7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
And a pure offering;
For My name shall be great among the nations,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

There is no alter here on earth that Christ established for us to worship at.

Anyone who claims that there is are false apostles.
So, you go to Israel every day to worship???

15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again. 16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.

18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.[c] 19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask. 20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.”

We can meet anywehre on earth in worship

Reactions: Philip James

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you go to Israel every day to worship???

15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again. 16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.

18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.[c] 19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask. 20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.”

We can meet anywehre on earth in worship
Did you miss this which i stated: "There is no alter here on earth that Christ established for us to worship at."

Reactions: Zao is life

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you very much for these.

Insightful but for me not definitive.

And of little matter.... for Dec 25 will always be celebrated by the bulk of Christians and RCC so long as we are able to do so.

But there IS another subject... NOT AT ALL PAGAN... BUT POSSIBLY OF HISTORICAL VALUE ... IF PROVEN TRUE.
And I am going to start another thread away from this one
add the link here

Reactions: BlessedPeace

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm here for the 'origin(s)' of the man-made holidays versus the God Given accurate account.

Does not matter to me who celebrates 'christmas' = no judgment cast

i have not taken notice of any name calling.............if i did throw some out just let me know = peace

Colossians 3:23-24 NKJV​

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

Doing All To The Glory Of God​

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV / 147 helpful votes​

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Colossians 3:23-24 ESV / 144 helpful votes​

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:17 ESV / 129 helpful votes​

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Matthew 5:16 ESV / 87 helpful votes​

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:20 ESV / 58 helpful votes​

For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Romans 11:36 ESV / 48 helpful votes​

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Psalm 50:15 ESV / 38 helpful votes​

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

Jeremiah 9:23-24 ESV / 22 helpful votes​

Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

Psalm 69:30 ESV / 22 helpful votes​

I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

1 Peter 4:11 ESV / 21 helpful votes​

Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 34:3 ESV / 19 helpful votes​

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!

Luke 1:46 ESV / 15 helpful votes​

And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord,

John 7:27 ESV / 14 helpful votes​

But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from.”

Ephesians 1:13 ESV / 13 helpful votes​

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Romans 8:26 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Psalm 50:23 ESV / 11 helpful votes​

The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”

Ephesians 2:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

John 8:12 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Psalm 22:23 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!

John 3:16 ESV / 6 helpful votes​

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2 Peter 3:18 ESV / 5 helpful votes​

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14
Easy-to-Read Version
Don’t Criticize Others
14 Be willing to accept those who still have doubts about what believers can do. And don’t argue with them about their different ideas. 2 Some people believe they can eat any kind of food,[a] but those who have doubts eat only vegetables. 3 Those who know they can eat any kind of food must not feel that they are better than those who eat only vegetables. And those who eat only vegetables must not decide that those who eat all foods are wrong. God has accepted them. 4 You cannot judge the servants of someone else. Their own master decides if they are doing right or wrong. And the Lord’s servants will be right, because the Lord is able to make them right.

5 Some people might believe that one day is more important than another. And others might believe that every day is the same. Everyone should be sure about their beliefs in their own mind. 6 Those who think one day is more important than other days are doing that for the Lord. And those who eat all kinds of food are doing that for the Lord. Yes, they give thanks to God for that food. And those who refuse to eat some foods do that for the Lord. They also give thanks to God.

7 We don’t live or die just for ourselves. 8 If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord. 9 That is why Christ died and rose from death to live again—so that he could be Lord over those who have died and those who are living.

10 So why do you judge your brother or sister in Christ? Or why do you think that you are better than they are? We will all stand before God, and he will judge us all. 11 Yes, the Scriptures say,

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘Everyone will bow before me;
everyone will say that I am God.’”

12 So each of us will have to explain to God about the things we do.

Don’t Cause Others to Sin
13 So we should stop judging each other. Let’s decide not to do anything that will cause a problem for a brother or sister or hurt their faith. 14 I know that there is no food that is wrong to eat. The Lord Jesus is the one who convinced me of that. But if someone believes that something is wrong, then it is wrong for that person.

15 If you hurt the faith of your brother or sister because of something you eat, you are not really following the way of love. Don’t destroy anyone’s faith by eating something they think is wrong. Christ died for them. 16 Don’t allow what is good for you to become something they say is evil. 17 In God’s kingdom, what we eat and drink is not important. Here is what is important: a right way of life, peace, and joy—all from the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever serves Christ by living this way is pleasing God, and they will be accepted by others.

19 So let’s try as hard as we can to do what will bring peace. Let’s do whatever will help each other grow stronger in faith. 20 Don’t let the eating of food destroy the work of God. All food is right to eat, but it is wrong for anyone to eat something that hurts the faith of another person. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else that hurts the faith of your brother or sister.

22 You should keep your beliefs about these things a secret between yourself and God. It is a blessing to be able to do what you think is right without feeling guilty. 23 But anyone who eats something without being sure it is right is doing wrong. That is because they did not believe it was right. And if you do anything that you believe is not right, it is sin.

Footnotes
Romans 14:2 any kind of food The Jewish law said there were some foods that Jews could not eat. When they became followers of Christ, some of them did not understand that they could now eat all foods.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 3:23-24 NKJV​

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

Doing All To The Glory Of God​

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV / 147 helpful votes​

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Colossians 3:23-24 ESV / 144 helpful votes​

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:17 ESV / 129 helpful votes​

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Matthew 5:16 ESV / 87 helpful votes​

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:20 ESV / 58 helpful votes​

For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Romans 11:36 ESV / 48 helpful votes​

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Psalm 50:15 ESV / 38 helpful votes​

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

Jeremiah 9:23-24 ESV / 22 helpful votes​

Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

Psalm 69:30 ESV / 22 helpful votes​

I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

1 Peter 4:11 ESV / 21 helpful votes​

Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 34:3 ESV / 19 helpful votes​

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!

Luke 1:46 ESV / 15 helpful votes​

And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord,

John 7:27 ESV / 14 helpful votes​

But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from.”

Ephesians 1:13 ESV / 13 helpful votes​

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Romans 8:26 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Psalm 50:23 ESV / 11 helpful votes​

The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”

Ephesians 2:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

John 8:12 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Psalm 22:23 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!

John 3:16 ESV / 6 helpful votes​

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2 Peter 3:18 ESV / 5 helpful votes​

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
WOW - Thank You for all these verses - love it

Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to confirm with everyone = i do not know the exact date when JESUS was born

i do find it quite TELLING that there are two accounts of HISTORIC AND PROFOUND "gift giving" celebrations in Scripture.

The First is Purim and the Last is the world celebrating the death of the Two Witnesses = quite profound and distinct

Both accounts revolve around 'DO or DIE' global impacting scenarios.
Luke 11:13. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
Hebrews 13:16 ESV / 200 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Proverbs 18:16 ESV / 67 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before the great.

Proverbs 19:6
Many people are nice to a generous person. Everyone wants to be friends with someone who gives gifts.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to confirm with everyone = i do not know the exact date when JESUS was born

i do find it quite TELLING that there are two accounts of HISTORIC AND PROFOUND "gift giving" celebrations in Scripture.

The First is Purim and the Last is the world celebrating the death of the Two Witnesses = quite profound and distinct

Both accounts revolve around 'DO or DIE' global impacting scenarios.
Luke 11:13. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Many people are nice to a generous person. Everyone wants to be friends with someone who gives gifts.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course there is... its called 'the table of the Lord'

Pax et Bonum
Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything? 20Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. 21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. 22Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

You need to pay special attention to what is said here by the Apostle Paul.

Today is the Day of Salvation = Read Hebrews

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good Night

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything? 20Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. 21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. 22Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

You need to pay special attention to what is said here by the Apostle Paul.

Today is the Day of Salvation = Read Hebrews

Indeed as should you..

Paul is clearly comparing and contrasting the Christian altar (the table of the Lord), with the temple altar and the altars of the pagans ( the table of demons)

Everyone is welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Pax et Bonum