A question for mormons.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul the apostle wrote,

2Co 11:6, But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the lie of Mormonism is unrighteousness.

How many? How many lies? How many unrighteous Christians? 30,000....50,000 Protestant denominations. How many are unrighteous? Well the Catholics would say all of them. But within themselves how many interpretations of the Holy Bible exists. How many have their beliefs defined? How many use a fuzzy logic to define their religion. Which denomination is true and which tens of thousands are lies. Then you have the church of one....Non-denominationals.... millions...which person is correct, and which millions are lies. By this reckoning Christianity is full of unrighteousness, more lies than trues. What is a young Christian to do with this? What percentage of Christianity is made up of liars and condemners. Is it an attractive religion when you look at the character of the Christians? Does it build confidence that they cannot figure out the Holy Bible? Who introduced this fracturing nature in Christianity? Who would want to fracture Christ's Church? Who would like to see us condemning each other? At this point, after the damage has been done, our only logical, correct, and righteous thing to do is suggest unity and camaraderie within Christianity.
"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written," Rom 3:4

That includes me too to the extent that I am in error and teach what I believe as truth. Who is the Truth?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am … the truth..." John 14:6

Who sees Jesus better than through a glass darkly?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part...I Cor 13:12

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written," Rom 3:4

That includes me too to the extent that I am in error and teach what I believe as truth. Who is the Truth?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part...I Cor 13:12

God bless, As I have said, the very basics of the Gospels save....period.
For the rest, it takes a certain amount to wisdom and the Spirit of Christ to get it right. lol Get some or most of it right anyway? We can only hope!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peer pressure can actually be a good thing, if used for the right reasons.

Makes no sense whatsoever.
justbyfaith persecuting another is always wrong and hateful.
There's no excuses for it.
A persecutor will never "save" anyone, rather people will naturally flee from them and the things they proclaim (via words or deeds).

For a servant of Christ, the focus should be on humility, love, and service. Showing His goodness through every action, and occasionally words.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, peer pressure can be a force for good, if it is used to motivate people towards good.
This thread is not that (if such a thing even exisits).

A persecutor will never "save" anyone, rather people will naturally flee from them and the things they proclaim (via words or deeds).

For a servant of Christ, the focus should be on humility, love, and service. Showing His goodness through every action, and occasionally words.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus also said, "Thy word is truth." (John 17:17).

I think that there are those who think that we can never come to the knowledge of the truth; because the truth is somehow elusive and therefore if anyone says that they have it, they must be in some form of pride.

However, those who are ever learning and never come to the knowledge of the truth are not put in a good light by holy scripture (see 2 Timothy 3:6-9, esp. v.7).

Therefore it is not necessarily a false statement for someone to say that they do have and know the truth; it is not arrogant or prideful to say so. Especially if one has spent much time studying holy scripture in order to come to the knowledge of it.

2Ti 2:15, Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Those who rightly divide the word of truth can be said to have the knowledge of the truth.

Truth = fact.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who would want to fracture Christ's Church? Who would like to see us condemning each other?

" And do ye, each and all, form yourselves into a
chorus, that being harmonious in concord and taking
the key note of God ye may in unison sing with one
voice through Jesus Christ unto the Father, that He
may both hear you and acknowledge you by your good
deeds to be members of His Son. It is therefore
profitable for you to be in blameless unity, that ye
may also be partakers of God always."

-St Ignatius to the Ephesians

Ignatius of Antioch to the Ephesians (Lightfoot translation)

Peace!

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is not that (if such a thing even exisits).

Actually it is to a certain extent.

I agree. Those who truly persecute others (for righteousness' sake) are of the flesh; while those whom they persecute are of the Spirit (Galatians 4:29).

I believe that you have persecuted me on this very thread. I persecuted you back (because of what it says in Proverbs 26:4-5).

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, to be rude in speech is not necessarily a bad thing (see 2 Corinthians 11:6).

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is to a certain extent.

I agree. Those who truly persecute others (for righteousness' sake) are of the flesh; while those whom they persecute are of the Spirit (Galatians 4:29).

I believe that you have persecuted me on this very thread. I persecuted you back (because of what it says in Proverbs 26:4-5).

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, to be rude in speech is not necessarily a bad thing (see 2 Corinthians 11:6).
justbyfiath, I respect your beliefs, even those I disagreed with. I have made that abundantly clear, and worked to 5 extra miles with you & be patient even amongst all of your accusations. I have not once persecuted you for your beliefs, and take great offense at your statement.

I do not feel respect from you, to very understate it. I also understand that you don't see that, and you think you are doing the right thing (obviously I majorly disagree with your methods). Those methods bother me for several reasons. At first there's the obvious that I firmly believe that they are wrong, dehumanizing, and detest being subjected to that. But also equally concerning.. is that anyone anyone feels that this is the Christ-like way to do things. Yes, all Christians are flawed human sinners. But should we not be reaching for a better way? One without any fear, persecution, and just Christ-like love?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not once persecuted you for your beliefs, and take great offense at your statement.

You implied a persecution complex on my part. That is persecution in my book.

I had only been referring to the fact that I had blessed someone who had reviled me. In quoting out of 2 Corinthians, I was not referring to what that verse said about persecution at all, but to what it said about reviling.

You have also reviled me, even in the above post. May the Lord abundantly bless you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think it is important to point out two things

1. Being excluded from a group because of adherence to a particular doctrine or idea is not persecution

2. Jane, I am just pointing out a simple truth here, if I were to post regularly on a LDS site and demanded to be recognized as someone who held the priesthood and spoke out about being excluded from the Temple, I would be called out by every Mormon on the site, so I am always a bit baffled when you fail to see why your claims to Christianity are not recognized on a site like this. As a Catholic, I disagree with people who fail to accept church history and therefore exclude Catholicism from Christianity, but I am not surprised by it

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think it is important to point out two things

1. Being excluded from a group because of adherence to a particular doctrine or idea is not persecution
That's not the actions being done or referred to on this thread.
2. Jane, I am just pointing out a simple truth here, if I were to post regularly on a LDS site and demanded to be recognized as someone who held the priesthood and spoke out about being excluded from the Temple, I would be called out by every Mormon on the site, so I am always a bit baffled when you fail to see why your claims to Christianity are not recognized on a site like this.
@aspen, if you were to come to an LDS Christian site, you would be welcomed with open arms as a sibling in Christ. The LDS Christian sites I'm on have regular non-LDS folks whom are moderators and regular posters. LDS Christian in no way doubt your standing as a Christian. If you would like to attend an LDS church service on Sunday's (which are totally open to the public) and happen to come during the monthly open-mic Sunday, you'd be welcome to come to the pulpit and proclaim your love of Christ. On all Sunday's you're welcome to partake of the Lord's Supper.

Not obviously, LDS Christians aren't Catholic Christians and their are differences there. Just like neither of us are Protestant Christians. A Protestant can't be a Catholic or LDS priest- obviously. We shouldn't sweep difference under the rug- they are important. But everyone is still a Christian.
As a Catholic, I disagree with people who fail to accept church history and therefore exclude Catholicism from Christianity, but I am not surprised by it
Is people we bashers and sinners surprising? No.
But it's also wrong. And it disgusts me to see anyone treating any others that way while also claiming Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question for Mormons.

In Mormonism, I believe that a man is blessed the more wives he has by which he can produce children for his planet.

Why then are ministers punished within the religion by being prohibited from having more than one wife? (1 Timothy 3:2, 1 Timothy 3:12).

You would think that God would want to bless those who minister for Him.

@Jane_Doe22, you don't have to answer.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Mormonism, I believe that a man is blessed the more wives he has by which he can produce children for his planet.
That's bald-faced lie #72 from the hate-filled anti-Mormon pool.

@justbyfaith, you need much better sources / people whom are actually interested in truth (that cesspool is not). Don't waste your time or my time or anyone else's with that junk.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's bald-faced lie #72 from the hate-filled anti-Mormon pool.
Why do you think Mormons are hated so much?

They certainly don't believe in the real Jesus of the Bible; and therefore they are not hated because they belong to Him.

Notice that lies are not told about what orthodox Christians believe (though orthodox Christians are indeed hated by the world). Even those who don't subscribe to orthodox Christianity don't lie about its tenets.

Why do you think Mormons are hated so much more than Christians, so that lies are told about their very cornerstone of faith; when lies are not told about the cornerstone of Christian faith?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think Mormons are hated so much?
It's the result of fear & poor quality faith development on the hater's part. It's MUCH easier to spread bad information and keep people controlled via fear-mongrolling, rather than the higher road of seeing others as still being people with some same and some different beliefs.
They certainly don't believe in the real Jesus of the Bible
*rolls eyes for the millionth time*

justbyfatih if you are concerned about my salvation, you can ask me questions and listen to the answers about the criteria you believe is necessary for salvation.

Or you can keep (erroneously) thinking that I believe in some pink-flying-spaghetti monster and striving/praying for me to stop believing in this imaginary spaghetti monster. Honestly, that has zero to do with me and it's a waste of everyone's time.

Take that higher road rather than cesspool fear-mongrolling.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfatih if you are concerned about my salvation, you can ask me questions and listen to the answers about the criteria you believe is necessary for salvation.
No; I am going to simply continue to pray for you and to ask you questions about any other inconsistencies that I see in the LSD faith when they come up.

2Co 10:3, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4, (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
2Co 10:5, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;