A Testimony - Chapters, Seasons, Timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Christians….what a group we are. Some believe that God barely interacts with us at all, and some say that He talks to us all day long and if we don’t hear we don’t have the right ears or are not even saved. Some say that all gifts stopped 2,000 years ago and some believe that people are being raised, physically, from the dead this very day.

This testimony is for the people that think God is removed from us and not working in our lives. This is also a big sign that says ‘GOD IS FOR YOU and is Romans 8:28’ing your life. Fear not.’

I apologize…brevity is not a strong point for me. I've broken it up in to sections in case it doesn't make sense.

1) My mom died 8.8.18 after decades of illness and 3-4 weeks of the final stages of cancer including hospice.

It is an epic story with a great ending and the Lord was in it in a huge, undeniable way. He spoke to me. It was one of the few times in my life where this happened. It was telepathy but I can say ‘spoke’ because it was a clear voice, but only in my head. There are lots of events in her story that some would call coincidence, but that is another story.

The gist of the that last 3-4 weeks is summed up in an image/vision that I received. It was: You want to write the next part of this story but I, the Lord, will write something better than you can even imagine.' This idea was sort of pressed into me. A book laid open with the left-side written and the right-side blank. I received the image 1st, and the meaning 2nd.

2) My brother does boatloads of cool geometric drawings (My avatar is one of them. Most of his drawings are simply geometric. He’s not a believer…I preached to him, and he said ‘no thank you.'. He does these drawings all the time, so I had the idea (again…idea was from the Lord) to ask him to draw me something in particular because I believe he is searching for the Lord IN his drawings, but he doesn’t know it. I was hoping God would reach out to him through this practice of his. I don’t think I can post links but if you search for ‘calvary chapel book of John Rick Griffin.’ The book is the 1st chapter of the gospel by John illustrated by Rick Griffin. I asked my brother to do a drawing from that book, in his style. I texted him the pic and then said I’d send him the whole book so he had a bigger copy of it. I really just wanted him to look through, and hopefully read, the book because it’s the 1st chapter of John! He gave me back his interpretation of the picture a while later.

Rick Griffin's picture I asked him to draw I just want his interpretation. It's really not his style at all.
book of John.jpg

3)
Fall of 2022 – Having a really hard time with a family member. The two of us go to an isolated mountain house. We needed to get away from society as a sort of detox from LIFE. My wife, and I, needed to make some big decisions so that time was for me too. I was in prayer, and this person and I were reading the Bible together. It was a big mix of ups and downs and it was all being done while my wife and I were trying to make this hard decision, and the clock was ticking. I was there for a week. Stress. The person I was with most definitely did NOT want the decision we assumed we were going to make so that was not something we were looking forward too.

After 10 days my wife came and took over for me and I began the drive back home. I was 1.5 hours from home. As soon as I got in the car the Lord impressed this image/vision (the book) into me and told me to give it to my brother so he could put his spin on it. Again…’He told me’ was in the form of an idea, impression, not an audible voice but it just popped into my head in a very unusual way. It was a long drive, so I went through the whole 3-4 weeks of my mom’s passing in my mind, refreshing my memory and just reminiscing. Basically telling the story in my head to myself.

There is a part in the story where I see the 'verse of the day' in my Bible app. It was a perfectly timed verse. I couldn't remember the actual chapter/verse but remembered basically what it said. Not a big deal...I have it written down...I got to where I was going and eventually completely forgot about the whole thing. Work/Eat/Life.

Ever wonder where life is going? Hard decisions to make? God is in all of it and He is writing the story. I do not know how free will and His will work together, but they clearly do work together, from my experience.

I finished my day, ate dinner, and got ready for bed. I grabbed my Bible to pick up where I’d been reading (gospel of Mark). I flipped it open and this is where it landed.

Print 8.jpg

I randomly open my Bible and it lands on the very verse that I’d been thinking of but couldn’t remember. It was as if the Lord had put His arm around me and reminded me that He was in all this decision making and difficult times.

To me; that is a miracle. I can’t prove it to anyone, but I know it happened and it wasn’t just a magic trick to amaze, it had a clear message which was the same message that I got when my mom passed.

Hallelujah?

CHAPTER 3

4) March 2023 – I’m in a Bible study group of 10 guys, and we have a fellowship night. One guy suggests we testify and the Lord puts the idea in my head to tell the story I just told above. Again...the idea was clearly given to me. Not my idea at all. I print out some pictures get a little sermon together. Totally not my style…I am introvert but the story is cool, so even though I was nervous I was also excited to tell it.

The night before I’m to give this testimony my wife and I go to see Jesus Revolution. On the way to the theatre, I get a notification on my phone. My brother has uploaded a picture to the share drive full of his art. It's his interpretation of the vision that I asked him to draw 6 months prior. Another moment of 'wow Lord, You are really in all this.' I could have told the story about finding the verse but the timing of me receiving that picture the DAY before I'm going to talk about it....sweet

8/2018 – Mom passes, the Lord gives me a vision

8/2022 – the Lord tells me to give the vision to my brother so he can draw it

8/2022 – I forget a verse related to my mom’s passing and ‘happen’ to open my Bible to it that very night. This become a story that I begin sharing

2/22/2023 – the Lord tells me to tell this story to my Bible group on 3/1/23

2/28/2023 – My brother uploads the picture of the vision I asked him to draw

3/1/2023 – I testify to all this

Again, the hand of the Lord is in all things. These happenings could not have been orchestrated by me. I’m either making this up, schizophrenic or the Lord is weaving all these things together. So again, fear not because He is in all things.

Another take away is the time. I was dieeeeeeiiiinnnngggg between 2018 and 2022 because I wanted to tell everyone the story about my mom. I was actually kind of bummed about it because I thought it was going to go in the trash because there just didn’t seem to be any place to tell it. It just never seemed right (it’s a LONG story). So this resurrected the story for me and made the following more concrete for me. Built my faith. This is what I mean by chapters and seasons. It was like fall and I didn't know there was a winter and a spring. I just thought the leaves fell and everything died.

The Lord’s timing is not our timing. All these things that have happened in this story, which is continuing, are very much chapters and they are NOT the speed I want them to be. I must learn to be patient and trust Him and believe that He is the author.

All glory to God from Whom all blessings flow

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Christians….what a group we are. Some believe that God barely interacts with us at all, and some say that He talks to us all day long and if we don’t hear we don’t have the right ears or are not even saved. Some say that all gifts stopped 2,000 years ago and some believe that people are being raised, physically, from the dead this very day.

This testimony is for the people that think God is removed from us and not working in our lives. This is also a big sign that says ‘GOD IS FOR YOU and is Romans 8:28’ing your life. Fear not.’

I apologize…brevity is not a strong point for me. I've broken it up in to sections in case it doesn't make sense.

1) My mom died 8.8.18 after decades of illness and 3-4 weeks of the final stages of cancer including hospice.

It is an epic story with a great ending and the Lord was in it in a huge, undeniable way. He spoke to me. It was one of the few times in my life where this happened. It was telepathy but I can say ‘spoke’ because it was a clear voice, but only in my head. There are lots of events in her story that some would call coincidence, but that is another story.

The gist of the that last 3-4 weeks is summed up in an image/vision that I received. It was: You want to write the next part of this story but I, the Lord, will write something better than you can even imagine.' This idea was sort of pressed into me. A book laid open with the left-side written and the right-side blank. I received the image 1st, and the meaning 2nd.

2) My brother does boatloads of cool geometric drawings (My avatar is one of them. Most of his drawings are simply geometric. He’s not a believer…I preached to him, and he said ‘no thank you.'. He does these drawings all the time, so I had the idea (again…idea was from the Lord) to ask him to draw me something in particular because I believe he is searching for the Lord IN his drawings, but he doesn’t know it. I was hoping God would reach out to him through this practice of his. I don’t think I can post links but if you search for ‘calvary chapel book of John Rick Griffin.’ The book is the 1st chapter of the gospel by John illustrated by Rick Griffin. I asked my brother to do a drawing from that book, in his style. I texted him the pic and then said I’d send him the whole book so he had a bigger copy of it. I really just wanted him to look through, and hopefully read, the book because it’s the 1st chapter of John! He gave me back his interpretation of the picture a while later.

Rick Griffin's picture I asked him to draw I just want his interpretation. It's really not his style at all.
View attachment 33792

3)
Fall of 2022 – Having a really hard time with a family member. The two of us go to an isolated mountain house. We needed to get away from society as a sort of detox from LIFE. My wife, and I, needed to make some big decisions so that time was for me too. I was in prayer, and this person and I were reading the Bible together. It was a big mix of ups and downs and it was all being done while my wife and I were trying to make this hard decision, and the clock was ticking. I was there for a week. Stress. The person I was with most definitely did NOT want the decision we assumed we were going to make so that was not something we were looking forward too.

After 10 days my wife came and took over for me and I began the drive back home. I was 1.5 hours from home. As soon as I got in the car the Lord impressed this image/vision (the book) into me and told me to give it to my brother so he could put his spin on it. Again…’He told me’ was in the form of an idea, impression, not an audible voice but it just popped into my head in a very unusual way. It was a long drive, so I went through the whole 3-4 weeks of my mom’s passing in my mind, refreshing my memory and just reminiscing. Basically telling the story in my head to myself.

There is a part in the story where I see the 'verse of the day' in my Bible app. It was a perfectly timed verse. I couldn't remember the actual chapter/verse but remembered basically what it said. Not a big deal...I have it written down...I got to where I was going and eventually completely forgot about the whole thing. Work/Eat/Life.

Ever wonder where life is going? Hard decisions to make? God is in all of it and He is writing the story. I do not know how free will and His will work together, but they clearly do work together, from my experience.

I finished my day, ate dinner, and got ready for bed. I grabbed my Bible to pick up where I’d been reading (gospel of Mark). I flipped it open and this is where it landed.

View attachment 33793

I randomly open my Bible and it lands on the very verse that I’d been thinking of but couldn’t remember. It was as if the Lord had put His arm around me and reminded me that He was in all this decision making and difficult times.

To me; that is a miracle. I can’t prove it to anyone, but I know it happened and it wasn’t just a magic trick to amaze, it had a clear message which was the same message that I got when my mom passed.

Hallelujah?

CHAPTER 3

4) March 2023 – I’m in a Bible study group of 10 guys, and we have a fellowship night. One guy suggests we testify and the Lord puts the idea in my head to tell the story I just told above. Again...the idea was clearly given to me. Not my idea at all. I print out some pictures get a little sermon together. Totally not my style…I am introvert but the story is cool, so even though I was nervous I was also excited to tell it.

The night before I’m to give this testimony my wife and I go to see Jesus Revolution. On the way to the theatre, I get a notification on my phone. My brother has uploaded a picture to the share drive full of his art. It's his interpretation of the vision that I asked him to draw 6 months prior. Another moment of 'wow Lord, You are really in all this.' I could have told the story about finding the verse but the timing of me receiving that picture the DAY before I'm going to talk about it....sweet

8/2018 – Mom passes, the Lord gives me a vision

8/2022 – the Lord tells me to give the vision to my brother so he can draw it

8/2022 – I forget a verse related to my mom’s passing and ‘happen’ to open my Bible to it that very night. This become a story that I begin sharing

2/22/2023 – the Lord tells me to tell this story to my Bible group on 3/1/23

2/28/2023 – My brother uploads the picture of the vision I asked him to draw

3/1/2023 – I testify to all this

Again, the hand of the Lord is in all things. These happenings could not have been orchestrated by me. I’m either making this up, schizophrenic or the Lord is weaving all these things together. So again, fear not because He is in all things.

Another take away is the time. I was dieeeeeeiiiinnnngggg between 2018 and 2022 because I wanted to tell everyone the story about my mom. I was actually kind of bummed about it because I thought it was going to go in the trash because there just didn’t seem to be any place to tell it. It just never seemed right (it’s a LONG story). So this resurrected the story for me and made the following more concrete for me. Built my faith. This is what I mean by chapters and seasons. It was like fall and I didn't know there was a winter and a spring. I just thought the leaves fell and everything died.

The Lord’s timing is not our timing. All these things that have happened in this story, which is continuing, are very much chapters and they are NOT the speed I want them to be. I must learn to be patient and trust Him and believe that He is the author.

All glory to God from Whom all blessings flow
Beautiful testimony! How wonderful our Father is to already have our footsteps ordered and has predestined us for His purpose.
Our testimony brings glory to God and hope to those who hear it. The blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.......
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
— Revelation 12:11 (KJV)

• Love
Reactions: Jn1.Chris

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful testimony! How wonderful our Father is to already have our footsteps ordered and has predestined us for His purpose.
Our testimony brings glory to God and hope to those who hear it. The blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.......
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
— Revelation 12:11 (KJV)
Waiting for the next chapter. I really want to tell my brother, but I want to do it in person . He's 10 hours from me.

• Love
Reactions: Heart2Soul

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for sharing this Jn1.Chris. I love reading personal testimonies that give life to more hope and faith to the reader. I also really like your avatar.. the geometric design is just so beautiful and I like the colors! Praise God for that beauty and praise and glory be to God for your testimony. Thanks.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this Jn1.Chris. I love reading personal testimonies that give life to more hope and faith to the reader. I also really like your avatar.. the geometric design is just so beautiful and I like the colors! Praise God for that beauty and praise and glory be to God for your testimony. Thanks.
Amen and amen!

1689378046407.jpeg