A Spiritual Christian does not sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Thank you Stan for hitting the nail on the head. Taking responsibility is an act of maturity. I hold little hope that whitestone, will heed your words. But I do have to confess that playing in his playground for the past hour or so was fun. But fun time is over now.

Whitestone, I concede our discussion.. You are an incredible debater, and everything you said to me has been taken to heart. Well Done :)

God Bless.

You're welcome Yies. My responsibility is to RIGHTLY divide the Word of Truth, not MAKE people accept it. That is the job of the Holy Spirit. I must admit though that I tire of discussing with people who will not see or refuse to see God's Truth, so as with you, it is time to move on. See you around the forums.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you are mistaken.
[sup]6 [/sup]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

[sup]11 [/sup]Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

[sup]20 [/sup]Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
[sup]21 [/sup]For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit was working in holy men of God who obeyed him before the New Covenant.

Zechariah 4:6

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]6 [/sup]Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Men have been lead by the Spirit before the New Covenant. Now all men through Christ can be empowered by Gods Holy Spirit and live the lives that God intended for them.

God promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 that the new covenant would not be as the old covenant.
That is made clear. Man could not obey the law but some men like King David still received the annointing of the Holy Spirit.
Those called by God to serve his purpose especially the Prophets.
The New covenant came in with Christ. But we should not limit or forget that the Holy Spirit has been guiding men since before the new covenant. This new covenant is for all men. Not just Jews but gentiles too and allows us to serve God forgiven.

Yet these men were not regenerated in their spirits..even David!

So what is the difference between an OT saint and a NT saint? This is crucial to understand if we are to see what the calling in Christ really is.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
I think you are mistaken.
[sup]6 [/sup]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

[sup]11 [/sup]Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

[sup]20 [/sup]Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
[sup]21 [/sup]For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit was working in holy men of God who obeyed him before the New Covenant.

Zechariah 4:6

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]6 [/sup]Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Men have been lead by the Spirit before the New Covenant. Now all men through Christ can be empowered by Gods Holy Spirit and live the lives that God intended for them.

God promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 that the new covenant would not be as the old covenant.
That is made clear. Man could not obey the law but some men like King David still received the annointing of the Holy Spirit.
Those called by God to serve his purpose especially the Prophets.
The New covenant came in with Christ. But we should not limit or forget that the Holy Spirit has been guiding men since before the new covenant. This new covenant is for all men. Not just Jews but gentiles too and allows us to serve God forgiven.

Nope. You are mistaken. The holy spirit in the O.T. was not Christ resurrected. Now the Holy Spirit is Christ Resurrected. Big BIG difference that you need to understand before you are even close to understanding or receiving salvation.

(Joh 7:39)

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

You have definitely developed a couple of noids whitestone. Take some responsibility for your words. Second Advent and Second Coming mean exactly the same thing, if you KNOW English. You strain at gnats. ALL languages have words that mean the exact same thing. Maybe you think the Bible was written in English? You're now trying to tell us that the second coming is a non-scriptural topic. Amazing how you are so sure of what words the Bible does use, when it is of NO consequence, and yet you will not see the words that bind you in your blindness. The only one changing the meaning of words is you my friend.

I bear with you one more time, though you are a lost cause in your hardness of heart and blindness of scriptures.

There is NO SUCH THING as a SECOND COMING or SECOND ADVENT. You will find neither term in scriptures. No matter HOW much you want to change the scriptures, it isn't going to happen.

Use them, and you are a false prophet. The entire teaching of futurism is of the devil. You are following right along without regard for your own life, what is wrong with you?

The word Parousia is Greek and always means PRESENCE and NEVER means "coming". "Coming" is a different word and Parousia should never be translated "coming". All Bible scholars know this.

Do you understand any of this son? You really need to try to comprehend these things, your life depends upon it. And you really need to overhaul your attitude toward the Sons of God who attempt to pull your rebellious backside out of the fire!

Peace

For an example of those here who might be serious Bible students, here is a bad translation using the word "coming";

Here is the error prone KJV which translates the Greek word Parousia into "coming";
(1Th 2:19) For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
Here is the Youngs Literal Translation with proper translation of Parousia into "Presence";
(1Th 2:19) for what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? are not even ye before our Lord Jesus Christ in his presence?
Big difference in meaning between the two words that a dishonest tranlation can cause. The first translation doesn't even make sense, because Christ is Present even now. He already CAME. But of course, the unbelieving jews and the ignorant pagans still wait for His "second advent" how sad! For there is no such thing.
Wake up people!

(Rom 13:11) And this, knowing the time, that for us, the hour already is to be aroused out of sleep, for now nearer is our salvation than when we did believe;

Where in the Bible, does it say Jesus had a bath? Yet I am able to deduce (via my intellect), that on occasion, Jesus would have bathed. Would you consider my conclusion as evidence that 'I am an enemy to the Gospel? Afterall It's not mentioned in the Bible!

"deducing"...

Well there's your problem :) Thank you for being honest. I hope you learn not to repeat this error.

Peace

(1 Co 3:19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Yies1

Feb 3, 2010
My final words on this topic.

Whitestone, I say this with regret. You are quite ill. You really do require help. :(

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
My final words on this topic.

Whitestone, I say this with regret. You are quite ill. You really do require help. :(

That's ok. The devil's mininons also falsely accused and slandered my Lord Jesus. We are used to your slander.

But for the wise, here is an example of another who "deduced" something;

(Gen 3:6)

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi biggandyy,

I got to thinking a bit more about your comment here (from p3)

Paul is saying even if the Law was never given we would still be judged as sinners because of the Law written on our hearts.

Therefore it follows that if 'I' am crucified with Christ, I am dead. Then, when in Him I am raised to life, I now have a New Law written on my heart. This New Law - the spirit of life in Christ Jesus - frees me from the law of sin and death that I might live free from sin.

Those who indicate they are in unbelief about the efficacy of this New Law by continually proclaiming they cannot cease from sin, don't seem to realise how little logic is being exercised in their argument. The reason most people come to Christ is for what is commonly called 'salvation'. There is supposed to be an understanding on their part, that the reason Jesus destroyed the devil on the cross, was to set us free from the power of sin, as, unless the power of sin had been successfully overcome, we would never be able to become partakers of His divine nature.

If you remember, Adam was exiled from the garden of Eden because he couldn't eat from the tree of life, now he was dead in sin.

God doesn't expect anyone who has not been released from the power of sin to be able to stop sinning. But, everyone who claims the name of Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord, is expected to live like Him, by the power of His endless life - which destroyed death.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. We can be saved by His life only if we have received it. If sin is the fruit, that life was not received. Matt 7:20

There is an assumption within Paul's thesis, that if we genuinely intend to live in reconciliation with God, we will have already settled it in our hearts that we will live for Him and not for sin.

We come to Him, expecting to leave our sinful lives behind. This is the gospel!

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi biggandyy,

I got to thinking a bit more about your comment here (from p3)

Therefore it follows that if 'I' am crucified with Christ, I am dead. Then, when in Him I am raised to life, I now have a New Law written on my heart. This New Law - the spirit of life in Christ Jesus - frees me from the law of sin and death that I might live free from sin.

Those who indicate they are in unbelief about the efficacy of this New Law by continually proclaiming they cannot cease from sin, don't seem to realise how little logic is being exercised in their argument. The reason most people come to Christ is for what is commonly called 'salvation'. There is supposed to be an understanding on their part, that the reason Jesus destroyed the devil on the cross, was to set us free from the power of sin, as, unless the power of sin had been successfully overcome, we would never be able to become partakers of His divine nature.

If you remember, Adam was exiled from the garden of Eden because he couldn't eat from the tree of life, now he was dead in sin.

God doesn't expect anyone who has not been released from the power of sin to be able to stop sinning. But, everyone who claims the name of Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord, is expected to live like Him, by the power of His endless life - which destroyed death.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. We can be saved by His life only if we have received it. If sin is the fruit, that life was not received. Matt 7:20

There is an assumption within Paul's thesis, that if we genuinely intend to live in reconciliation with God, we will have already settled it in our hearts that we will live for Him and not for sin.

We come to Him, expecting to leave our sinful lives behind. This is the gospel!
Very encouraging!!!!!

We are either dead In Christ or else dead To Christ.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Matthew 24:3

Tell us, what is the sign of your parousia, and of the completion of the age?

The disciples asked this of Jesus, though He was standing right in front of them. Jesus was in their presence already, yet still they asked this question.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 24:3

Tell us, what is the sign of your parousia, and of the completion of the age?

The disciples asked this of Jesus, though He was standing right in front of them. Jesus was in their presence already, yet still they asked this question.

The important thing is His presence within you and you abiding in that presence. Then it doesn't matter when Jesus comes back.

How do we foster that presence???

Why have so few contemplated (as in ACTS 2) a closer connection to the body of Christ in the form of a community life in the Spirit? In the early church days the brethren would live near each other in order to "break bread from house to house". There is nothing like a true fellowship in the Spirit among those who have committed their lives both to Christ and one another In Christ.

This is where real growth and satisfaction lie....that we get connected to the larger body. My experience is that the atmosphere of the Spirit around you in close community DRAWS OUT the life from within you so that you are living at a kingdom level all the time.

But this is a closely guarded secret....;)