6 Prophecies that are undergoing fulfillment today 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy 6. A Global Preaching Work
“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.”—MATTHEW 24:14.

WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. Christians have dedicated billions of hours, and has spread the gospel in over 240 lands.

WHAT IS A COMMON OBJECTION? The Bible’s message has been preached for thousands of years.

IS THAT OBJECTION VALID? True, many have preached something about the Bible’s message. However, most have done so only for a brief time and on a limited scale. Parts of the Bible is currently available in well over 3000 languages. Christians have reached almost every country on the face of the earth. The internet, radio, television, etc, reaches even areas where Christians have not been able to spread the Kingdom good news. We are so very close to the fulfillment of the prophecy.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Is the “good news of the kingdom” being preached worldwide? Could the fulfillment of this prophecy mean that something better lies just ahead?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.”—MATTHEW 24:14.

WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. That is an average of 30 minutes in the preaching work each day by every Witness. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of Bible-education literature.

WHAT IS A COMMON OBJECTION? The Bible’s message has been preached for thousands of years.

IS THAT OBJECTION VALID? True, many have preached something about the Bible’s message. However, most have done so only for a brief time and on a limited scale. Parts of the Bible is currently available in well over 3000 languages. Christians have reached almost every country on the face of the earth. The internet, radio, television, etc, reaches even areas where Christians have not been able to spread the Kingdom good news. We are so very close to the fulfillment of the prophecy.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Is the “good news of the kingdom” being preached worldwide? Could the fulfillment of this prophecy mean that something better lies just ahead?
I personally believe the gospel was already preached to every creature under heaven in the first century as Paul tells us.

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another grasping at straws and the opportunity of showing that the JW have been preaching the word in all of the earth, but when you truncate a verse the context is lost: -

Matt. 24:14: - 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Robert, you have considered the fulfilment of the above verse, which you quoted, has a spatial understanding whereas, this is not true, as the last portion of this verse adds "and then the end {of the last age} will come." As such, "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth." cannot be a sign of fulfilment as you have suggested spatially as the preaching must continue right up to the actual end, time wise, of the last age when Christ Comes in all of His Glory.

Yes, the preaching of this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all of the earth, is a partial fulfilment of the Matt. 24:14, but the preaching must continue in time right up and until Christ comes in all of His glory.

I do not believe that we can really measure its fulfilment because there are so many different understandings of the Salvation message of the Kingdom of God that to say that one "part" of the "church" is doing a sterling job in this area, is dependent on whether they are really preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

This is confirmed in the verse before where it is written: -

Matt. 24:13: - 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

The same Greek word, τέλος, is used in both verses.

Now in the following two biblical references, the preaching of the salvation message will happen right up to and with respect to the end of time of the earth as we presently know it which is in keeping with what Christ taught in Matt. 24:14: -

Acts 13:47: - 47 For so the Lord has commanded us:

'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles,
That you should be for salvation to the ends, {with respect to time}, of the earth.
'"​

or what Paul recorded in Romans: -

Rom. 10:18: - 18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:​

"Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of /will pierce through until the extremity of time for the world."​

Both of these passages point to the end of time when the preaching of the word will be fulfilled.

The question that needs to be answered is, Is the Gospel of the Kingdom really being preached today, or is it a man generated mismatch of the Gospel.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally believe the gospel was already preached to every creature under heaven in the first century as Paul tells us.

Paul did say that, and of course that it true, but you have to know the world he was speaking of. You surely do not think that those few Christians had been able to reach all the inhabited earth, correct? If that was true, then no doubt the end would have came, and the earth would not have to deal with satan and his cohorts, unless of course Jesus was wrong, which I seriously doubt you think that either Mat 24:14.

Did he mean that Christians had already preached in India, the Far East, Africa, Spain, Gaul, Britain, the Baltics, and Pytheas’ Thule? That seems unlikely, but we cannot say for sure.

It is beyond doubt, however, that the good news had spread extensively. Jews and proselytes who embraced Christianity at Pentecost 33 C.E., for example, carried their newfound faith at least as far as Parthia, Elam, Media, Mesopotamia, Arabia, Asia Minor, the parts of Libya toward Cyrene, and Rome—encompassing the world known to Paul’s readers.—Acts 2:5-11.

So the logical conclusion is, since it was included in the last day prophecy Jesus gave, that it is presently undergoing fulfillment sir.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did say that, and of course that it true, but you have to know the world he was speaking of. You surely do not think that those few Christians had been able to reach all the inhabited earth, correct? If that was true, then no doubt the end would have came, and the earth would not have to deal with satan and his cohorts, unless of course Jesus was wrong, which I seriously doubt you think that either Mat 24:14.

Did he mean that Christians had already preached in India, the Far East, Africa, Spain, Gaul, Britain, the Baltics, and Pytheas’ Thule? That seems unlikely, but we cannot say for sure.

It is beyond doubt, however, that the good news had spread extensively. Jews and proselytes who embraced Christianity at Pentecost 33 C.E., for example, carried their newfound faith at least as far as Parthia, Elam, Media, Mesopotamia, Arabia, Asia Minor, the parts of Libya toward Cyrene, and Rome—encompassing the world known to Paul’s readers.—Acts 2:5-11.

So the logical conclusion is, since it was included in the last day prophecy Jesus gave, that it is presently undergoing fulfillment sir.
Jesus defines the Jews of that age to be the world.
John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Prophecies that are undergoing fulfillment today 6

Now that I know the denomination you [@Robert Gwin] belong to, I must admit your gospel is different and NOT the Gospel of the Bible.

If you and your denomination understood Romans 11:25-28 you would not have come up with the conclusions you did.

Romans 11:25-28:
25)
For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Secondly, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Thirdly, "the man of sin has NOT been revealed as yet." However, I do know who he is.

Of course, those who are not spiritual cannot "see" that the Scripture passages above pertains to the very end of the world.

To God Be The Glory

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands.

What makes you think that the garbage distributed by the Jehovah Witness corp. amounts to “This good news of the kingdom"????

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another grasping at straws and the opportunity of showing that the JW have been preaching the word in all of the earth, but when you truncate a verse the context is lost: -

Matt. 24:14: - 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Robert, you have considered the fulfilment of the above verse, which you quoted, has a spatial understanding whereas, this is not true, as the last portion of this verse adds "and then the end {of the last age} will come." As such, "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth." cannot be a sign of fulfilment as the preaching must continue right up to the actual end of the last age when Christ Comes in all of His Glory.

Yes, the preaching of this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all of the earth, is a partial fulfilment of the Matt. 24:14, but the preaching must continue in time right up and until Christ comes in all of His glory.

I do not believe that we can really measure its fulfilment because there are so many different understandings of the Salvation message of the Kingdom of God that to say that one "part" of the "church" is doing a sterling job in this area, is dependent on whether they are really preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

This is confirmed in the verse before where it is written: -

Matt. 24:13: - 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

The same Greek word, τέλος, is used in both verses.

Now in the following two biblical references, the preaching of the salvation message will happen right up to and with respect to the end of time of the earth as we presently know it which is in keeping with what Christ taught in Matt. 24:14: -

Acts 13:47: - 47 For so the Lord has commanded us:

'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles,
That you should be for salvation to the ends, {with respect to time}, of the earth.
'"​

or what Paul recorded in Romans: -

Rom. 10:18: - 18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:​

"Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of /will pierce through until the extremity of time for the world."​

Both of these passages point to the end of time when the preaching of the word will be fulfilled.

The question that needs to be answered is, Is the Gospel of the Kingdom really being preached today, or is it a man generated mismatch of the Gospel.

Time will tell.
Nonetheless, the verse is true.

I hear your objections to his telling it and his beating the JW drum...but you both make a good point regarding the end. You seem to qualify it as a sign that should be complete in order to mention it, while he seems to be referring rather to "when you see these things" as being enough for us to be talking about it. But you are correct, "then" comes the end.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nonetheless, the verse is true.

I hear your objections to his telling it and his beating the JW drum...but you both make a good point regarding the end. You seem to qualify it as a sign that should be complete in order to mention it, while he seems to be referring rather to "when you see these things" as being enough for us to be talking about it. But you are correct, "then" comes the end.

My objection was his conclusion that if the gospel has been preached in all of the earth spatially, then this shows the fulfilment of the Matt. 24:14 verse, however, the verse the verse should be understood with respect to time.

Now, in one sense, the prophecy is being fulfilled at this present time, because the Gospel is being taken to the ends of the earth spatially, but to suggest that the prophecy has been fulfilled, implies that the return of Christ will occur in our near future.

It has been the interpretation of these verses that Robert has posted that is misleading.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Gospel has been printed and distributed in nearly 2,400 languages.
By men.

The Gospel has been heard by nearly 90% of the world population.
By men.

The Gospel shall be preached to the Jews/Tribesmen during the Tribulation.
By Gods reserved man Servants.

The Gospel shall be preached to the entire World
By A holy Servant Angel of God....and then separation...(with and without)

...and then the millennial reign...and continued Preaching and Teaching to mortals for 1,000 years....
By the Lord and His saint Servants.

...And then another final separation....(with and without).

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My objection was his conclusion that if the gospel has been preached in all of the earth spatially, then this shows the fulfilment of the Matt. 24:14 verse, however, the verse the verse should be understood with respect to time.

Now, in one sense, the prophecy is being fulfilled at this present time, because the Gospel is being taken to the ends of the earth spatially, but to suggest that the prophecy has been fulfilled, implies that the return of Christ will occur in our near future.

It has been the interpretation of these verses that Robert has posted that is misleading.
Fair enough.

But not knowing the day or the hour, what do you base his error of timing on? Seems to me that if you are against his urgency, then you must have some reason for speaking against it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. That is an average of 30 minutes in the preaching work each day by every Witness. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of Bible-education literature.

The end is marked only by God whom draws who He wills and when.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus defines the Jews of that age to be the world.
John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
Yes sir that is very true, do not forget however that Paul was selected to be an apostle to the nations, and that the new covenant went into full swing in 36 CE.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think that the garbage distributed by the Jehovah Witness corp. amounts to “This good news of the kingdom"????

Thanks Bob for bringing that to my attention, I have altered what I posted sir.

In answer to your question, the Bible. Jesus stated very clearly that his disciples can be identified by their fruits. Of course their primary fruit is their teachings. If they bring the words that Jesus and the other apostles said and penned, and God chose to see to it that they were preserved in the Bible canon, then one would know that they are Christ's disciples.

Is there anything that I can address for you that you believe we teach that is in error, or not part of the good news sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel has been printed and distributed in nearly 2,400 languages.
By men.

The Gospel has been heard by nearly 90% of the world population.
By men.

The Gospel shall be preached to the Jews/Tribesmen during the Tribulation.
By Gods reserved man Servants.

The Gospel shall be preached to the entire World
By A holy Servant Angel of God....and then separation...(with and without)

...and then the millennial reign...and continued Preaching and Teaching to mortals for 1,000 years....
By the Lord and His saint Servants.

...And then another final separation....(with and without).

Thanks for the update Taken. This thread was primarily about prophecies that are being fulfilled at this time, basically to show where we are in the stream of time. The good news has been preached to the Jews very early on, in fact Jesus actually came to the Jews. Shortly after his death, the new covenant went into force, which opened the way for non Jews to become part of the new covenant.

Education among God's people has always been paramount for sure, I am glad you are aware that we will continue to learn during the millennial reign of Christ, and no doubt even beyond that. Likely you are aware of that separation at the end of the millennium as well, of course that is the final judgment. What a wonderful time that will be when that milepost is reached.

Reactions: Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have scripture supporting this statement?
Yes sir, although you might not understand it
(Daniel 9:27) . . .he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.. . .

Jesus became the Messiah at age 30, we believe in 29 CE. His ministry lasted 3 and a half years, and was sacrificed, beginning the new covenant, however Jehovah kept the Law covenant in force till the end of the week, 36 CE. At that time the Kingdom was no longer offered to the Jews exclusively.
(Matthew 21:42, 43) . . .Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

Hope that helps Wait.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, although you might not understand it
(Daniel 9:27) . . .he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.. . .

Jesus became the Messiah at age 30, we believe in 29 CE. His ministry lasted 3 and a half years, and was sacrificed, beginning the new covenant, however Jehovah kept the Law covenant in force till the end of the week, 36 CE. At that time the Kingdom was no longer offered to the Jews exclusively.
(Matthew 21:42, 43) . . .Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

Hope that helps Wait.
Interesting, you guys see the 70th week as being a 7 year period just as the other 69, which I agree. The problem I see is with the other 3.5 years, it seems your saying this is an indefinite period?

Daniel 9:24 KJV
[24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
who do you see as being Daniels people?

Last edited: