A look at the Great Commission?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Great Commission​

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a unknown mountain which - Jesus had appointed them to head towards, to meet with him.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
As these eleven disciples had came and when they had seen him, they worshipped (giving reverence in aspect of being higher than themselves): but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. This is an interesting saying here by Jesus. All power had been given to him, at that moment in time which seems to signify, - the temple which the Jewish people looked at as Heaven and Earth - as it was the place were God would meet them in the holy of holies, literally heaven on the earth was it known to be the temple which was made for God. Which would eventually be done away, and established forever in heaven alone. Because of the resurrection. And at this point, Jesus had now had received the power from the Father which was given to him, in heaven and in the earth. Which he would retain until the final enemy was defeated and then Jesus gave back what was rightfully his Fathers, and they become united together as in the beginning. God, and God's word, making the Lord God Almighty, completely all in all.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Jesus tells his disciples, go therefore, and teach all nations.

Nations here is where a lot of people get hung up at.

Nations would be defined as such:
ethnos

eth'-nos

Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
You may believe this, or you may not, but this would pertain to their only known scope of their world. All the nations which surrounded them at the time. From what I understand for 10 years, the disciples went for the Jewish nations, before came along, and then it spread further out into the world, they knew at that time. Which Paul said, he was able to get to them all ( I think that is right, I could be wrong).
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Jesus goes on to say teaching them to observe all the things whatsoever I have commanded you (eleven disciples), lo, I am with you (eleven disciples), even unto the end of the world (age). Amen.

With all this now framed out so that you can digest and intake what is being said here, it is while myself, have no problem with sharing the Gospel with anyone, who would be willingly to sit with me and listen to me read it outloud to them, in which they hear the words, and then decide if they like what they hear or not.

None of the things above were ever told to me, as a direct command. Jesus gave his (eleven disciples) (Paul came around after), the directive to go out unto all the nations around them, first to the jewish, then to the gentile, in which they would go on to teach about the Father, the Son, and the power of the Holy Spirit unto them, and they were to do so unto the very end of the age which would be the end of the Jewish nation all together in 70Ad, with 1,000,000 jewish people having died.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As mentioned prior, the purpose overall

to share the Gospel message, and it is not about being just saved from hell.

If anything is about being saved from this world, and being saved from ourselves, and being saved from darkness, and being saved to the Kingdom of Heaven, as the children of light having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and God loves all people and seeking to heal!