"A Call to Abandon Blind Faith."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
There are two types of saints. the catholic version where the church sppoints people who have led extrordinary lives as a saint, the highest honor a person can have. I don't like that versionSo who is a saint anybody who lives a life of christ and keeps his commandments to the best of thier abilitythat is a saint.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
My concern with this LGF is not with you as you get itbut when the church encourages this behavior there are so many out therethat cross the line of praying and worshing the saint before Christ just as some do with MaryThats why I think it a bad and dangerous teaching of the church.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I agree and disagree Kriss. I don't think its a bad teaching, I think its a beutiful teaching that the church of christ in heaven can pray for us on earth But it is definitlry dangerous teaching The catholic church does not teach how to pray to the saints. There is a dangerous line where you are asking saints to do what only God can do.I think Satan MAY be taking advantage of this with all these visions of Mary people are seeing. I am not saying all of them are from Satan.but he disguises himself as an angel of light and what better thing of light can he disguise himself as than the biggest saint in the catholic church.I agree you have to be careful with this belief, and the catholic church is just not spreading this caution around,your brother in christRyan Fitz

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;31711)
I agree and disagree Kriss. I don't think its a bad teaching, I think its a beutiful teaching that the church of christ in heaven can pray for us on earth But it is definitlry dangerous teaching The catholic church does not teach how to pray to the saints. There is a dangerous line where you are asking saints to do what only God can do.I think Satan MAY be taking advantage of this with all these visions of Mary people are seeing. I am not saying all of them are from Satan.but he disguises himself as an angel of light and what better thing of light can he disguise himself as than the biggest saint in the catholic church.I agree you have to be careful with this belief, and the catholic church is just not spreading this caution around,your brother in christRyan Fitz
It calling a pope "Father" is clearly abomination to God as Christ said it so (Matthew 23:9)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
But it is definitlry dangerous teaching The catholic church does not teach how to pray to the saints. There is a dangerous line where you are asking saints to do what only God can do.I think Satan MAY be taking advantage of this with all these visions of Mary people are seeing. I am not saying all of them are from Satan.but he disguises himself as an angel of light and what better thing of light can he disguise himself as than the biggest saint in the catholic church.I agree you have to be careful with this belief, and the catholic church is just not spreading this caution around,{Quote}agreed 100% LGF but I guess in a way its like that everywhere the strong in faith understand the weak can be easly swayed I just wish the church would teach stronger guidelines on these things

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Letsgofishing;31704)
There are two types of saints. the catholic version where the church sppoints people who have led extrordinary lives as a saint, the highest honor a person can have. I don't like that versionSo who is a saint anybody who lives a life of christ and keeps his commandments to the best of thier abilitythat is a saint.your brother in christRyan Fitz
We can pray for each other and together. We are still alive. The other saints are dead. I would not say that I'm a saint, but righteous through Jesus. Thanks for your reply !God Bless,Thunder1

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Of course the saints are dead physicallybut spiritually????If you can't say no, than the saints are indeed alive and in my opinon we can pray to them.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(thesuperjag;31712)
It calling a pope "Father" is clearly abomination to God as Christ said it so (Matthew 23:9)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Jag read post 17 for my answer to that objection.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;31706)
My concern with this LGF is not with you as you get itbut when the church encourages this behavior there are so many out therethat cross the line of praying and worshing the saint before Christ just as some do with MaryThats why I think it a bad and dangerous teaching of the church.
Heres an example of the Prayer to saints crossing the line.I was just reading the book " the last fisherman" about the catholic endtimes.( its a free ebook which I created a thread about so if you want to check it out go ahead.)It starts out with apparitions of mary and in one of these apparitions she says" you must look for a man who is coming,He is truly my son and you will know him as the healer, All the world will follow him for there is no one like him. Long ago men killed my son, This time they will not kill him, indeed he is under my protection and know one will harm him"this is ridiculous. Do not be fooled by catholics who have no idea of what there talking about. Mary's the one protecting God, thats laughable. your brother in christRyan Fitz