It's LAZY to post a verse name/number without the actual verbiage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm doing well to remember my name.
Patrick1966,

My mother was born in 1961. She is still alive and breathing. The other day, we were talking in the car and she said she is amazed that it's possible for me to open up the bible and point out something and also try (notice) try by the spirit to explain to her what it is we may be reading so she can decide for her self what she may believe (cause I don't believe everything single thing may relate to us today). She told me that it's probably a good thing that she can't remember though she enjoys hearing it and does believe in the DBR, of Christ. I told her, it's probably a good thing for you not to remember because from what the writer of ECC, states is that "The more knowledge comes more grief."

While I believe it's good for her to get her a bible she could see and read really well, she probably will never have that type of desire, and that is okay. Some people should be okay in knowing that is okay to not have everything down to a single fixated understanding. What is important is the knowledge of this. That Jesus came, died, was buried, and raised again by God, and he did so that people could be born again in spirit who choose to believe on him. That they should believe on him, and love, love God first, and to love their neighbor as their self.

In the end those who choose to live by the spirit, will be rewarded justly by God. And that is the key to having contentment with God - knowing your sins (past, present, future) have been taken care of, that Yahava/Yahweh (however people would like to say) - loves you and cares about you, and understands where you are at in your life. He desires for us to love others, and that is the most important thing, aside from putting him first.

Just felt like sharing because of your comment, all for consideration.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of y'all write these dissertations in which you want to advance a theological argument and you provide a plethora of verses that YOU expect the reader to look up rather than simply pasting the verbiage of the verses into your post. That is lazy.

It's one thing to say "Jesus told us to love one another" and another to say "We must (insert theology) and then provide "scriptures" in the following manner John 2:14, Luke 3:28-31, Deut, 8:16-19, etc., etc., etc.

Also, please STOP with the encyclopedia-length opening posts. Give us a short statement or question and provide a COMPLETE verse or two if you like and then expand on it thereafter. Many here provide a novel in their OP and then wonder why nobody responded. Here's a clue. People click on your post and are then turned off by its length and don't read, let alone respond.

You're welcome.
I don't agree. Some people are very busy and figure: If you want to know, you can look it up yourself.