A Jewish Opinion on the KJV Being the Best...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
zeke25 said:
Simple fact is that I gave about 10 seconds of my time to Wallace and you because none of it was of any value, so it was easy for me to make a mistake. But 10 seconds was more time than Wallace or you deserve. As usual, with your antichrist attitude, you have blown yet another opportunity to redeem yourself. Repent.

2 Timothy 2:16 KJV, "But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."

Titus 3:10 NIV, "Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them."

You have used up your warnings from me.
That pretty much says it all about how your read and study God's word.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
pom2014 said:
Again I see no issue here again.

`ereb means evening at sunset.

So what are your issues with English that are not working for you.

Sunrise and sunset are both areas of twilight.

See no issue with twillight nor sunrise or sunset, nor eventide nor morning-tide, nor morn nor even.
pom2014,

That's part of the problem. Most do not see the erroneous usage of "ereb" as a problem. The evening sacrifice did not take place at twilight (twilight is after sunset), it took place in the middle of the afternoon, generally about half-way between noon and sunset. Ereb/Apsios are called evening. There are 3 parts of a day in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation: Morning - from sunrise to noon, Evening - from noon to sunset, Night - from sunset to sunrise. There is no such time of day as afternoon - it does not exist. This can be determined from the KJ and the Textus Receptus. Many translations pervert this definition. Quite frankly, even the KJ translators did not have this knowledge. But they were accurate enough in their translation, that those who desire to know the proper definition of ereb can search it out in the KJ Bible.

zeke25

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Classically twilight is dawn and dusk.

Dawn being of course sunrise and dusk being sunset.

It's not after these times but at them.

So not sure what the issue is. It's rather cut and dried.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You all sit here and contend over which bible is the best, the book so many call the word of God, while the word of God Himself, Jesus is left out and omitted and the Holy Spirit who was sent to teach men the truth gets used as a glorified bible teacher. Tell me how can one word of God be better than another. Tell me is not Christ the truth, is not the truth in Him so why do not men ask Him for the truth, Is it not written, That " I am the bread of life, any man who comes to me will not hunger", do you not understand what He said. No you wont go to Him you will all argue and lean on your own understanding, as He said, " you will not come to Me so I can give you Life". Time is to short to play games with your lives.

In all His Love

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
mjrhealth said:

You all sit here and contend over which bible is the best, the book so many call the word of God, while the word of God Himself, Jesus is left out and omitted and the Holy Spirit who was sent to teach men the truth gets used as a glorified bible teacher. Tell me how can one word of God be better than another. Tell me is not Christ the truth, is not the truth in Him so why do not men ask Him for the truth, Is it not written, That " I am the bread of life, any man who comes to me will not hunger", do you not understand what He said. No you wont go to Him you will all argue and lean on your own understanding, as He said, " you will not come to Me so I can give you Life". Time is to short to play games with your lives.

In all His Love
I am not arguing at all about the Word. I understand it as we have it in its real form.

Old Testament, Hebrew and Aramaic.
New Testament, Aramaic and Greek.

Go back to the source and it is abundantly clear.

English is a bizarre tongue. A mongrel tongue. It cannot translate many words given in other languages, especially when you are dealing with conceptualised words.

A perfect example is the German word Dünkel. The simply English translation is darkness. But really in German it means dark and sparkling and is used to describe some of the waters around the Black Forest in southern Germany. But English does not have a single word that means both dark and sparkling. So they drop the sparkle part as it is contrary to what English speakers think dark means.

Latin has many words that do not translate will into English and so too Greek. And Hebrew might as well be an alien tongue to English speakers.

Even in Japanese the inflection used in pronouncing a word can change it from one thing to another in English. Example the Japanese word for cut and come here is often confusing to English speakers are it sounds nearly the same. At these points it is crucial to look at the sentence to gain context. If you want someone to come to you then obviously you don't want them to cut you.

Trunk even in English can mean many things, until your usage comes into play.

The elephant used its trunk.... obviously its nose.
Jamie the elephant used her trunk to keep her toys safe... ok now it is a trunk container.

A simple additional idea caused it to change dramatically.

Now think Jamie the elephant touched her trunk... OK elephants use their trunks to touch things, but she is touching her trunk, so is it a container or the torso of her body. Need more info to gain understanding.

English is not an easy language and it has no codification of how some of the grammar or pronunciation even works. Many non-english speakers have a very hard time with it. As well as many natives it appears.

Comb, Tomb and Bomb are excellent examples of the complexity of even speaking it.

To think that we do not need to understand the source material is insane. We will miss the point nearly every single time.

So it is not about not listening to The King, but about tongues themselves. And seeing as disreputable people have hijacked tongues (like they did healing) and made it some useless babble and not the proper Glossolalia, we are forced to have to deal with translations that are not as accurate as the source material.

But do not question faith about this, instead chalk it up to too many languages.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
pom2014 said:
Classically twilight is dawn and dusk.

Dawn being of course sunrise and dusk being sunset.

It's not after these times but at them.

So not sure what the issue is. It's rather cut and dried.
pom

I'll fast forward this for you. It takes a tool box full of tools to decipher 3 days and 3 nights between the crucifixion and the resurrection. Understanding the proper meaning of ereb is one of those tools. I know of no one that has a proper understanding of 3D/3N. If you are satisfied with your erroneous understanding of it, I am happy for you, but it leaves you handicapped. Christianity rightfully suffers ridicule because they don't know how to count. Souls are steered away from Christ because those "stupid Christians cannot even count 3D/3N and have it make any logical sense, so why would I believe anything else they have to say?" This is a real life situation I have experienced.

A proper understanding of ereb supports that our Bible is reliable. A proper understanding of ereb can help proselytize some hard to reach lost souls. Twilight is not at sunrise and sunset. Twilight is prior to sunrise and after sunset. A proper definition is even more detailed, the ancients were not confused by this.

Zeke25

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
ccfromsc said:
:wub: Ok I have a question for you KJV Only types.... do you believe in unicorns? Satyrs? cause they are in the KJV :rolleyes:
ccfromsc,

You're trolling in the wrong thread. I don't see any KJV only posters here.

Besides, it sounds like you have a problem with unicorns and satyrs. Do you have a problem with someone using the KJ to find info not available in another translation?

zeke25