A Neglected Tool for Praise and Worship: Lifting Up Hands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl ....I sooooo miss Corporate Worship... I was so spoiled by the church I went to... 1.5 hours of WORSHIP before church began.
It was so beautiful.... they gave you the necessary time to get into the PRESENCE of GOD... It was such a sweet perfume.

I have not had this experience in over 7 years... since I moved to where I am now... There are NO churches here that seem
to understand the IMPORTANCE of beginning church with GOOD WORSHIP.

All that used to be positive in the world with this apathy in some places in the church, means that the falling away is happening, and around the corner is the second coming of Jesus!

cc: @Pearl

Last edited:

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a very reserved person while in church, when I go at least, as I haven't been in a couple years due to having my kids every weekend and their mom not allowing them to go to my church. During worship I would never raise my hands. That is not how I worship God.

I have no issues with others doing it, but it's just something I will not do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a very reserved person while in church, when I go at least, as I haven't been in a couple years due to having my kids every weekend and their mom not allowing them to go to my church. During worship I would never raise my hands. That is not how I worship God.

I have no issues with others doing it, but it's just something I will not do.

I find myself reserved most of the time too, except when the Spirit hits me. Then I'm Hot. Judge what you are from below.

Rev. 3:
15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Hot means on fire for God. Outwardly joyous
Cold means merciful and refreshing. Good exhortations of comfort.
Lukewarm means total apathy, or lack of the Spirit for boldness, Acts of the Apostles 4:31.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find myself reserved most of the time too, except when the Spirit hits me. Then I'm Hot. Judge what you are from below.

Rev. 3:
15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Hot means on fire for God. Outwardly joyous
Cold means merciful and refreshing. Good exhortations of comfort.
Lukewarm means total apathy, or lack of the Spirit for boldness, Acts of the Apostles 4:31.

Just because I don't raise my hands doesn't mean that I am apathetic. It means I have a different way of worshipping than you do.

It is not a command to raise your hands during worship, therefore it is not sin.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because I don't raise my hands doesn't mean that I am apathetic. It means I have a different way of worshipping than you do.

It is not a command to raise your hands during worship, therefore it is not sin.

You don't have to tell me the results. I'm not judging you. But we should be testing ourselves.