A heretical teaching dismantled with the help of Paul the Evangelist.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has long been known that Catholics do not proselytize.

Catholics also do not engage in an Online campaign dedicated to insulting Protestant tradition.

:)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The counter reformation has been at work in the RCC since 1517! and has only increased in her intensity of recent decades.
Catholics also do not engage in an Online campaign dedicated to insulting Protestant tradition.

:)
It's an impossible position to insult from.

F2F

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The flaw in your believing James of the four "siblings" of Jesus in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and apostle James in Gal. 1:19 were the same person is that the latter was one of the Twelve, which means that he could've only been either James of Zebedee or James of Alphaeus, and neither of them were a son of Joseph and Mary.

Therefore, I've proven the belief that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings to be false using Scripture alone. If you continue to repeat it as true, then I'll continue to challenge you to refute the evidence to the contrary in the opening post. If you had a sliver of conviction in your belief, you'd attempt to try.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Sigma you need your own blog where you can copy and paste to your hearts galore.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. - Galatians 1:19

54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. - Matthew 13

I believe Mary was a virgin at the time of the birth of her son Jesus. And also that they had a family together afterwards.

Reactions: Taken

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sigma you need your own blog where you can copy and paste to your hearts galore.

Your belief has been proven false, and rather than acknowledge it, or at least attempt to refute if you possessed a sliver of conviction, you talk about blogs lol

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. - Galatians 1:19

54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. - Matthew 13

I believe Mary was a virgin at the time of the birth of her son Jesus. And also that they had a family together afterwards.

The flaw in your believing James of the four "siblings" of Jesus in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and apostle James in Gal. 1:19 were the same person is that the latter was one of the Twelve, which means that he could've only been either James of Zebedee or James of Alphaeus, and neither of them were a son of Joseph and Mary.

Therefore, I've proven the belief that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings to be false using Scripture alone. If you continue to repeat it as true, then I'll continue to challenge you to refute the evidence to the contrary in the opening post. If you had a sliver of conviction in your belief, you'd attempt to try.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were many Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas‘s during the time of Jesus.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were many Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas‘s during the time of Jesus.

The existence of other people who shared the name "Joseph", "Simon", "James", and "Judas" doesn't change the fact you claim that specifically Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings, as well as that James of those four and apostle James in Gal. 1:19 were the same person.

Therefore, I've proven the belief that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings to be false using Scripture alone.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The counter reformation has been at work in the RCC since 1517! and has only increased in her intensity of recent decades.
The Contrareformatio ran from 1545 c. 1700c.

This might assist you.
It's an impossible position to insult from.

F2F
Yet,you all still try.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a word of advice here. No non-Catholic will ever persuade a Catholic to stop believing what their church has instilled.

Many have been influenced by the church since infancy sprinkling in that church. And
more so if they attended Catholic school.

Their faith is in the church.Which they believe is a conflation with God.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a word of advice here. No non-Catholic will ever persuade a Catholic to stop believing what their church has instilled.

Many have been influenced by the church since infancy sprinkling in that church. And
more so if they attended Catholic school.

Their faith is in the church.Which they believe is a conflation with God.

And, yet you can't address the opening post.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 1:9 & Mark 6:3 is more than not considered to the the eldest after Jesus (by Joseph and Mary) —unfortuntely for you there is no hint anywhere in the NT that James and the others mentioned in Mark 6:3 were anything other than full brothers of Jesus.

You or I can twist it either way!

F2F

If they were Jesus's siblings, they wouldn't have been full siblings, but rather half-siblings, as they wouldn't have shared Joseph as a father. However, again, as I said in post #15:

"The flaw in your believing James of the four "siblings" of Jesus in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and apostle James in Gal. 1:19 were the same person is that the latter was one of the Twelve, which means that he could've only been either James of Zebedee or James of Alphaeus, and neither of them were a son of Joseph and Mary.

Therefore, I've proven the belief that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings to be false using Scripture alone."

I have yet to receive an answer from you to my question in post #12 as well.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. If you could address the opening post you would. It's that simple.
I have,repeatedly in other threads where you belabor the point,and now in this one where you insist Paul helps you make it.

You think to create a soapbox where you can proclaim false doctrine is true,while gaining satisfaction arguing,often childishly, with those who know better.

Which communicate
clearly that you know very little ,or you would set a better example.

My final reply.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have...

No, you haven't addressed the opening post.

You think to create a soapbox where you can proclaim false doctrine is true,while gaining satisfaction arguing,often childishly, with those who know better.

You know better? If that were true, you could refute the opening post, but you can't, which is why you haven't even attempted.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If they were Jesus's siblings, they wouldn't have been full siblings, but rather half-siblings, as they wouldn't have shared Joseph as a father. However, again, as I said in post #15:

"The flaw in your believing James of the four "siblings" of Jesus in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and apostle James in Gal. 1:19 were the same person is that the latter was one of the Twelve, which means that he could've only been either James of Zebedee or James of Alphaeus, and neither of them were a son of Joseph and Mary.

Therefore, I've proven the belief that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were Jesus's siblings to be false using Scripture alone."

I have yet to receive an answer from you to my question in post #13 as well.
Out of interest "what does it matter?"