A discussion about Freemasonry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
I received an email today from [email protected] suggesting that I start a discussion about Freemasonry. So here goes!

I started a topic some time ago, and it was shut down. We are trying it again.

If you have any questions about Freemasonry, please post them here!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, why the interest in Freemasonry?
How do they effect our lives today?

Thanks

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
What they do is done in secret. It is not intended for us to know.

Many branches of Masonic , many levels , some are harmless local clubs , some are not.

What happens in the higher levels is kept secret from the lower levels.

Some branches claim to allow Christianity , but also allow any other religion as well. Some branches refuse any mention of Christ.

Is it a giant conspiracy??? Look at it this way ..... everything in the secular world is a giant conspiracy by the evil one to keep men from Christ. Under this umbrella may be included several clubs and organizations .

By default we Christians are separate from these things , at least we should be. For us to spend our efforts trying to analyse secret clubs will only consume a lot of time.

In the end you will determine they are of the world. If they were Christian they would tell us. Things done in secret are occult.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Its very simple look on the back of a one dollar bill it clearly spells out the word mason twice, i regard them as a cult nothing more.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gumby said:
Its very simple look on the back of a one dollar bill it clearly spells out the word mason twice, i regard them as a cult nothing more.
I will -it spells mason !? Really?

I know nothing about them - but on other forums many belonged and they did many charitable things for children in need of health care -that's all I know. But it got pretty heated. I'll tell you that. There were sides taken -those in the masons and those not in the masons, so it was those with the direct experience and those from the outside speculating.

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
I am a 32d degree Mason. I have been a Mason since 1982. I will be delighted to tell you everything there is to know about Freemasonry. No secrets, no cover-up.

Masonry is a non-denominational, non-sectarian, inter-faith organization. It is not secret. There are thousands of books and internet sites which broadcast everything about our organization.

Although we are not a charitable organization, Masonically-affiliated charities donate about $2.6 million per day to various humanitarian causes.

One of the most well-known is the Shriner's Hospitals for crippled and burned children. These excellent hospitals provide FREE state-of-the-art medical care for children. No charge is ever made to any patient in the hospitals.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Whats it got to do with a Christian Bible site? non-denominational, non-sectarian, inter-faith organization = all faiths are fine same as new agers ...
While I applaud your charitable efforts
I do not see why and what this has to offer or what it has to do with a Christian Bible site ...seems its rather self serving to try to change your image ...
To be honest it seems a little suspicious to me ...

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
cemab4y said:
I am a 32d degree Mason. I have been a Mason since 1982. I will be delighted to tell you everything there is to know about Freemasonry. No secrets, no cover-up.
You could start by telling the oaths and pledges you were required to make.

From that I can determine a more complete and appropriate response.

Martin.

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
OK Martin (My surname is Martin). Every Mason is required to take solemn oaths prior to receiving each degree. The oaths IN NO WAY conflict with the duties that a man owes to God, his family, his nation, nor himself.

The oaths are a solemn promise, to follow the regulations of Masonry, and to act in a proper and ethical manner. All of the oaths are published on the internet, and in various books, such as "Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry".

There are three (3) degrees in Craft Masonry, each has their own specific oath. There are twenty-nine (29) operative degrees in Scottish Rite Masonry, each has their own specific oath.

To print all of these, would take several pages on this forum. Would you like me to send you the internet links, where you can read them? Send me a PM, or email to [email protected]

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
==Whats it got to do with a Christian Bible site? non-denominational, non-sectarian, inter-faith organization = all faiths are fine same as new agers ...
While I applaud your charitable efforts
I do not see why and what this has to offer or what it has to do with a Christian Bible site ...seems its rather self serving to try to change your image ...
To be honest it seems a little suspicious to me ... === Masonry is not a religion, and definetly not Christian. Men from many different faiths and religious backgrounds participate in Masonry. Some Christians, have serious problems with Freemasonry. Some (not all) Christians see it as "satanic" or "new age", or some kind of evil conspiracy. When all it is, is a bunch of old men, sitting around eating sandwiches, and raising millions of dollars for crippled children ,and humanitarian causes. The moderators of this board, and I agree, that Christians should have a more un-biased understanding of Freemasonry, and when they are informed, they can see that it as harmless as the girl scouts.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
"Old boys Club" ...... "Old boys Network" ..... "Exclusive Clubs"

We hear these terms used from time to time in public conversation. To belong to one of these networks gives entrance to much opportunity. The more exclusive the group , the higher the level , the more the rewards. At this moment I am referring to economics.

Here would be an example. Let us say the federal government announces plans to build a brand new airport just outside a large city. This project requires 8,000 acres of privately owned farm land with an assessed value of $500 per acre for a total of 4 million dollars.

Once the federal announcement is made , this same land greatly increases in value to $2,000 per acre bringing the total to 16 million dollars . This is an overnight gain of 12 million dollars and the landowners are very pleased.

Who are these landowners , and how long have they owned the land???

A quick and easy public records search will show that a year earlier several numbered companies quietly purchased these acres for $500 each and conveniently sold them for $2000 each.

How did these speculators know to buy the properties , and where did the information come from??? Sorry , it is a secret .

One $million in legal and land transfer costs ....... One $million in well publicised charity to a wonderful burn unit ....... Four million$ for the original land costs , ........... leaves Ten million$ for the guys who do things in secret.

Treasures in heaven do not decay , An ocean side mansion will.

This is a glimpse of some of the economic aspects of an exclusive club.

There is a religious aspect as well. After all , a serious pledge to secrecy requires obedience.

Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
cemab4y said:
To print all of these, would take several pages on this forum. Would you like me to send you the internet links, where you can read them? Send me a PM, or email to [email protected]

That is not necessary , thank you , I have all the information. Including some things you may not be aware of.

At this point it sounds like you belong to a nice local club. Just make sure your solemn life pledges do not conflict.

Best regards

Martin

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Exactly my point cemab4y what does your club have to do with our site .... Im not one who nessarily thinks you are of a Satanic cult ... But as you say you are not Christians either ...
So I am confused as to why you think you must come here to tell us that ..... the boys scouts do not come here to proclaim their beliefs. If you are as you say a secular group who is "Old boys Club"
what possiable differance does it make what some believe and I dont think this is the place to
you should be declaring this unless you have some particular agenda.....
We as Christains can not accept all religions being OK ...it has nothing to do with Satanism we have but one God ...thats not your clubs belief so I ask again what does your club have to do with us and our site ?

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
Masonry is a secular organization, and not a religion. The organization has men from many different religious backgrounds.

Some Christians have serious problems with Freemasonry. Many Freemasons are Christians, and there are even many Christian pastors that are Freemasons.

The moderators of this board and I agree, that it is important that Christians have an understanding of Freemasonry, and what it is all about. Then Christians will see that there is nothing to fear.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
I must agree with Christie, in Heaven there will be no fence sitters. I know though the Lord can use a Christian in any organization they are involed with, as a witness. Some point though as Joshua did have to decide who we are serving. Are we serving the Kingdom of God or in this case FreeMasonary?
" Only One Life Will Soon Be Passed
Only What's Done For Christ Will Last"

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
cemab4y said:
OK Martin (My surname is Martin). Every Mason is required to take solemn oaths prior to receiving each degree. The oaths IN NO WAY conflict with the duties that a man owes to God, his family, his nation, nor himself.

The oaths are a solemn promise, to follow the regulations of Masonry, and to act in a proper and ethical manner. All of the oaths are published on the internet, and in various books, such as "Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry".

There are three (3) degrees in Craft Masonry, each has their own specific oath. There are twenty-nine (29) operative degrees in Scottish Rite Masonry, each has their own specific oath.

All True Christians believe Jesus:

Mathew: 5: 33-37

“Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the lord, but I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for that is Gods throne; nor by the earth, for that is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your Yes be your Yes and your No be your No. For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.”

Jesus says: Do Not Swear Oaths at All. And goes on to say whatever is more than these is from the evil one.”

masonry is of the evil one.

Get out of her.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1Th 5:5
(5)
You are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

I once read a very informative book exposing the dark side of Freemasonry. It was called "Darkness Visible". A very good point was the fact that initiates are blindfolded and required to curse themselves, something incompatible with being born again in Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
you still haven't told us a thing as to why you are here cemab4y
you keep saying you are not a Christian organization.
You keep saying if we want to know something ask
you keep saying you want to clear up some things
yet you refuse to answer the simplest questions and give us web sites to learn
Why are we interested in learning ... We don't care about the goings on in your non Christian Organizations good or bad.
This is the third time you have come to this site every time you say nothing except tell us how good your boys club is ... So go enjoy it but it has nothing to do with us ....
In my experience Anyone who keeps trying to target Christians to make their point has some hidden agenda ... Atheists, Islamics, homosexuals, to name a few. So what is your agenda and please don't again say you were asked to come here and and tell your truth ....

What truth is it you want to set straight, what is your agenda, what is your proof to support what ever truth you what to tell us ..Your word ? a web site where anyone can say anything ?
That isn't proof of anything ..... To be honest I doubt few here waste much time thinking about your organization at all ... However you seem to think targeting us is important ..why is that ...

To my thinking it makes me more suspicious of your organization only evil thinks they have to target those who trust in God ...

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, isn't he here upon request?

"I received an email today from [email protected] suggesting that I start a discussion about Freemasonry. So here goes!"

Is that not true?

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
you still haven't told us a thing as to why you are here cemab4y

I was invited by the board moderator, to start a discussion. I believe that Freemasonry is an important topic, and Christians (and everyone) should have an accurate, un-biased understanding of our Fraternity

you keep saying you are not a Christian organization.

Most definetly. Freemasonry is non-denominational, non-sectarian, inter-faith organizationl Men of many different religions participate in Freemasonry.

You keep saying if we want to know something ask

Freemasonry is an open book. If you have a specific question, please ask, I will give you the answer to best of my knowledge, and/or direct you to a qualified source.

you keep saying you want to clear up some things

Some people have some incorrect understanding of Freemasonry. I will be glad to help you come to a more accurate understanding.

yet you refuse to answer the simplest questions and give us web sites to learn

Give me a specific question, I will give you a specific answer.

Why are we interested in learning ... We don't care about the goings on in your non Christian Organizations good or bad.

First you castigate me for not answering questions that have not been asked, then you say you "dont care". Which is it? Do you care about answers, or not?

This is the third time you have come to this site every time you say nothing except tell us how good your boys club is ... So go enjoy it but it has nothing to do with us ....

I will tell you everything I can about Freemasonry. (And the appendant/concordant bodies, there are over 100). I will tell the good and the bad. Masonry is a secular organization, and whenever people are involved there are problems. I will conceal nothing.

In my experience Anyone who keeps trying to target Christians to make their point has some hidden agenda ... Atheists, Islamics, homosexuals, to name a few. So what is your agenda and please don't again say you were asked to come here and and tell your truth ....

I have absolutely no agenda, except to tell the truth. There are many myths and misconceptions about Freemasonry. I feel sad, that so many people are eager to believe any lie, rumor, or falsehood about our fraternity.

What truth is it you want to set straight, what is your agenda, what is your proof to support what ever truth you what to tell us ..Your word ? a web site where anyone can say anything ?

I can and will tell the truth. I can back up everything I say with authoritative sources.

That isn't proof of anything ..... To be honest I doubt few here waste much time thinking about your organization at all ... However you seem to think targeting us is important ..why is that ...

To my thinking it makes me more suspicious of your organization only evil thinks they have to target those who trust in God ...

I have no target, except lies and misunderstandings.