A new song?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 40:3
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 98:1
O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

what is this new song? What does it have to do with Mary?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

A misappropriation of an old song....and when one listens carefully the refrain is a well rehearsed repeat.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An interesting song that is referred to as new is the one the anointed sing sir. That term being applied to them actually helps in tying together scriptures about them, for example we know those of Rev 5:9,10 are the same as those of Rev 14:3 because that term helps us to understand these are the same ones, and we further see that they will not reside on the earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A misappropriation of an old song....and when one listens carefully the refrain is a well rehearsed repeat.

A song of thanksgiving for our salvation!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting song that is referred to as new is the one the anointed sing sir. That term being applied to them actually helps in tying together scriptures about them, for example we know those of Rev 5:9,10 are the same as those of Rev 14:3 because that term helps us to understand these are the same ones, and we further see that they will not reside on the earth.

Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,

song of thanksgiving for our salvation!

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done great things to me!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A song of thanksgiving for our salvation!

the song of domination!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

song of thanksgiving for our salvation!

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done great things to me!

Interestingly sir, I never knew God has a mother, in fact I have always believed, although not understood that He always existed, and had no parents. Do you think you might have erred in your understanding?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly sir, I never knew God has a mother, in fact I have always believed, although not understood that He always existed, and had no parents. Do you think you might have erred in your understanding?

Do you deny the divinity of Christ?

Not mother of the divine nature!
But mother of Jesus Christ who is God?
Lk 1:43

Ark of the New Covenant!

Mary, ever virgin, mother of God!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying…

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new song!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ark of the New Covenant!

Mary, ever virgin, mother of God!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying…

What does Christ mean faith?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anointed!

now answer mine

Yes sir, you are correct. And since Jesus is anointed, who anointed him. it was God of course.

Fair enough Faith, you asked:

I believe I answered it, but I will try to make it clearer. Jesus is Divine, and is referred to as a god in the Bible, but so is satan. All spirit beings would have the same makeup as they were created equal.

Mary is in fact the mother of Jesus the anointed, but he is not God, the point I was trying to reason with you on. He is God's son, in fact His firstborn son.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, you are correct. And since Jesus is anointed, who anointed him. it was God of course.

Fair enough Faith, you asked:

I believe I answered it, but I will try to make it clearer. Jesus is Divine, and is referred to as a god in the Bible, but so is satan. All spirit beings would have the same makeup as they were created equal.

Mary is in fact the mother of Jesus the anointed, but he is not God, the point I was trying to reason with you on. He is God's son, in fact His firstborn son.

divine and God are the same

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
divine and God are the same

I started to say I cannot agree with that, but you are correct, however we need to remember that there are many gods, and although they are all Divine including Jehovah, to us (Christians) there is really only one God, and that is Jehovah 1 Cor 8:5,6

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started to say I cannot agree with that, but you are correct, however we need to remember that there are many gods, and although they are all Divine including Jehovah, to us (Christians) there is really only one God, and that is Jehovah 1 Cor 8:5,6

there are those who are called god as a figure of speach but there can only be one God, one supreme being uncreated and eternal!

one God, there divine persons

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are those who are called god as a figure of speach but there can only be one God, one supreme being uncreated and eternal!

one God, there divine persons

Persons? Jehovah our God is but one God faith. I don't generally argue with the Bible, but I understand your point, you mean that to you there is one God, as you don't serve others. But consider other people do, and their gods are as real to them as is yours to you.

The Bible points out there are actually 2 Gods that are real, and have followers sir. They are Jehovah and satan. satan has 1/3 of angels that chose to follow him, and he has the vast majority of humans doing the same. At this time Jehovah has few humans serving Him, but one day all humans will, if the Bible is true of course.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Persons? Jehovah our God is but one God faith. I don't generally argue with the Bible, but I understand your point, you mean that to you there is one God, as you don't serve others. But consider other people do, and their gods are as real to them as is yours to you.

The Bible points out there are actually 2 Gods that are real, and have followers sir. They are Jehovah and satan. satan has 1/3 of angels that chose to follow him, and he has the vast majority of humans doing the same. At this time Jehovah has few humans serving Him, but one day all humans will, if the Bible is true of course.

Satan is not God! Uncreated and eternal but a creature fallen and only called God!

there can only be one supreme being!

One God yes
One undecided divine nature!
Three persons

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not God! Uncreated and eternal but a creature fallen and only called God!

there can only be one supreme being!

One God yes
One undecided divine nature!
Three persons

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

I personally don't argue with the Bible sir, if it says satan is god, then I believe it, may I ask why you think it errs in calling him god?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don't argue with the Bible sir, if it says satan is god, then I believe it, may I ask why you think it errs in calling him god?

small g god or ruler not divine uncreated and eternal!

what does supreme mean anyway?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
small g god or ruler not divine uncreated and eternal!

what does supreme mean anyway?

Small g or not, as you see the Bible calls him a god sir. The Bible states quite openly that there are many gods at 1 Cor 8:5, however although they are real to some, and have followers they truly are not real, however I am sure you realize that satan is not only real, but a very powerful god. We teach there are two real Gods Faith, Jehovah and satan, and the Bible clearly indicates you either worship and serve Jehovah or satan. Those who worship Jehovah will be given everlasting life, those who choose not to will receive the judgment of the lake of fire that was prepared for satan and those who belong to him, no matter what name they apply to their god Faith.

The Supreme God, Jehovah was called that because of His Supremacy, the true God, the Almighty. Does that make sense for a definition of what Supreme is Faith?