A question for mormons.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're going to get it from the Holy Spirit.

I am not praying about any misconception about you; I am asking the Lord to deliver you from a cult.

I understand that you, personally, don't believe according to the dictates of the cult. I have listened to a certain degree what your beliefs are personally.

I will pray that the Lord opens your eyes to what the teachings of your cult really are, if you are in fact unaware of them.

I have heard that some Mormons don't even know what is believed by the core leading of the Mormon church; they are left in the dark because if they knew, they would leave the Mormon Church. If that is you, then I apologize for believing that you personally have been deceptive. But I know that those who evangelize for the Mormon religion often hide the details of what is believed deeper in because those things are so preposterous that no one would convert if they in fact knew them.
Doesn't fact check. But again, you're not going to listen. Got to "save" the imaginary doll.

Have a nice night believing whatever you want.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been reading the book of mormon and have read from 1 Nephi to the words of Mormon. I am losing interest in what the book has to say; and I feel that I have no need to continue because I am saved through faith in Jesus Christ even without the book of mormon.

Is there any reason in your mind that I should continue reading further?

Because if there isn't, I find that I am fed more by the words of the Holy Bible than by the words of the book of mormon; so I would just as soon discontinue my reading of the book of mormon.

It would make me thrilled if you got solid relationship with Christ that’s motivated by love and not fire-insurance.

Which specific labeled pew you set on is secondary to that. But find a place of love, not fear.

Makes sense...perhaps I will continue reading.

However, I know that our discussion concerning 2 Nephi 25:23 and John 5:24 does present a contradiction between the Bible and the book of mormon in my mind that causes me to disregard the book of mormon as being valid as holy scripture.

So, if I do continue reading, it will be from the perspective of one who does not believe in the inspiration of the book of mormon.