A time of decision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe Jesus has been enthroned as King, then a decision has to be made. Do you support God's Kingdom, or do you place your confidence in the governments of this world?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you believe Jesus has been enthroned as King, then a decision has to be made. Do you support God's Kingdom, or do you place your confidence in the governments of this world?
Good question Robert. It seems as if the governments of this world have “friends” in the churches of Christendom. But “friendship with the world is enmity with God”....(James 4:4) If the churches are supporting their governments especially in bloody conflicts, and in making laws that contravene God’s laws, (gender wars, SS marriage etc.) then they are demonstrating whose side they are taking.

If Jesus taught us to be “no part of the world”, (John 18:36) then how can those who claim to be Christians even contemplate friendship with a world ruled by Satan? (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4) We can be in the world but not part of it.

It appears as if a person’s “Christianity” can be at odds with their nationalistic patriotism, which for some is indoctrinated from childhood. But truly, these are at odds with each other. A Christian has no “nationality” because they become citizens of God’s Kingdom and there is never any dual citizenship offered. The two realms have different gods and different rulers who are in opposition to one another. ...so choices have to be made....it is indeed a time for decision.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question Robert. It seems as if the governments of this world have “friends” in the churches of Christendom. But “friendship with the world is enmity with God”....(James 4:4) If the churches are supporting their governments especially in bloody conflicts, and in making laws that contravene God’s laws, (gender wars, SS marriage etc.) then they are demonstrating whose side they are taking.

If Jesus taught us to be “no part of the world”, (John 18:36) then how can those who claim to be Christians even contemplate friendship with a world ruled by Satan? (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4) We can be in the world but not part of it.

It appears as if a person’s “Christianity” can be at odds with their nationalistic patriotism, which for some is indoctrinated from childhood. But truly, these are at odds with each other. A Christian has no “nationality” because they become citizens of God’s Kingdom and there is never any dual citizenship offered. The two realms have different gods and different rulers who are in opposition to one another. ...so choices have to be made....it is indeed a time for decision.

You responded so accurately that I have to believe you are of my faith. Send me a note to my inbox if you desire maam, as I would like to know.