A Spiritual Christian does not sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
A Spiritual Christian will not commit a deliberate sin.

(Hebrews 10:26) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.”

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

jdbrown

Jun 5, 2011
True. If we were entirely spiritual, we would not sin. However, as long as we are in this world, we will not be entirely spiritual.

Read Romans 7

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that is not of faith is sin!

The deeper sins usually go unnoticed by the one who is able to avoid the sins of the flesh.

Rather, ONLY when we are being constantly filled with the Spirit an walking in the Spirit will we leave no room for the flesh!

Is it possible to no longer sin through Christ? Yes! :)

But that one will be exibiting the same love as Christ did. One can never overcome sin by trying to overcome sin!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
True. If we were entirely spiritual, we would not sin. However, as long as we are in this world, we will not be entirely spiritual.

Read Romans 7

That was a neat try to justify one’s sinning. Can you show me in the written Word of God where one can never become spiritual? Now you and I both know that becoming spiritual does not mean a spiritual being.

By the way I have read Romans seven, it seems you need to ask Jesus for an understanding of Romans eight.

jdbrown

Jun 5, 2011
That was a neat try to justify one’s sinning. Can you show me in the written Word of God where one can never become spiritual? Now you and I both know that becoming spiritual does not mean a spiritual being.

By the way I have read Romans seven, it seems you need to ask Jesus for an understanding of Romans eight.
Romans 7 is not a justification for sinning only a explanation for why we as believers continue to struggle with sin. Romans 8 deals with the bondage of sin being broken in Christ and our victory in Christ. But our victory is not complete until our sanctification is complete and this will not happen until we pass from this life into the next. See Romans 8:23-25

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that is not of faith is sin!

The deeper sins usually go unnoticed by the one who is able to avoid the sins of the flesh.

Rather, ONLY when we are being constantly filled with the Spirit and walking in the Spirit will we leave no room for the flesh!

Is it possible to no longer sin through Christ? Yes! :)

But that one will be exibiting the same love as Christ did. One can never overcome sin by trying to overcome sin!

(Hebrews 10:26) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.”

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

What is your own personal testimony in this regard?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Romans 7 is not a justification for sinning only a explanation for why we as believers continue to struggle with sin. Romans 8 deals with the bondage of sin being broken in Christ and our victory in Christ. But our victory is not complete until our sanctification is complete and this will not happen until we pass from this life into the next. See Romans 8:23-25

Where did that teaching come from? Did you ever see that in the written Word of God?

Now I know what you said is not true. I also can show you that I am right using the written Word of God. Now whom should people believe? What makes you think you are right?

What is your own personal testimony in this regard?

My personal account of how Jesus had me come to a spiritual walk with him is long and also would derail this thread. I don’t want the thread to be about me. I will say that God has kept me free from sin for over thirty years.

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

Hello Thankful 1:
You are correct, a Christian will not sin on purpose.

“…if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:7-9

Here in First John we find some Christians who are “walking in the light” as “He is in the light.” These Christians are “cleanseth” (present tense, continuous action) from all sin by the Lord Jesus. If we choose to say “we have no sin” then the truth is not in us. But, if we confess (present tense) our sins (I do this everyday!) He is faithful and righteous to forgive (aorist tense, something done ‘once’ in the past) us our sins, and also to cleanse (aorist tense) us from all unrighteousness.
Praise the Lord, we with all our faults can walk in the Light as He walked. I can remember what an ol’ friend (now deceased) who used a doxology, “Thank you Jesus!”

your servant in Messiah,
charlesj

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Hello Thankful 1:
You are correct, a Christian will not sin on purpose.

“…if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:7-9

Here in First John we find some Christians who are “walking in the light” as “He is in the light.” These Christians are “cleanseth” (present tense, continuous action) from all sin by the Lord Jesus. If we choose to say “we have no sin” then the truth is not in us. But, if we confess (present tense) our sins (I do this everyday!) He is faithful and righteous to forgive (aorist tense, something done ‘once’ in the past) us our sins, and also to cleanse (aorist tense) us from all unrighteousness.
Praise the Lord, we with all our faults can walk in the Light as He walked. I can remember what an ol’ friend (now deceased) who used a doxology, “Thank you Jesus!”

your servant in Messiah,
charlesj

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Thankful 1:
Are you the “old skyangel 1” with another name? About six months ago I went through this same argument with “skyangel.” She lured me over to her website (I forgot the web name) which was full of people who claim to have never sinned. I even wrote to a person, like yourself, who claimed he hadn’t sinned in 30 years. I think, if I remember correctly, this person told me they were an alcoholic etc. and was converted and as never sinned since. (In Texas we have a phrase, “BULL!!”)
The reason these people in John are “without sin” is because they have confessed and have been made righteous.
I am not going to carry out a long debate on this. I am on the coast on vacation (for about three to five months) and don’t want to spend the day arguing on this. I’ve been a Christian for 40+ years. I do know that I am not “faultless” and I do know I need the supreme sacrifice, JESUS, to substitute for me and to keep me clean.
Your servant in Christ,
charlesj

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Thankful 1:
Are you the “old skyangel 1” with another name? About six months ago I went through this same argument with “skyangel.” She lured me over to her website (I forgot the web name) which was full of people who claim to have never sinned. I even wrote to a person, like yourself, who claimed he hadn’t sinned in 30 years. I think, if I remember correctly, this person told me they were an alcoholic etc. and was converted and as never sinned since. (In Texas we have a phrase, “BULL!!”)
The reason these people in John are “without sin” is because they have confessed and have been made righteous.
I am not going to carry out a long debate on this. I am on the coast on vacation (for about three to five months) and don’t want to spend the day arguing on this. I’ve been a Christian for 40+ years. I do know that I am not “faultless” and I do know I need the supreme sacrifice, JESUS, to substitute for me and to keep me clean.
Your servant in Christ,
charlesj

No never heard of the person who you mentioned. I do not belong to any group. I am just an old man who God has been teaching for over thirty years. I am not trying to convert anyone or asking anyone to believe me.

My job is just to give a word. I know from God that a Christian is dead to sin. If one deliberately commits sin he or she does not know God.

Scripture says this, but only God can teach one to understand and walk a sinless life.

Beware, this has turned into a Proverbs 26 discussion.

I would think people would better be warned of a Calvinist.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
To ones who agrue that sin is okay in Christ: 1. Why would he ask for holiness and righteousness in the believer?
2. Why did the apostles strive and teach others to strive to live holy?

To ones who feel that Christians do not sin: 1. Is Jesus Christ's sacrfice useless? He died for all of our sins!
2. Why do you still sin are you not a Christian?

I feel that we as saved, born again, baptized, Holy Spirit fillled, foot stomping, fire baptized believers should live holy before God (Hebrews 12:14). Not in self righteousness but in the righteousness of God we receive through faith in Jesus. The only way to emulate Jesus is to live like he did (1 Peter 1:15). Yes we will fall and sin but we should not willingly sin because we know that we have an intercessor (Jesus Christ) but should strive daily to live a life of holiness that glorifies God and provides fruit and evidence of your faith we say we have in Christ.

bling

May 5, 2009
The only Christians I have worked with that have gone for long periods without sinning (although they never said it) where true Christians in prison (I am not counting the prisoners “going to school” in order to be paroled early). Those guys witnessed to everyone they could, always went together (to keep from being beaten if nothing else), took turns praying all night over each other (this was also to keep from being attacked in their sleep, did not watch TV or do anything that would even be preceded as something Christ would not have done (they were watched 24/7 by the snitches looking for the weak ones to have the Bulls [gang leaders] attack and make their slaves), they jumped into every fight to protect the innocent (someone was always in a sling or on crutches), they studied all they could, prayed constantly, and shared everything (some gangs would take away all they had). The question was never; “is this sin or not”, but how would the snitches perceive this action, because if there was a hint of being sinful they would see that as weakness and a price candidate for slavery. They were not looking for how to keep from doing something “bad” (sin), but what is the best thing they can be doing with the next 60 seconds (witness, study, pray, share with each others, serve someone, etc.)

If you been in prison for the last 30 years, maybe you have not sinned, but that is the only place I have seen that kind of commitment.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
To ones who agrue that sin is okay in Christ: 1. Why would he ask for holiness and righteousness in the believer?
2. Why did the apostles strive and teach others to strive to live holy?

To ones who feel that Christians do not sin: 1. Is Jesus Christ's sacrfice useless? He died for all of our sins!
2. Why do you still sin are you not a Christian?

I feel that we as saved, born again, baptized, Holy Spirit fillled, foot stomping, fire baptized believers should live holy before God (Hebrews 12:14). Not in self righteousness but in the righteousness of God we receive through faith in Jesus. The only way to emulate Jesus is to live like he did (1 Peter 1:15). Yes we will fall and sin but we should not willingly sin because we know that we have an intercessor (Jesus Christ) but should strive daily to live a life of holiness that glorifies God and provides fruit and evidence of your faith we say we have in Christ.

Well said, and I totally agree.....

Romans 3:
20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

We are justified freely by His grace even after we fall short of the glory of God..we are righteous because of our faith in Christ Jesus...most followers of Christ that are Holy Spirit filled do not sin willingly....we do sin at times and do no think that what we just did is a sin....when we speak to one another in a way that makes another feel small, angry or hurt...we have sinned....We need to speak to all in love all the time...not just when we are agreeing...I just finished going off my rocker with my hubby and so I have sinned...not only have I hurt him, but I hurt the Lord by raising my voice and speaking in anger.....But by His grace and my faith in Him...I can repent and try to change the way I speak to my hubby...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The only Christians I have worked with that have gone for long periods without sinning (although they never said it) where true Christians in prison (I am not counting the prisoners “going to school” in order to be paroled early). Those guys witnessed to everyone they could, always went together (to keep from being beaten if nothing else), took turns praying all night over each other (this was also to keep from being attacked in their sleep, did not watch TV or do anything that would even be preceded as something Christ would not have done (they were watched 24/7 by the snitches looking for the weak ones to have the Bulls [gang leaders] attack and make their slaves), they jumped into every fight to protect the innocent (someone was always in a sling or on crutches), they studied all they could, prayed constantly, and shared everything (some gangs would take away all they had). The question was never; “is this sin or not”, but how would the snitches perceive this action, because if there was a hint of being sinful they would see that as weakness and a price candidate for slavery. They were not looking for how to keep from doing something “bad” (sin), but what is the best thing they can be doing with the next 60 seconds (witness, study, pray, share with each others, serve someone, etc.)

If you been in prison for the last 30 years, maybe you have not sinned, but that is the only place I have seen that kind of commitment.

I definitely think that being in a difficult situation pushes one to seek God wholeheartedly and commit because of his need...

But what if we decided to commit like those people and seek the Lord with everything OUTSIDE of prison? Could we not be like him? Otherwise it's like saying "All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me as long as I'm in prison". I think all things are possible with Christ no matter where you are.

If men can do this within prison walls, couldn't they do it outside of it also? If Christ were to teach a man to be perfect in prison and would then bring him out of prison and tell him 'Now walk by the same power as you have been in prison, keep your eyes on me and be as I am', could that person not do it? It says after all 'For nothing (actually 'no word') is impossible with God'.

God says "be holy as I am holy"!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

First living sinless has nothing to do with one’s efforts to stay from sinning. Being sinless is all to do with an indwelling of God. All a person needs to do is follow what Jesus/Holy Spirit tells him or her to do.

Jesus told me that we are not to hurt/harm anyone for any reason. A person being led by God would never harm another person, not even to save another’s life. You see to disobey God is a sin, and Jesus told us: (Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Define "Spiritual". The Apostles forsook Jesus after He taught them for years. You're saying they weren't "Spiritual", whatever that means.

First living sinless has nothing to do with one’s efforts to stay from sinning. Being sinless is all to do with an indwelling of God. All a person needs to do is follow what Jesus/Holy Spirit tells him or her to do.

Jesus told me that we are not to hurt/harm anyone for any reason. A person being led by God would never harm another person, not even to save another’s life. You see to disobey God is a sin, and Jesus told us: (Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”
Jesus also said to have evil thoughts is sin. You haven't had an evil thought for 30 years?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Define "Spiritual". The Apostles forsook Jesus after He taught them for years. You're saying they weren't "Spiritual", whatever that means.

Jesus also said to have evil thoughts is sin. You haven't had an evil thought for 30 years?

I personally believe Jesus had Peter deny him to illustrate to us just how much man needs the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Before Peter and the disciples were given the Holy Spirit they had no ability to withstand Satan. Satan was able to manipulate man at will. The disciples did not receive the Holy Spirit until Pentecost, which was after Jesus ascended into Heaven.

A Spiritual person is one who has the Holy Spirit and has allowed the Holy Spirit to control his or her lives.

I have not willfully committed a sin in over thirty years. That only means that God has made a home in me and he has kept me safe from Satan/sin. Before God made a home in me I was not able to withstand Satan/sin.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who is in christ doesnt have to sin, you are no longer a slave to sin... It is very possible to go through life without sinning, before every action... u have a thought, u have a choice: Would god approve of this or not, if you live your life in that manner then your are good, the spirit always wants to please the father, but its OUR FLESH thats is trying to compete with it. You notice how after Jesus heals someone, he says go and sin no more, lest something worse happens to you. GO AND SIN NO MORE, he meant that. Dont sin. I hate when people say, "we're human, we're gonna sin...." Thats an excuse to go out and do something contrary to what jesus says... YOU DONT HAVE TO SIN. You have the choice. Now sinning doesnt necessarily mean your damned, but think about it, temptation is meant to destroy you, not to just get you off track, but to kill you. God says the wages of sin is death. So everytime you sin, something dies. Remember that... Just dont do it.