A Discussion with Youth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

Thanks for the link , I don’t get chance to check out all the threads..........I am the other way round, all my family and most of my friends are non Christian ......so I kind of feel ‘ an outsider ‘ at times.....I am not keen on preaching to any of them. I actually like have discussions with my son and daughter ......within it we are kind of preaching to each other, but not in a preachy kind of way ( if that makes sense )
So I guess within both our families we are both considered ‘ the weird one ‘ .....lol
Right, this weird one better get some sleep ....it’s not really late but I had a long shift at the care home, and I am really tired.........see you on the threads x
Rita

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Thanks for the link , I don’t get chance to check out all the threads..........I am the other way round, all my family and most of my friends are non Christian ......so I kind of feel ‘ an outsider ‘ at times.....I am not keen on preaching to any of them. I actually like have discussions with my son and daughter ......within it we are kind of preaching to each other, but not in a preachy kind of way ( if that makes sense )
So I guess within both our families we are both considered ‘ the weird one ‘ .....lol
Right, this weird one better get some sleep ....it’s not really late but I had a long shift at the care home, and I am really tired.........see you on the threads x
Rita
Let's have a toast! Here's to us "outsiders"!

fc2.gif

Reactions: Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking, and please thank those who responded.......Kind of sad that one said they didn’t think Jesus even existed........okay, got to ask....do you think he existed ?
What do you think about him ? ( just curious ) .
Rita
Can I join?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just had one of those random memories come to mind, I was talking to my oldest son quite a few years ago about my faith, the bible and Jesus ect.....he said ‘ well I think I need to be zapped like you mum ........’
He is still waiting to be zapped !!
Can I ask you something else .....what made you come to a Christian forum, given the fact that their are endless forums out there to choose from....why this one ?
I was going to ask if you have always been agnostic, but I am not entirely sure what an agnostic believes.......you must believe in something, other wise you would be an atheist ........or is that too simplistic.
Rita
Hi @Rita I remember years ago when Neil Kinnock was asked if he was an agnostic ('agnosco = I don't know), he replied that he didn't know enough to know whether he was an agnostic; so literally he was saying that he didn't know whether he didn't know... :rolleyes:

Sad when things have got to that state in the world...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you an outsider heart 2soul, all Christians around you, no Christians or are you in a mixed environment , guess they would be called ‘ in betweeners ‘ .....lol
I have few around me but when they see me coming they know they are getting a message for the day!:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am probably going to switch it back....I look too nice in that picture...I want the devil to see a warrior! Lol
Oh of course, I had forgotten you had one of a female warrior. Kind of a cartoon I think of someone like Angelina Jolie in warrior mode, or something like that.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So are you an outsider heart 2soul, all Christians around you, no Christians or are you in a mixed environment , guess they would be called ‘ in betweeners ‘ .....lol
@Rita: In a manner of speaking, all true believers are in a sense outsiders in character... (don't you think?) :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that disciples said...if you truly/true...lol
Actually, I believe some translators probably wrote that specific term. Even then, they had to make sure they stressed that point... sort of like the proud man praying at the wall, thanking God he was TRUE, not like that other guy.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the verse that came to mind when you posted yours, H2S.
John 14:15
KJ21
“If ye love Me, keep My commandments.
ASV
If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.
AMP
“If you [really] love Me, you will keep and obey My commandments.
AMPC
If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.
BRG
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
CSB
“If you love me, you will keep my commands.
CEB
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
CJB
“If you love me, you will keep my commands;
CEV
Jesus said to his disciples: If you love me, you will do as I command.
DARBY
DLNT
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
DRA
If you love me, keep my commandments.
ERV
“If you love me, you will do what I command.
EHV
“If you love me, hold on to my commands.
ESV
ESVUK
EXB
“·If you love me, you will obey my commands [or If you love me, obey my commands; C this may be either a declaration or a command].
GNV
GW
“If you love me, you will obey my commandments.
GNT
HCSB
“If you love Me, you will keep My commands.
ICB
“If you love me, you will do the things I command.
ISV
“If you love me, keep my commandments.
PHILLIPS
“If you really love me, you will keep the commandments I have given you and I shall ask the Father to give you someone else to stand by you, to be with you always. I mean the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, for it can neither see nor recognise that Spirit. But you recognise him, for he is with you now and will be in your hearts. I am not going to leave you alone in the world—I am coming to you. In a very little while, the world will see me no more but you will see me, because I am really alive and you will be alive too. When that day come, you will realise that I am in my Father, that you are in me, and I am in you.
KJV
AKJV
LEB
TLB
“If you love me, obey me; and I will ask the Father and he will give you another Comforter, and he will never leave you.
MSG
“If you love me, show it by doing what I’ve told you. I will talk to the Father, and he’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can’t take him in because it doesn’t have eyes to see him, doesn’t know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!
MEV
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.
MOUNCE
“If you love me, you will keep · my commandments. ·
NOG
NABRE
NASB
“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
NCV
“If you love me, you will obey my commands.
NET
NIRV
“If you love me, obey my commands.
NIV
“If you love me, keep my commands.
NIVUK
‘If you love me, keep my commands.
NKJV
NLV
“If you love Me, you will do what I say.
NLT
“If you love me, obey my commandments.
NMB
NRSV
NRSVA
‘If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
NRSVACE
‘If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
NRSVCE
NTE
‘If you love me,’ he went on, ‘you will keep my commands.
OJB
If you have ahavah for me, you will be shomer mitzvot regarding my commandments. [Ps 103:18]
TPT
“Loving me empowers you to obey my commands.
RGT
RSV
RSVCE
TLV
“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
VOICE
If you love Me, obey the commandments I have given you.
WEB
WE
`If you love me, you will obey me.
WYC
If ye love me, keep ye my commandments.
YLT
`If ye love me, my commands keep,