A Third Jewish Temple is Required

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the shoe fits, wear it, I say. Those who start mocking me instead of keeping a civil tongue and keeping to Scripture study, may EXPECT a rebuke in return!

Well, I could have accused him of following a CULT, which I think he is a member of SDA or Jehovah's Witness, which BOTH are CULTS, and not Christian. That would explain his FAR OUT Bible translation he uses. What about you? Same thing maybe, coming to his aid??
I'm not coming to his aid. I'm commenting on your tone.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, but it was a false impression. And that's your fault, Davy; I was very clear in what I said.
So you come here, knowing the Thread Topic is about the building of a Jewish 3rd stone temple in Jerusalem, and then throw out 'spiritual temple' ideas instead, and then try to tell me you weren't try to disrupt Apostle Paul's 2 Thessalonians 2 teaching about the "temple of God"?

Even with your false suggestion about interpretation of 2 Thess.2 "temple of God" when you claimed, like all kinds of different interpretations have been done on that, as if what Apostle Paul wrote was just playing Bible roulette! What you said against that Scripture was only to promote 'confusion', and you well know it too!
Yes, I'm well aware. And the misimpressions and misunderstandings regarding such. Yes.
There's that attempted confusion is again! Trying to infer that no one can really know what Paul's meaning was with that "temple of God" in 2 Thess.2!

The true... Bible student doesn't have to rely just on that one 2 Thess.2:4 verse to know Paul was pointing to a JEWISH STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem for the end. God showed about it first, in the Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 Scripture, which Antiochus never completely fulfilled, otherwise, Jesus would not have mentioned the placing of the "abomination of desolation" about 200 years later, in His Olivet discourse!

Thus by STAYING IN GOD'S WORD AS WRITTEN, it is very EASY... to confirm that Apostle Paul was pointing to the 'traditional' ISRAELITE STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem when that "man of sin" comes to sit in it and play GOD.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really Davy, how do you arrive at this conclusion?
It's not that difficult to see what's going on behind the scenes when someone is so far away from The Word of God as written.

Davy, Is not the last day of this present world when Jesus judges in the GWTR, after which, in Chapter 22-23, we enter into the Age of Eternity.
NOPE!
The Great White Throne Judgment ONLY... occurs AFTER Christ's future "thousand years" reign over the nations with His elect, AS WRITTEN in Revelation 20.

And I don't know what Chapter 23 in Revelation you're talking about. My Bible only goes to Chapter 22 in Christ's Book of Revelation.

OK BRETHREN IN CHRIST JESUS, here's a line upon line view of the start of the Revelation 20 Chapter which reveals its timing of Christ having just returned, Satan gets locked up, and the RESURRECTION happens with Christ's elect beginning His future reign of a period of a "thousand years" over the nations...

Rev 20:1-6
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him
a thousand years,

Not a metaphor, not a parable, not an allegory. Satan being locked up when Jesus returns will be a LITERAL EVENT.

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

NONE of these events are being given with that "thousand years" meant metaphorically. Those "thousand years" are to be A LITERAL PERIOD.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Because of those above events are EMPHATICALLY about the very end of this present world when the Antichrist-false-Messiah causes the time of 'great tribulation' with setting up that mark and beast, that verse CANNOT be applied TO ANY OTHER TIMING than on the day of Christ's future return, and handing out of rewards to His faithful saints. It is a reference to Rev.9:5-10 with Christ's elect made priests and kings (also Romans 8:17; 2 Timothy 2:12).

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in
the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
KJV

That is all... LITERAL.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you come here, knowing the Thread Topic is about the building of a Jewish 3rd stone temple in Jerusalem, and then throw out 'spiritual temple' ideas instead, and then try to tell me you weren't try to disrupt Apostle Paul's 2 Thessalonians 2 teaching about the "temple of God"?
LOL. Well, I "came here" back in December... You're really just now responding to this? I guess people do keep bumping these things back up. But that's a bit odd.

"...disrupt Apostle Paul's 2 Thessalonians 2 teaching about the ,temple of God,"... I don't even know what that means, to tell you the truth, Davy. Now, if you were to say, "...to correct (your) take on what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 2," then yes. :)

Even with your false suggestion about interpretation of 2 Thess.2 "temple of God"...
We just disagree on it, Davy. But, if you want to call it a "false suggestion," then rest assured, I think the very same thing of yours.

...when you claimed, like all kinds of different interpretations have been done on that, as if what Apostle Paul wrote was just playing Bible roulette!
<eyeroll>

What you said against that Scripture was only to promote 'confusion', and you well know it too!
Again, Davy, we disagree on it (obviously). "Promote confusion..." Nobody's doing that. Come on, man. Come on.

There's that attempted confusion is again!
Yes, disagreeing with you is "attempted confusion." Goodness gracious.

Trying to infer that no one can really know what Paul's meaning was with that "temple of God" in 2 Thess.2!
I inferred no such thing, explicitly or implicitly. Wow.

The true... Bible student doesn't have to rely just on that one 2 Thess.2:4 verse to know Paul was pointing to a JEWISH STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem for the end.
Ah, now see, this is interesting. I mean, generally speaking, I agree with what you say about not having to rely on just 2 Thessalonians 2:4 for clarification, certainly; Scripture interprets Scripture. God is His own arbiter.

God showed about it first, in the Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 Scripture, which Antiochus never completely fulfilled, otherwise, Jesus would not have mentioned the placing of the "abomination of desolation" about 200 years later, in His Olivet discourse!
Hmmm, well, about 600-700 years later, right? Not 200. But I agree, in principle, except... Well, I feel pretty certain if we get into talking about Daniel 9 and 11, we're going to disagree on those passages, too... But maybe not so much; it might be some fairly interesting conversation... if you were to tone this ridiculous rhetoric of yours down. <smile>

Thus by STAYING IN GOD'S WORD AS WRITTEN...
So, again, Davy, I'm "not staying" ~ at least here and there ~ in your understanding of God's Word as it is written. And that's no disparagement of you. Regarding all this rhetoric of yours, though... surely you are not like this in real life, right? I mean surely not...

...it is very EASY... to confirm that Apostle Paul was pointing to the 'traditional' ISRAELITE STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem when that "man of sin" comes to sit in it and play GOD.
I would agree that it's very easy, sure. But taking the easy way out is often the problem. Not that it's difficult or obscure, but yes, it is very... easy; I agree. <smile>

Grace and peace to you, Davy.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A Third Jewish Temple is Required​

A Temple raised in three days is evidence of the only Temple required.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There has to be a new Temple for King Jesus to Return to and reign from.
All as comprehensively described in Ezekiel 40 to 46
with no sacrifices? or are they to be cranked up again?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Well, I "came here" back in December... You're really just now responding to this? I guess people do keep bumping these things back up. But that's a bit odd.
That's not an excuse. You've simply probably been on my IGNORE list, which why you didn't receive a response. But now... you are. So deal with it.

"...disrupt Apostle Paul's 2 Thessalonians 2 teaching about the ,temple of God,"... I don't even know what that means, to tell you the truth, Davy. Now, if you were to say, "...to correct (your) take on what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 2," then yes. :)
By bringing in ideas about the Spiritual Temple into the conversation. Are you denying that you did that? Here's what you said in your Post #4...

PinSeeker said in his Post #4:
"We ~ we ~ are the temple under construction, all of us in Christ. The Architect and Builder is God Himself, and He will bring it to completion."

The Spiritual Temple of Ephesians 2 has nothing to do with what I was covering in the OP.

Instead I showed the coming Antichrist will establish old covenant worship again for the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem, which will require a standing temple and animal sacrifices. And you actually think THAT kind of temple means Christ's Spiritual Temple? Those unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem don't even believe on Jesus Christ! Yet what you said in your Post #4 is your bringing in that Spiritual Temple idea.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:27 proves there will be sacrifices and offerings again. As Ezekiel 45:20 says: for ignorance or inadvertent sins.

The Daniel 11 "vile person" prophecy proves that another Jewish stone temple must be standing in Jerusalem at the end to fulfill that old covenant worship again by the Orthodox Jews.

And also the Dan.11:31 placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL requires a standing Jewish stone temple in Jerusalem, and that Dan.11 Scripture is where Lord Jesus was quoting from about that "abomination of desolation" IDOL.

I believe the Ezekiel 8 is about that time at the end when that IDOL will be setup. And Ezekiel 9 represents the "day of the Lord", with judgment starting at God's House like Peter said.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not an excuse.
Who's offering any kind of "excuse"...? And for what, even? Ah, I get it; you're just taking things personally again, and you're "hurt." Well, okay. Get over yourself, man. Do you not see a problem with the way you conduct yourself on this forum? Or do you just enjoy it? Does that give you some kind of high or something? Or maybe it's an inferiority thing... Meh. Okay...

You've simply probably been on my IGNORE list, which why you didn't receive a response. But now... you are. So deal with it.
LOL! Davy, you have no idea how much I don't care. I literally don't care. :)

The Spiritual Temple of Ephesians 2 has nothing to do with what I was covering in the OP.
I well understand that you think that. And, in a certain sense, that's true.

Instead I showed the coming Antichrist will establish old covenant worship again for the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem, which will require a standing temple and animal sacrifices.
Yes, you showed me your reasoning for your opinion on that.

And you actually think THAT kind of temple means Christ's Spiritual Temple?
No. No, I don't actually think that, Davy. See, this is what conversations are for, Davy. They help people to understand other people better, and exactly what they are thinking and saying, and to be able to actually exchange ideas and possibly come to some kind of amicable conclusion, and even possibly agreement. But you're apparently not interested... or not capable... of that.

Those unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem don't even believe on Jesus Christ!
Well yeah, that's right; unbelievers don't believe, by definition...

Yet what you said in your Post #4 is your bringing in that Spiritual Temple idea.
No, you obviously misunderstood, and terribly so. But, so be it...

Grace and peace to you, Davy.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sooo, Jesus was not sufficient?
I cannot know the Mind of God, but I do read scriptures that make it clear how there will be a new Temple and offerings to God will be made in it.
Do you believe that Daniel 9:27 and 2 Thess 2:4 was a past event? Or is a spiritual event? Or do you just do like the Jews with Isaiah 53 and avoid it altogether?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot know the Mind of God, but I do read scriptures that make it clear how there will be a new Temple and offerings to God will be made in it.
Do you believe that Daniel 9:27 and 2 Thess 2:4 was a past event? Or is a spiritual event? Or do you just do like the Jews with Isaiah 53 and avoid it altogether?
It is HOW you interpret I disagree with. You interpret with the absence of God's revelation of himself.
You say you cannot know the Mind of God yet it was expressly for this purpose that Jesus was revealed.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Just the facts ma'am."

The Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 events of ending the daily sacrifice and placing an IDOL abomination inside the temple causing it to become spiritually desolate, was prophesied for the END by Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 24 and Mark 13...

Matt 24:15-21
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Mark 13:14-19
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
KJV

2. The above Scripture proof by Lord Jesus Himself, reveals that "abomination of desolation" IDOL event is reserved for the very end of this world, for the time of "great tribulation" that He warned about in those verses also.

3. The confirming of the "covenant" of Daniel 9:27 is the "league" of Daniel 11:21-23 which the "vile person" will make at the end of this world with a small group of orthodox Jews in Jerusalem. That "league" is the confirming of the 'old covenant' among the orthodox Jews at the end of this world, meaning re-establishing the old covenant worship among the unbelieving Jews in today's Jerusalem. That "vile person" represents the final Antichrist in Jerusalem at the very end of this present world.

4. The orthodox Jews believe that when Messiah returns, the Levitical priesthood and animal sacrifices will be re-established, and that must include a new temple in Jerusalem.

5. Old covenant worship involved the daily sacrifices, and worship inside a Jewish temple, in Jerusalem. That is what MUST be re-instituted for the end among the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem in order for the "abomination of desolation" prophecy to be fulfilled.

6. Because Jesus referred to this Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 "abomination of desolation" prophecy as a SIGN in His Olivet discourse, and linked it with the time of "great tribulation" at the end of this world, this means these events will happen in the FINAL generation on earth that will see Jesus' future return.

6. Because the "abomination of desolation" prophecy in Daniel involves a STANDING JEWISH TEMPLE, with an IDOL ABOMINATION placed in it, this means there will... be a 3rd Jewish Temple built in Jerusalem in order for this prophecy to be fulfilled.

"Just the facts man."

KJV Luke 17:28-30
[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the SAME day that Lot WENT out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them ALL.

[30] EVEN THUS shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
KJV 2 Thes. 1:7-10
[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, WHEN the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, [8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] WHEN he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

KJV Rev. 19:1-21
[10] And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for
the testimony of Jesus IS the spirit of prophecy.

[and not that which is fabricated through "the wisdom of men", also known as "church-ianity"- 1 Cor. 2:5]

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Just the facts ma'am."

No, it is more of a false interpreation of Biblical facts.
1. The Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 events of ending the daily sacrifice and placing an IDOL abomination inside the temple causing it to become spiritually desolate, was prophesied for the END by Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 24 and Mark 13...

First, exactly what is daily sacrifice in God's economy in the New Testament?
Second, where do you find "idol abomination" stand in the temple? Why do you think it will be a physical idol?
2. The above Scripture proof by Lord Jesus Himself, reveals that "abomination of desolation" IDOL event is reserved for the very end of this world, for the time of "great tribulation" that He warned about in those verses also.

Do you even know what is the abomination of desolation? In what temple on this side of the Cross?

3. The confirming of the "covenant" of Daniel 9:27 is the "league" of Daniel 11:21-23 which the "vile person" will make at the end of this world with a small group of orthodox Jews in Jerusalem.

False. Speculation.

That "league" is the confirming of the 'old covenant' among the orthodox Jews at the end of this world, meaning re-establishing the old covenant worship among the unbelieving Jews in today's Jerusalem. That "vile person" represents the final Antichrist in Jerusalem at the very end of this present world.

No the Lord does not say anything that has to do with Jews, national Israel, or peace treaty or "confirmation of old covenant". It is your private interpretation.

4. The orthodox Jews believe that when Messiah returns, the Levitical priesthood and animal sacrifices will be re-established, and that must include a new temple in Jerusalem.

Wrong temple. The temple has already been rebuilt in Church. The daily sacrifice has to do with salvation through Jesus Christ, not literal animals. Nothing to do with sacrifice in the Middle East especially after old testament Israel no longer represents God's kingdom after the Cross.

5. Old covenant worship involved the daily sacrifices, and worship inside a Jewish temple, in Jerusalem.

Not happening.

That is what MUST be re-instituted for the end among the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem in order for the "abomination of desolation" prophecy to be fulfilled.

Speculation.

6. Because Jesus referred to this Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 "abomination of desolation" prophecy as a SIGN in His Olivet discourse, and linked it with the time of "great tribulation" at the end of this world, this means these events will happen in the FINAL generation on earth that will see Jesus' future return.

Wrong generation. You do not even understand what generation Christ talked about in Matthew 24.

6. Because the "abomination of desolation" prophecy in Daniel involves a STANDING JEWISH TEMPLE, with an IDOL ABOMINATION placed in it, this means there will... be a 3rd Jewish Temple built in Jerusalem in order for this prophecy to be fulfilled.

Standing Jewish Temple? Idol Abomination...like it could talk that shock the world? Come on.

More premillennialism nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Just the facts man."

KJV Luke 17:28-30
[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the SAME day that Lot WENT out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them ALL.

[30] EVEN THUS shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
KJV 2 Thes. 1:7-10
[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us,  WHEN the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, [8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] WHEN he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Ah... you didn't continue to the Luke 17:33-37 verses where Jesus showed that the 1st ones TAKEN will be like a dead "carcase" wheresoever the fowls are gathered (Luke 17:37 and Matthew 24:28). And you want to 'fly away'? and be TAKEN?

KJV Rev. 19:1-21
[10] And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for
the testimony of Jesus IS the spirit of prophecy.

[and not that which is fabricated through "the wisdom of men", also known as "church-ianity"- 1 Cor. 2:5]

I really don't know who came up with that word "churchinaity", but it certainly DOES NOT mean Christ's True Church of The Spirit. The word 'Christian' originated from those at Antioch that first called themselves that, and it means 'a Christ man', or simply 'a follower of Christ'. So you should NEVER... mock the idea of that word 'Christian', nor 'Christianity'.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is more of a false interpreation of Biblical facts.
You have not presented ANY Bible Scripture to show otherwise. Thus you are bearing FALSE WITNESS.

In your whole... post, you do not even present just ONE verse from Bible Scripture, but only run your Biblically illiterate mouth against me. God rebuke you.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah... you didn't continue to the Luke 17:33-37 verses where Jesus showed that the 1st ones TAKEN will be like a dead "carcase" wheresoever the fowls are gathered (Luke 17:37 and Matthew 24:28). And you want to 'fly away'? and be TAKEN?

I really don't know who came up with that word "churchinaity", but it certainly DOES NOT mean Christ's True Church of The Spirit. The word 'Christian' originated from those at Antioch that first called themselves that, and it means 'a Christ man', or simply 'a follower of Christ'. So you should NEVER... mock the idea of that word 'Christian', nor 'Christianity'.
You have interpreted that backwards.
The born again saints are taken first to be with the Lord. All others who are left behind are burned up and destroyed!

Here is the full description of that which is "church-ianity", as opposed to "Christianity", being ALL who ARE born again by the "power" of His Holy Spirit
1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Let's all be reminded of Rom. 8:9.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the antichrist is supernatural as the Bible claims and he could snap his fingers and lightning came down
Why could he not snap his fingers and a temple appear?

If you are not expecting the unexpected, you are going to be taken up with the deception

I believe everybody’s putting too much attention on the temple, and that will be their downfall