"a Focused Mind"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
"A Focused Mind"
By Zach Wood
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Seems these days we cannot so much open our eyes and not have a flood overwhelm us of impure and negative thought-provoking images. No matter where we are or what we do, we find ourselves somehow being fed negative messages. We can choose to either receive these things into our minds and hearts or we can choose to think pure thoughts and rely on God's strength to avoid the temptations brought forth.
Each of us has a choice to make every single moment of every day. We can succumb to the world or we can choose to focus on the positive things. However, much easier said than done! For the past week or so, I have been reading this passage over and over again because I deal with so many temptations every day to think negative things. The enemy seems to work on me so hard to divert my attention and thoughts from Godly principles. I know I am not alone on these attacks. I have to remember to lift up prayers constantly asking Him to help me push those thoughts out of mind and to think of things that will glorify Him.
So, how are your thoughts? Are they excellent and praiseworthy? Are they pure? Do they glorify God? These are questions we must ask ourselves every time any questionable thought comes to mind. If we do not rely on God and go to Him with every thought that is questionable, we simply will not be able to withstand the temptations.
If we want to have a Godly focused mind, we must discipline ourselves to be in the Word and be always mindful of Godly thoughts.