A friendly recommendation for an opening post of a thread (please read)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make your point quick and keep it succinct. Some post a veritable dissertation in their OP and expect people to read it and then wonder why they receive little to no response. Make your point, provide brief support, and then take it from there. KISS (Keep it simple stupid). :)

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I've suggested the same thing. Some people are just obsessed with long posts. Perhaps they think they'll get their point across better. Duno?
I think they're really enthusiastic about the topic they're sharing and immediately tell the whole story. The reader, in order to participate, is somehow obligated to read the entire manuscript :) before responding. I think more people are willing to read and respond if you give them bite-size pieces rather than the whole cow in one sitting. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they're really enthusiastic about the topic they're sharing and immediately tell the whole story. The reader, in order to participate, is somehow obligated to read the entire manuscript :) before responding. I think more people are willing to read and respond if you give them bite-size pieces rather than the whole cow in one sitting. :)
Well the other point to that is why are they posting? To prove a point or to ask a question. I think if you have questions then asking a question is productive. But if you already know you beliefs and you're trying to prove to everyone you're correct than it is not productive.

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make your point quick and keep it succinct. Some post a veritable dissertation in their OP and expect people to read it and then wonder why they receive little to no response. Make your point, provide brief support, and then take it from there. KISS (Keep it simple stupid). :)
I don't have the patience to read long posts.