million."I thought it was pretty good luck. I was going to play the lottery tonight," he added.This isn't the first time falling ice has caused major damage. In fact, it happened twice in the last two weeks at homes in Philadelphia and San Diego. Fortunately, no one was injured during any of these incidents

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Shapiro was referring to the belief by some scientists that such ice balls, or megacryometeors, are caused by changing conditions in the lowest level of the atmosphere. But he says the simplest explanation is the most likely."Logically, it has to be an airplane. There's no other mechanism up there to form something that large. Hailstones don't exist that large," he continued. When the accident happened, police say, no planes were in the area. But now federal investigators are checking their radar and say it's "outside the norm" for a big chunk of ice to fall from a plane and cause damage like this......................................................................................Now what was that bible quote about 100lb hail stones?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
it was to big and there were no planes in the area that they know of {quote} Hailstones don't exist that large," he continued. Rev 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, [every stone] about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Kriss, I see what you mean. It can be and is possible. A sign then for believers?The hailstones in Rev are for the end time punishment administered by God on those that worship the beast.Hmmm

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I just think this is begining to happen more and more. I have read several reports of large blocks of ice (not this large)that proved they were not from airplanes there was no explanation but I find it funny that scientists say it can't happen but God says it will. And it starting to happen here and there.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If they prove as Ros mentioned that this was not from a plane (they are double checking the radar but there were no known planes )Then yes because scientist say this can not happen but God says it will happen. Rev.16:21 (a talent is around 100 pounds)