A question for Christians about Jesus Christ:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
Hi, this is my first post on the board. I hope to enjoy my stay here.Here´s my question to my Christian brothers: Did Jesus Christ (may all the peace and blessings be upon him) bring a new law in The Holy Bible like it is in The Holy Torah (Jews´ Scripture) or The Holy Qur´an (Muslims´ Scripture)?Note: Sorry if I have posted the question in a wrong section but I was unable to post in other section.

Abdul Dawood

Mar 6, 2008
Hallo Truth_Teller!First I would like to welcome you to the board. Also, am I correct in my guess that you are a Muslim? I noticed that after mentioning Jesus Christ you added the usual p.b.u.h.? Anyways, either way you are welcome. Unfortunately I am not sure exactly what you mean by asking if Jesus brought a new law? Could you be more specific please? Thanks!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Truth_Teller;48749)
Hi, this is my first post on the board. I hope to enjoy my stay here.Here´s my question to my Christian brothers: Did Jesus Christ (may all the peace and blessings be upon him) bring a new law in The Holy Bible like it is in The Holy Torah (Jews´ Scripture) or The Holy Qur´an (Muslims´ Scripture)?Note: Sorry if I have posted the question in a wrong section but I was unable to post in other section.
Jesus completed the law for us. He did not bring a new law, but brought to light the spirit of the old law... which is love. Most importantly, he came to die for our sins and fulfill all of the law for us.

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
(treeoflife;49484)
Jesus completed the law for us. He did not bring a new law, but brought to light the spirit of the old law... which is love.
What do you mean by "Jesus completed the law"? Does that mean that the law in the Old Testament which Jews believe in isn´t a complete one:shepard:????(treeoflife;49484)
Most importantly, he came to die for our sins and fulfill all of the law for us.
So that means you can commit as many sins as you wish since Jesus has payed for our since:shepard:????

Abdul Dawood

Mar 6, 2008
Hallo Truth_teller,Jesus came in order to fulfill all the old sacrificial laws by being the perfect sacrifice for our sins, in order that we may have a personal relationship with God. This does not mean that we can sin as much as we want and it will be fine. In fact, it should be the opposite: the more we get into the word of God, the more convicted we should be over every sin we commit. But because of our having direct access to God, we can ask for forgiveness for our sin. Again we also can not simply ask for forgiveness and keep on sinning, we must repent and stop committing that sin.I hope that answers some of your questions.toodlesMatthew 5:1717"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Truth_Teller;49564)
So that means you can commit as many sins as you wish since Jesus has payed for our since:shepard:????
No I believe not. If we truly repent and want forgiveness than we will stop the sins that we commit. It would be kind of pointless to keep asking for forgiveness for the same thing over and over again. Furthermore if we continue with the same sins are we really sorry? I mean you can say you are but are you in your heart?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Truth_Teller;49564)
What do you mean by "Jesus completed the law"? Does that mean that the law in the Old Testament which Jews believe in isn´t a complete one:shepard:????
No what it means is that the need for sacrifice and atonement were completed by His death and resurrection. He fulfilled all law, yet states that not one jot or tittle will by anymeans pass away until all is fulfilled. This was accomplished on the cross.
no...I think you know better than that. If you know anything about Christianity you know that we are driven to be sinless and as Christ like as possible. Our goal is perfection (flawlessness and without sin), our reward is a crown and eternity in Heaven with Him. The difference is that we are forgiven when we do commit sin, which does happen unfortunately, but it is by His sacrificial blood that we are forgiven and not by our following of the letter of the law which commanded animal sacrifice to atone for sin. It is by belief in Christ that we are saved, not by works of the law which cannot get us to the Father. For as Christ stated, there is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son. Through Christ we are blameless and white as snow to the Father.

Elias

Dec 6, 2007
The final and the seventh Covenant, which God made with humanity to renew all His Creation forever, was effected through His own God Son, Jesus Christ who is the Ultimate Adam, begotten of the Virgin Mary who is the Ultimate Adam, begotten of the Virgin Mary who is the Ultimate Eve. The New Covenant is perpetuated by the Bread and Wine of the Holy Communion (Eucharist) -the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ. God's Incarnation in the living human body which He, as Christ, inherited from His Holy Mother and the attainment of the eternal redemption by His self sacrificial crucifixion, inaugurated the New Covenant of Mercy and Salvation.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(Elias;49782)
The final and the seventh Covenant, which God made with humanity to renew all His Creation forever, was effected through His own God Son, Jesus Christ who is the Ultimate Adam, begotten of the Virgin Mary who is the Ultimate Adam, begotten of the Virgin Mary who is the Ultimate Eve. The New Covenant is perpetuated by the Bread and Wine of the Holy Communion (Eucharist) -the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ. God's Incarnation in the living human body which He, as Christ, inherited from His Holy Mother and the attainment of the eternal redemption by His self sacrificial crucifixion, inaugurated the New Covenant of Mercy and Salvation.
Isn't the new covenant perpetuated by his death and resurrection? Jesus is not a wafer nor is he water and wine to be digested....