A rather rhetorical question for the "Hell is FOREVER" crowd

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of you believe that our loving creator sends much of his creation to suffer horribly in Hell FOREVER. Here is my question. How many different forms of torture do you believe our loving creator uses to torture his creation?

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of you believe that our loving creator sends much of his creation to suffer horribly in Hell FOREVER. Here is my question. How many different forms of torture do you believe our loving creator uses to torture his creation?
There are some things the majority of Christians believe, and because the majority of Christians believe these things to be true, they assume they are true. One of those things is that a lot of people burn in hell forever.

I think it's more accurate to say that there will always be a hell for people who want to sin.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some things the majority of Christians believe, and because the majority of Christians believe these things to be true, they assume they are true. One of those things is that a lot of people burn in hell forever.

I think it's more accurate to say that there will always be a hell for people who want to sin.

At least for people still in the flesh, I believe.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are told that there will be weeping and wailing and the gnashing of teeth.
I believe it will be because they have seen and realise what they have rejected.

WE will all realise that God's judgement of those who hate him is perfectly just.
The use of emotive words like ' torture ' only shows a little,e of understand about God's Holiness and our sinfulness.
None of us deserve God's mercy and those who reject it are guilt of being sinners and guilty of despising God's offer of mercy.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told that there will be weeping and wailing and the gnashing of teeth.
I believe it will be because they have seen and realise what they have rejected.
That may be true. It's also true that they will come out of the Lake of Fire as new creatures. They too will inherit God's kingdom after being purified by fire and brimstone.

• Love

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Silly question. God does not "torture". If you reject the doctrine of eternal Hell, then you are also calling Christ a liar. Is that how you wish to face Him?

Looks like we now have a bunch of Universalism promoters on CB. And universalism is false doctrine. Either believe the whole Bible, or disbelieve all of it. There is no middle ground.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you admit this, then it should not be a problem to accept what the Bible says about Hell (the Lake of Fire). Ultimately it is not human opinions but the Word of God which is the final authority.

Reactions: TheOneHeLoves

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they send themselves there Don’t blame Jesus, He paid their debt, they rejected his gift.

Reactions: Jack

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you reject the doctrine of eternal Hell, then you are also calling Christ a liar.
So dramatic.

The original translation from Greek was botched, quite possibly on purpose.

There are countless verses from multiple Bible authors that demonstrate that ALL will be saved in the end.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who has suffered has ceased from sin. How else can the unrepentant be restrained from continuing in sin?

Much love!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 2:5-9
5 For it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come, of which we are speaking. 6 It has been testified somewhere,
“What is man, that you are mindful of him,
or the son of man, that you care for him?
7 You made him for a little while lower than the angels;
you have crowned him with glory and honor,
8 putting everything in subjection under his feet.”
Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control.
At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. 9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be true. It's also true that they will come out of the Lake of Fire as new creatures. They too will inherit God's kingdom after being purified by fire and brimstone.
Are you saying then that God tortures people so that they will receive Him as their loving Father?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By being transformed by Christ and having the unnatural affliction of sin removed by Christ through purification.
They don't want that. That's why they end up in the lake of fire. They do not want to be reborn.

Much love!