A Question About The Death and Resurrection of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity is not in the Bible.

The doctrine of the Trinity is definitely in the Bible.

The fact that you don't see it in there means that the following is very likely true of you.

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very clear

Well, without going to yet another verse, the verse in question was not clear as the heaters thought he was referring to the temple of Solomon.

The previous 500 times in the Bible, when the temple was referenced, it meant the temple of Solomon. You are in denial of figurative use of language here.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of the Trinity is definitely in the Bible.

The fact that you don't see it in there means that the following is very likely true of you.

It is not a question of me seeing what is not there. Just admit the trinity is not in the Bible and we can go on from there.

I know you are desperate to synthesis it’s presence by taking various verses out of context. It’s silly.

The trinity is so important, it is not mentioned once in the 66 books of the Bible.

I believe what the Bible says, not what trinitarians want it to mean.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, without going to yet another verse, the verse in question was not clear as the heaters thought he was referring to the temple of Solomon.

The previous 500 times in the Bible, when the temple was referenced, it meant the temple of Solomon. You are in denial of figurative use of language here.

Jesus clearly was referring to the temple of His body as evidenced by the commentary in John 2:21 given by John under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

It is not a question of me seeing what is not there.

Right...it is a question of you not seeing what is there.

Just admit the trinity is not in the Bible and we can go on from there.

That will never happen...because I am perfectlty aware that the doctrine of the Trinity is in fact in the Bible.

The trinity is so important, it is not mentioned once in the 66 books of the Bible.

It is at the very least mentioned in Matthew 28:19; and if you accept the kjv as inspired, we can also include 1 John 5:7.

Then there are the multitude of verses that show forth the Deity of Christ in holy scripture utilizing the biblical hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good word Phone,
If our sin nature (the human side of us, of course) were gone, then why Ephesians 6? Why walk in the Spirit so as not to sin if their IS no sin nature. Sin is a parasite and we will be fighting sin at all times with our spiritual weapons...no need for them if we are sinless.
BTW-I've come a long, long way with the driving thing :D No more speeding to the next red light :rolleyes: , no more flipping the bird and cursing at jerks...Now I pull over slowly and let them pass, or just ignore them. The ones that get me more than ever are the ones going below the limit in the passing lane of big highways o_O
Is it just me, or do we all get a sense of satisfaction when Jesus helps us push the old man of sin back down in the grave, when we return good for evil?

Why, just yesterday the devil came at me and I just knew I'd die if I didn't give in to him, but I literally cried out for Jesus for help and all of a sudden I began to think how guilty I would feel and how disappointed Jesus would be...and a few minutes later when it was over, I thought, "Wow, I'm not dead". LOL

I told that to someone and they accused me of bragging, as if I was able to do all that in my own strength...I think they were jealous because many people in church claim to be more than conquerors, but get their butts handed to them every time Satan dangles that one irresistible temptation before their eyes.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it just me, or do we all get a sense of satisfaction when Jesus helps us push the old man of sin back down in the grave, when we return good for evil?

Why, just yesterday the devil came at me and I just knew I'd die if I didn't give in to him, but I literally cried out for Jesus for help and all of a sudden I began to think how guilty I would feel and how disappointed Jesus would be...and a few minutes later when it was over, I thought, "Wow, I'm not dead". LOL

I told that to someone and they accused me of bragging, as if I was able to do all that in my own strength...I think they were jealous because many people in church claim to be more than conquerors, but get their butts handed to them every time Satan dangles that one irresistible temptation before their eyes.

Not just you bro,
I'd like to bury that old man so deep it comes out the other end of the earth and get's lost in space, forever!
Don't see how that was considered "bragging"! Aren't we supposed to share what He does for us? And YES, He always makes a way out for us...if we reach out to Him first.
Pshaw on what others say :rolleyes:. Their just jealous, lol.

Reactions: April_Rose

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I'm understanding this right but a lot of people wonder why if Jesus rose again after His death then what was the point of Him dying on the cross for our sins in the first place if He didn't stay dead,.. I think it was the act of Him dying that we were able to gain our salvation and it didn't have anything to do with His death itself. Am I understanding it right? Or is there something else I'm missing?

it is written that God required a sacrifice for sin. The Hebrews did this just to cover the sin for one year. This is what was a picture of the sacrifice to come in Christ. Because he laid his life down to be God’s sacrifice - God raised him in a glorified body wrath in righteousness. All those whose trust is in Christ has the promise of the same righteousness that is in Christ. Now the apostle wrote that Christ tasted death for everyone. He also went on to say that Christ suffered two deaths at the stake. The physical having put down the flesh and raised with a glorified body. The second death was the second death. This is what he tasted for everyone and will redeem those that are in him. The second death is to be separated from God. If you will notice the words Christ spoke while on the stake. He said My God, My God why have you forsaken me. This is how Christ tasted death. Christ goes on to say to us I will never leave you nor forsake you. Talking to us. If you will pray and ask the Lord for understanding he will guide you into understanding great mysteries hidden from the wise but revealed unto us.

Reactions: April_Rose