A Giants footprint?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(waquinas;58601)
We have giants in america now, they perform in the NFL, NBA and WWF.
No, if there is any giant DNA left it is so watered down that it has no effectAnd yes in my opinion Giants of mixed DNA could be saved if they had chosen to be.This was an abomination to God, but we are told that these were often men of renown of old I think this is where some of the Greek mythology stories originated I also think Samson had to have had some of this DNA in his blood line somewhere as your strength being in your hair isn't a human trait. Samson was obviously a saved.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
(kriss;58652)
No, if there is any giant DNA left it is so watered down that it has no effectAnd yes in my opinion Giants of mixed DNA could be saved if they had chosen to be.This was an abomination to God, but we are told that these were often men of renown of old I think this is where some of the Greek mythology stories originated I also think Samson had to have had some of this DNA in his blood line somewhere as your strength being in your hair isn't a human trait. Samson was obviously a saved.
Saved how?Are you saying these are just big humans or something extra-human?

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
(kriss;58661)
There is plenty of proof of Giants its just modern scientist can not fit it into their Evolution stories so they dont talk about it but we know there is no Evolution and the Word tells exactly where these giants came from. Here so links you might find of interest. http://www.burlingtonnews.net/giantkossuth.htmlhttp://www.biblebelievers.org.au/giants.htmhttp://www.manataka.org/page600.html
Interesting stories but I noticed none of them indicate whatever happen to all these finds. Where are all these things now, today?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(waquinas;58672)
Saved how?Are you saying these are just big humans or something extra-human?
The giants of the Bible are the offspring of fallen angels and the daughters of Men (gen 6)they were not fully human Most died or were killed but if a few survived they would have such a watered down gene pool that they would just be humans. However there is really no proof any survived. Big humans today are just tall humans.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(waquinas;58675)
Interesting stories but I noticed none of them indicate whatever happen to all these finds. Where are all these things now, today?
I have an article somewhere that says many are in the basements of the Smithsonian and other museums but as I said they do not fit the Evolution theory so no one wants to talk about them. I also heard that many were turned over to the vatican in the early times but they again dont want to discuss it. I dont know if its true every unexplained thing seems to be hidden in the vatican.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Am not sure why the existence of ancient giants would necessarily be a problem for evolutionist or atheist. Most likely if credible evidence existed for the existence of such beings, these people would just claim either alien interference in the evolutionary process of our race or they would say it was a failed limb on our genetic family tree.I could believe the Vatican and Smithsonian could lose things, but they both keep meticulous records. So I doubt it would be possible to keep the existence of such findings secret even if they wanted to. Have never heard the “give us your bones” story, I would hope the evidence for such events if they did happen are more credible than what we can find supporting that these giants ever existed.Also do not understand how we could attribute anything but a sinister motive to these organizations for intentionally hiding these things if they do exist. It starts sounding too much like a Jack Chick tract and neither of these organizations appear particularly sinister to me.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(waquinas;58709)
Am not sure why the existence of ancient giants would necessarily be a problem for evolutionist or atheist. Most likely if credible evidence existed for the existence of such beings, these people would just claim either alien interference in the evolutionary process of our race or they would say it was a failed limb on our genetic family tree.I could believe the Vatican and Smithsonian could lose things, but they both keep meticulous records. So I doubt it would be possible to keep the existence of such findings secret even if they wanted to. Have never heard the “give us your bones” story, I would hope the evidence for such events if they did happen are more credible than what we can find supporting that these giants ever existed.Also do not understand how we could attribute anything but a sinister motive to these organizations for intentionally hiding these things if they do exist. It starts sounding too much like a Jack Chick tract and neither of these organizations appear particularly sinister to me.
Let's look at some of the GIANTS in Scripture. Now unfortunately the Scriptures were not written in English but in Hebrew, Chaldee, and Greek, so we will need to concern ourselves with some Hebrew in this study. I have included the Stong's numbers so you all can check on my work.First, how did they start:Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men(H120) H120אדם'âdâmaw-dawm'From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters(H1323) were born unto them. H1323בּתbathbathFrom H1129 (as feminine of H1121); a daughter (used in the same wide sense as other terms of relationship, literally and figuratively): - apple [of the eye], branch, company, daughter, X first, X old, + owl, town, village. were born unto them, H1121בּןbênbaneFrom H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1, H251, etc.): - + afflicted, age, [Ahoh-] [Ammon-] [Hachmon-] [Lev-]ite, [anoint-]ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, [Assyr-] [Babylon-] [Egypt-] [Grec-]ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant[-est], whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.Gen 6:2 That the sons (H1120) of God saw the daughters of men(H120) that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:4 There were giants(H5303) H5303נפל נפילnephîyl nephilnef-eel', nef-eel'From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.H5307נפלnâphalnaw-fal'A primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitively or causatively, literally or figuratively): - be accepted, cast (down, self, [lots], out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell (-ing), fugitive, have [inheritamce], inferior, be judged [by mistake for H6419], lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present (-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down. in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men(H1368) which were of old, men(H376) of renown(H8034). H1368גּבּר גּבּורgibbôr gibbôrghib-bore', ghib-bore'Intensive from the same as H1397; powerful; by implication warrior, tyrant: - champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.H376אישׁ'îysheeshContracted for H582 (or perhaps rather from an unused root meaning to be extant); a man as an individual or a male person; often used as an adjunct to a more definite term (and in such cases frequently not expressed in translation.) : - also, another, any (man), a certain, + champion, consent, each, every (one), fellow, [foot-, husband-] man, (good-, great, mighty) man, he, high (degree), him (that is), husband, man [-kind], + none, one, people, person, + steward, what (man) soever, whoso (-ever), worthy. H8034שׁםshêmshameA primitive word (perhaps rather from H7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare H8064); an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character: - + base, [in-] fame [-ous], name (-d), renown, report.H7760שׂים שׂוּםśûm śîymsoom, seemA primitive root; to put (used in a great variety of applications, literally, figuratively, inferentially and elliptically): - X any wise, appoint, bring, call [a name], care, cast in, change, charge, commit, consider, convey, determine, + disguise, dispose, do, get, give, heap up, hold, impute, lay (down, up), leave, look, make (out), mark, + name, X on, ordain, order, + paint, place, preserve, purpose, put (on), + regard, rehearse, reward, (cause to) set (on, up), shew, + stedfastly, take, X tell, + tread down, ([over-]) turn, X wholly, work.H8064שׁמה שׁמיםshâmayim shâmehshaw-mah'-yim, shaw-meh'The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve): - air, X astrologer, heaven (-s).Let's look for more giants:1Sa 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. six cubits and a span, taking the cubit at 21 inches, would make him 10 1/2 feet highSa 17:5 And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass. shekel is a coin that weighs about 220 grains, 5000 shekels , you figure it out.1Sa 17:6 And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders. 1Sa 17:7 And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him. 1Sa 17:8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me. 1Sa 17:9 If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us. Now let's pick up on giants:2Sa 21:18 And it came to pass after this, that there was again a battle with the Philistines at Gob: then Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Saph, which was of the sons of the giant (H7498). H7498רפה רפאrâphâ' râphâhraw-faw', raw-faw'Probably the same as H7497; giant; Rapha or Raphah, the name of two Israelites: - Rapha.H7497רפה רפאrâphâ' râphâhraw-faw', raw-faw'From H7495 in the sense of invigorating; a giant: - giant, Rapha, Rephaim (-s). See also H1051.2Sa 21:19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. 2Sa 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant. 2Sa 21:21 And when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea the brother of David slew him. 2Sa 21:22 These four were born to the giant(H7498) in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants. Kenite (H7014) H7014קיןqayinkah'-yinThe same as H7013 (with a play upon the affinity to H7069); Kajin, the name of the first child, also of a place in Palestine, and of an Oriental tribe: - Cain, Kenite (-s).H7497רפה רפאrâphâ' râphâhraw-faw', raw-faw'From H7495 in the sense of invigorating; a giant: - giant, Rapha, Rephaim (-s). See also H1051.H1051בּית רפאbêyth râphâ'bayth raw-faw'From H1004 and H7497; house of (the) giant; Beth-Rapha, an Israelite: - Beth-rapha.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks Tom,To be clear have never denied the large people existed, in fact pointed out that they exist with us today. Nor did I claim the Bible is wrong or in contradiction, in fact I pointed out that with the unpopular view here the Bible is understandable and in concord with the whole. My view of the verses in question does not "make the Bible" wrong, it simply contradicts the opposing popular view of those verses given here.My skepticism is that supernaturally large/powerful beings ever existed and also that any of the available websites supporting "proof" that such beings did in fact exist are less than credible. Many of the stories given represent "evidence" of a single individual specimen that is well within the range of humans alive today. None of the stories I have read indicate whatever happened to the evidence after the discovery.