7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed as should you..

Paul is clearly comparing and contrasting the Christian altar (the table of the Lord), with the temple altar and the altars of the pagans ( the table of demons)

Everyone is welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Pax et Bonum
Your temple and table of demons = The Dark Secrets Behind the Pope's Audience Hall

Escape now before it is too late for you = run STRAIGHT to JESUS and to HIM alone!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good point. " To each, his own", applies to many things. One person"s holiday is another's day of regret or sadness.
What is a holiday anyways? It simply means holy-day, which a special day set apart. We are not under the LAW, we are under GRACE. The Israelites kept many holy days and feasted on them. They were special days to remember what God did for them. Can we celebrate them too? Sure, there is no law against celebrating special days, works of God. Passover is a big holy day. Rosh Hashanah is another. Celebrate what God has done and everything that is good, God has done. Jesus was born, celebrate. They didn't know the date for sure, so the Emporor Constantine established one in 325 AD. The Magi brought gifts and we give gifts to eachother in that spirit. Jesus rose from the dead - the most important day in history - celebrate it. I think the Disciples remembered that day.
But we are not limited to those days. God created me on 11-22-55. My family and friends can celebrate, thanking God for that. In Job 1 we see them celebrating birthdays. "His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them." Job 1:4
In the way God freed the Israelites from Egypt, God liberated America from England. We celebrate Independence Day. A holiday is any special day that you hold dear and know God worked for good on that day, He did something special for you.
We have freedom to celebrate anything we want as long as it is good. The day Jesus returns and rids the planet of evil is a day I will celebrate for a 1000 years.

CELEBRATE
Good observation. Legalism. All the argument ad nauseam, insisting nothing in New scriptures, New Testament teachings, permits celebrations.
That's a form of legalism.

Remember the thread that implied applause in church is wrong?

Is dancing in church wrong?Singing hymns?
Must church be stoic to be church?

Psalm (song)150
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

Psalm 118
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

The day the Lord made to send and resurrect our Savior? Rejoice and be glad in it?
Oh,it isn't defined as a specific date or season in scripture,so we can't celebrate those days we know did exist on the day Yeshua was born and resurrected?

John 4:23-24 "But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
The spirit of Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving,and in worship in church, is in the heart and not and of Christ's faithful.

I think claims being put forth as to how we cannot celebrate holy days because of Pagan histories that preceded them is fear overcoming the spirit of worship. God isn't a Pagan God. We are not Pagans.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

We need not justify our faith and practice to those obviously opposed to all of it. Let them live in fear.

We have eternal life in Christ. Who was the divine Word made flesh. :)
Remember,there are those who also claim that's not true either. Are we to take their word? Or our Fathers?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I

I love being a Catholic.
i was conceived by catholic parents, baptised in the RCC, attended full time RCC School/Teaching, confirmed and particpated in all of the Catholic yearly rituals and masses.

Then God called me out and Saved me thru the precious Blood of Christ = Born-Again by the Spirit of God

Many of my friends are Catholics as are my relatives.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i was conceived by catholic parents, baptised in the RCC, attended full time RCC School/Teaching, confirmed and particpated in all of the Catholic yearly rituals and masses.
If you never fell in love with Jesus in the Eucharist, then you were a Catholic by inertia.
Then God called me out and Saved me thru the precious Blood of Christ = Born-Again by the Spirit of God.

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My parish is amazing.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done some quick searches in the Internet on the research of others regarding what time of year the course of Abijah (the key) were due to perform their priestly service in the temple, but it's too much reading for now.

.. and it would be comical to see the reaction on the faces of some if it proved to be close to 25 December, because of the "thou shalt not" legalistic importance attached to the date, and the belief that it was the feast of Saturnalia that the Roman Church mixed with worship of Christ.
It IS pretty definitive... See the chart below in The Course of Abija

What are the Jewish New Years? Here are Three

Biblical year starting on Aviv/Nisan 1​

Nisan 1 marked the new year for the purpose of counting the months on the Jewish calendar. Scripture lists two names for the first month of the Jewish calendar year: Aviv and Nisan. Most of the Jewish culture today refers to it as Nisan. On the Gregorian calendar, it begins usually in March.

Traditional Jewish New Year on Tishri 1 (Rosh Hashanah)​

Leviticus 23:24 says: Speak to the people of Israel, saying, “In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a day of solemn rest, a memorial proclaimed with blast of trumpets, a holy convocation.”

(It is noteworthy to observe that "Jewish New Year " is not considered the start of the year on their calendar.
BUT I SEE A RELEVANCE)

Nisan is. (side note... interesting that this beginning of a year is the month Jesus was resurrected.... Nisan 14
WHICH IS A NEW BEGINNING FOR US.)

Any way THE CHART BELOW is very definitive based on what biblically you have shown in your post. Bolding and enlargements are mine.

The Course of Abija​

How many of you have heard of the course of Abija (Abijah)? Did you know it is one of the only ways to date the birth of Jesus in the Bible? 95% of Americans will celebrate the birth of Christ this year, so I thought some might be interested in the Biblical case for the timing of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Most are familiar with story of the birth of Christ from Luke 2. But it is Luke 1 that provides the means by which the timing of the birth of Jesus can be determined. In Luke 1 we have the story of Zacharias, the priest, and his wife, Elisabeth. Zacharias and Elisabeth were well on in years and without children. As it is told in Luke 1, Zacharias was performing his duty in the temple when the angel appeared and told him they would have a son and to call his name John. Needless to say Zacharias was somewhat incredulous considering their age. As proof of his message the angel told Zacharias he would be unable to speak until the day the message was fulfilled.

The passage goes on to say that Elisabeth conceived after Zacharias’ service ended. Then 6 months later Mary, the mother of Jesus, conceived. Zacharias performed his priestly service during the course of Abijah which fell during the latter part of the 4th month. From this it is a simple matter to determine the general time of the birth of Jesus. The chart below gives the priestly courses in relation to the conception of Elisabeth and Mary.

Luke 1:35-37 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

(Click to enlarge picture)

The birth of Jesus fell during the 7th month of the Biblical calendar which is our September/October. It is during the 7th month that the Biblical holy day of Succoth is celebrated. The term Succoth comes from the Hebrew word “cukkah” which literally means booth or tabernacle. The Jewish people were commanded to dwell in booths during the 8 days of this feast. Succoth is one of the Biblical holydays which all adult males were commanded to observe in Jerusalem. This is likely the reason the only lodgings which Mary and Joseph found were in a stable.

Further confirmation of the evidence of Luke 1 is found in Luke 2. The shepherds were still in the fields keeping watch over their flocks when the angles announced the birth of Christ. This places the birth of Jesus sometime between the spring and fall. It was not common practice in Israel to stay in the fields with the sheep during the winter months.

John 1:14 makes a possible allusion to the birth of Jesus during the feast of Succoth.

John 1:14 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The “Word” (Jesus) “was made flesh” (conceived) “and dwelt” (skenoo – from the Greek meaning to dwell or fix ones tabernacle.)

Now look at the priestly courses again. Jesus “dwelt” with man at his birth during the 13th and 14th priestly courses. The names of these courses were Huppah (Canopy) and Jeshebeab (dwelling of the father). Pretty neat if you ask me! Now take a look again at my blog post A New Testamen;t Cipher, note especially the missing names and their arrangement in the list. Matthew’s lineage of Jesus was intentional wasn’t it? The 13th Enumeration is the key!

Isaiah 7:14 14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Reactions: Zao is life

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: The Learner

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I

I love being a Catholic.
Ah yes, but are you saved; a true born again Christian - of your own choice and not by your 'baptism' as an infant. I do know some people who are Catholics and saved but I also know many, including family members, who are not. As you are calling yourself Father are you a priest?

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you never fell in love with Jesus in the Eucharist, then you were a Catholic by inertia.

As i previously said = i Fully participated and believed in the eucharist as taught by the RCC and very much so!

Now that i have been Born-Again by the Spirit of God with the indwelling Holy Spirit = i am in love with JESUS

We are commanded to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength = no wafer needed to get in the Way.

Remembering the LORD and sharing in the 'breaking of bread and the cup' is for fellowship with one another in Christ.
It is not a magic trick of 'substantiation' nor is a 'RCC priest' required but only Faith in the Word.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As i previously said = i Fully participated and believed in the eucharist as taught by the RCC and very much so!

Now that i have been Born-Again by the Spirit of God with the indwelling Holy Spirit = i am in love with JESUS

We are commanded to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength = no wafer needed to get in the Way.

Remembering the LORD and sharing in the 'breaking of bread and the cup' is for fellowship with one another in Christ.
It is not a magic trick of 'substantiation' nor is a 'RCC priest' required but only Faith in the Word.
The fellowship I belong to started meeting in somebody's house and was made up of people from many backgrounds who were dissatisfied in the churches they had belonged to. One couple had been Catholics but had discovered the truth and been spiritually re-born. When they told the priest what had happened and that they were leaving he said he wished he could go with them.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fellowship I belong to started meeting in somebody's house and was made up of people from many backgrounds who were dissatisfied in the churches they had belonged to. One couple had been Catholics but had discovered the truth and been spiritually re-born. When they told the priest what had happened and that they were leaving he said he wished he could go with them.
True fellowship in the Holy Spirit comes from within = just as you described.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And what are those words again?

Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Pax et Bonum
You isolated a few verses from the others in the same passage and from the rest of scripture in order to come up with the above false doctrine. Sloppy hermeneutics. Really sloppy.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word (in Whom is life) became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

John 6
63 It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and are life.

Jesus, the Word who became flesh, gave His body and shed His blood so that through our faith in the Word of God and in His blood that He shed for us, we can share in His Life. We do not eat His flesh.

Word-Spirit-Life - through faith in His Word.

That's what Jesus was saying, is saying, and will always say, no matter how much anyone practices sloppy hermeutics and isolates a few verses from everything else in order to practice the false doctrine based on their eisegesis.

He's resurrected anyway. In your imagination, are you eating the flesh of the dead Christ, or the resurrected Christ?

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a different jesus and a different gospel.... one the devil is the pope of.

I still remember her saying when she walked in it felt like her whole being was wrapped in a warm hug.

Yeah, lots of people go by feelings instead of what God says in His Word

Then God called me out and Saved me thru the precious Blood of Christ = Born-Again by the Spirit of God

Glad to hear you heard the calling of the Real Jesus!
smile-grin4.gif

Exactly!

When they told the priest what had happened and that they were leaving he said he wished he could go with them.

Yeah, the priest's demons won't let him go.... if he truly believes, he would leave the RCC

Large possibility here he was just making small talk and did not mean what he said.

True fellowship in the Holy Spirit comes from within = just as you described.

... based on what God has said in His Word!

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

This is another way we know the catholic religion is a cult is because they do not teach what God's Word teaches... and what they do teach is not in God's Word.

Things like confessing your sins to a guy wearing funny clothes in a box, praying the rosary, praying to those that have died physically and have left this planet (necromancy), etc

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Exodus ch 32......they were worshipping Yahweh with the idol of a false god....a left over from their years in pagan Egypt. 3000 of them were punished.
No - they were MOCKOMG God by worshipping a golden calf.
Then they engaged in licentious behavor before thir false god.

This is HATDLY a celebration of the ONE true God.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your god of sarcasm and contempt doesn't speak well of nor for you here.

I see.... accepting what God has said in His Word first and foremost is . . . "sarcasm and contempt"

That's what the religious people is Jesus' day said about God's Word and it's why they claimed to know God but in reality they did not because they did not put what the Lord had already said first.

Those that don't put God's Word first... are primed for deception! Enjoy!