Abortion Facts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed something very interesting. Mention this fact the next time you start talking about abortion with a pro-choice person. This is one of those facts that only serves to further prove God's amazing wisdom.There have been many studies on this, and you can compare results easily by going to the world factbook over at the CIA website. However, here's a link where it's done for you:http://www.edwardhugh.net/medianage.htmlNotice that Japan is at the very top of that list for the world's highest median age. Japan was the first country to legalize abortion on demand. It's clear from that stat above that they're experiencing what common sense would tell anyone. That abortions are bad and that they are experiencing a decrease in the population because of it. Notice that out of the other top 10 countries listed, all of them allow abortions with the latest being, I believe Andorra in 1990.Here's a quick list...any correlations?Country Median Age Year Abortion LegalizedJapan 42.64 1948 Germany 42.16 1972 - East, 1976 - West* Italy 41.77 1978 Finland 40.97 1950 (health) 1970(liberalized) Bulgaria 40.66 1956** Sweden 40.60 1938 (health), 1974(liberalized)US 36.27 1973 (Somewhat Limited)Ireland 33.7 Illegal (can travel to UK)Chile 30.07 Illegal Brazil 27.81 Illegal (save health of mom and rape) * It should be pointed out here that Nazi Germany legalized and encouraged abortions to eliminate undesirable peoples.** In response to declining birthrates, the Bulgarian government restricted abortions in 1968. (Decree No. 188 of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare.)"According to the health ministry, 93,540 abortions were carried out last year in Bulgaria compared to 72,188 births, which constitutes a difference of nearly a third."" The infant mortality rate is meanwhile rising with 15 out of 1,000 babies dying at birth. The country's population now stands at 8.2 million compared to nine million in 1988."More Facts:[url="http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/25s3099.html]http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/25s3099.html[/url]

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Words from planned parenthood's founder.On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor peopleOn sterilization & racial purification: Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.On the right of married couples to bear children: Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932On the purpose of birth control: The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities: "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12http://dianedew.com/sanger.htmA woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow,http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger"The basic freedom of the world is woman's freedom. A free race cannot be born of slave mothers. A woman enchained cannot choose but give a measure of that bondage to her sons and daughters. No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.""Woman must have her freedom; the fundamental freedom of choosing whether or not she shall be a mother and how many children she will have. Regardless of what man's attitude may be, that problem is hers; and before it can be his, it is hers alone. [npg] She goes through the vale of death alone, each time a babe is born. As it is the right neither of man nor the state to coerce her into this ordeal, so it is her right to decide whether she will endure it. That right to decide imposes upon her the duty of clearing the way to knowledge by which she may make and carry out the decision. [npg] Birth control is woman's problem. The quicker she accepts it as hers and hers alone, the quicker will society respect motherhood. The quicker, too, will the world be made a fit place for her children to live."Woman and the New Race, Chapter 8, "Birth Control; A Parents' Problem or Woman's?" New York: Brentanos Publishers, 1922.http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger"[We propose to] hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."Commenting on the 'Negro Project' in a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, December 19, 1939. - Sanger manuscripts, Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.(Note: Dec. 10 is the correct date of the letter. There is a different date circulated, e.g. Oct. 19, 1939; but Dec. 10 is the correct date of Ms Sanger's letter to Mr. Gamble.)"Knowledge of birth control is essentially moral. Its general, though prudent, practice must lead to a higher individuality and ultimately to a cleaner race.""Morality and Birth Control", Birth Control Review, February-March, 1918, pp. 11,14."Eugenics is … the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.""The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda", Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5.The Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)"Birth control: to create a race of thoroughbreds."http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger"As an advocate of birth control I wish ... to point out that the unbalance between the birth rate of the 'unfit' and the 'fit,' admittedly the greatest present menace to civilization, can never be rectified by the inauguration of a cradle competition between these two classes. In this matter, the example of the inferior classes, the fertility of the feeble-minded, the mentally defective, the poverty-stricken classes, should not be held up for emulation.... On the contrary, the most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective.""The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda", Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5."The campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics.""The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda", Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5.http://bevets.com/evolutionconsequences.htm"Before eugenists and others who are laboring for racial betterment can succeed,they must first clear the way for Birth Control. Like the advocates of Birth Control,the eugenists, for instance, are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit.Both are seeking a single end but they lay emphasis upon different methods. …"—Margaret Sanger, "Birth Control and Racial Betterment." Birth Control Review,February 1919, (vol. III, no. 2); p. 11.http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_SangerThe most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Statistics of those who have abortions and repeat abortions.http://www.afterabortion.info/poverty.htmlWomen who have had abortions are more likely to become pregnant again and undergo additional abortions. Nearly 50% of all abortions are repeat abortions.http://www.frtl.org/abortion/articles/abor...%20a%20grim.htmAlmost half of the women undergoing an abortion - - 46% - - have already had at least one previous abortion,' a percentage which has tripled since 1974. In 1983, 39% of abortion patients reported having 1, 2, 3, or more abortions; in 1974 the percentage was 15. (Facts in Brief, Alan Guttmacher Institute, September 1995.)http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.htmlUNITED STATESNumber of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700snip..1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
Does correlation always equal causation? No, there are other factors that affect birth rate tremendously such as lack of money due from lack of jobs, and cannot finacially support another member in the family. Jamesrage, I don't know why you posted articles on Eugenics, but I can tell you that our country is as safe as it is now because of abortion. Your own links provide evidence for this. Who are these "repeat abortionists?" Crack addicts, drug-dealers, your every day criminal who is likely to have a child grow up without a father, become dangerous and commit crimes. Without abortion countries with high populations turn into chaos. I will post refernces to support my statements next time I log in. Hitting the hay now.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(Shingy;9919)
Jamesrage, I don't know why you posted articles on Eugenics
The articles on eugenics relate to planned parenthood's founder Margarette Sanger and what kind of evil sick person she is and what kind of evil sick group planned parenthood is.
but I can tell you that our country is as safe as it is now because of abortion. Your own links provide evidence for this. Who are these "repeat abortionists?" Crack addicts, drug-dealers, your every day criminal who is likely to have a child grow up without a father, become dangerous and commit crimes. Without abortion countries with high populations turn into chaos. I will post refernces to support my statements next time I log in. Hitting the hay now.
I don't buy,it is because of abortion why so many engage in unprotected sex and premarital sex.Abortion is the easy way out.If abortion was eliminated,people would be forced to deal with the fact that they would have to face the consequences of their actions and therefore would be motivated to either wait until marriage or to at least use some common sense and use protection and birth control pills.I do not ever remember reading about Jesus passing judgment on someone for the sins of their mother.
Who are these "repeat abortionists?" Crack addicts, drug-dealers, your every day criminal who is likely to have a child grow up without a father, become dangerous and commit crimes.
Most likely very evil women who see abortion as means of birth control and equivocate a unborn child to that of a toenail or some other appendage in order to justify killing it.
Without abortion countries with high populations turn into chaos. I will post refernces to support my statements next time I log in. Hitting the hay now
Lack of abortions does not equal spiraling out of control population.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(jamesrage;9928)
I don't buy,it is because of abortion why so many engage in unprotected sex and premarital sex.
Cite refernces t support your claim. My own personal opinion is that most people in 1st world countries who engage in unprotected sex are not simply ignorant of protection, but they're just plain stupid.
Abortion is the easy way out.If abortion was eliminated,people would be forced to deal with the fact that they would have to face the consequences of their actions and therefore would be motivated to either wait until marriage or to at least use some common sense and use protection and birth control pills.
Well, again, I disagree. I am going to foolow up on my previous statement that abortion cures high crime. Let's first agree on what abortion obviously accomplishes. It does lead to fewer "unwanted" babies. Now let's look at who gets abortions. They are largely people living in poverty who have little edcation or income to support a famiy. Where there is poverty you will often find crack-peddlers, and other drug markets. Of course there are other scenarios such as a rich girl who gets pregnate and is simply too irresonsible to raise the child, and to make matters worse, the man who impregnated her skips town, or pressures her to have an abortion. In most instances abortion is justified by the situation. If these people had their babies, how could they raise them to be successful people, if the parent(s) themselves are losers?The fact is that unwanted babies that are born are much more likely to suffer from neglect, abuse, and emotional trauma than wanted babies and are far more likely to become criminals. This too is quite obvious. The crime wave slow-down in the US is directly linked to Roe vs Wade in where Norma McCorvey(Jane Roe) dramatically altered the course of events in America without intending to. She was poor, unskilled, uneducated, and also a drug-abuser who only wanted an abortion. She took her case to court and won in 1973. What happens 18 years later? Crime begins to drop just as people born in the years following 1973 would have entered their criminal primes. These criminals were just never born.Take a look at this scientific report here that verifies the truthhttp://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Pap...galized2001.pdfStates with higher abortion rates consequently had lower crime rates. In this world we liv ein, abortion is often necessary.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(Shingy;9966)
Cite refernces t support your claim. My own personal opinion is that most people in 1st world countries who engage in unprotected sex are not simply ignorant of protection, but they're just plain stupid. Well, again, I disagree. I am going to foolow up on my previous statement that abortion cures high crime. Let's first agree on what abortion obviously accomplishes. It does lead to fewer "unwanted" babies. Now let's look at who gets abortions. They are largely people living in poverty who have little edcation or income to support a famiy. Where there is poverty you will often find crack-peddlers, and other drug markets. Of course there are other scenarios such as a rich girl who gets pregnate and is simply too irresonsible to raise the child, and to make matters worse, the man who impregnated her skips town, or pressures her to have an abortion. In most instances abortion is justified by the situation. If these people had their babies, how could they raise them to be successful people, if the parent(s) themselves are losers?The fact is that unwanted babies that are born are much more likely to suffer from neglect, abuse, and emotional trauma than wanted babies and are far more likely to become criminals. This too is quite obvious.
Not all poor people are criminals.Circumstances such as education level and average income level affect the crime rate,not women too stupid to either keep their legs closed or use protection.
The crime wave slow-down in the US is directly linked to Roe vs Wade in where Norma McCorvey(Jane Roe) dramatically altered the course of events in America without intending to. She was poor, unskilled, uneducated, and also a drug-abuser who only wanted an abortion. She took her case to court and won in 1973. What happens 18 years later? Crime begins to drop just as people born in the years following 1973 would have entered their criminal primes. These criminals were just never born.
Even Norma McCorvey realized the error of her ways.Even she years later had the decency to realize how evil abortion is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norma_McCorveyAt a signing of her first book in 1994, McCorvey was confronted by pro-life activist Flip Benham. Within a year, McCorvey converted to Christianity in 1995. On August 8, she was baptized by Benham in a Dallas backyard swimming pool that was filmed for national television. On August 10 of that year, she announced that she had become an advocate of the pro-life movement (specifically, "Operation Rescue"), fighting to make abortion illegal.In 1998, she released a statement that affirmed her entrance into the Roman Catholic Church, and she has been confirmed into the Church as a full member. [3]In 2005, she petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn the 1973 decision, arguing that the case should be heard again in light of evidence that the procedure may harm women, but this petition was denied.Despite her asking for an abortion during her case, McCorvey never had the procedure. She gave birth to a girl, who was given up for adoption. This was due to the fact that contested (and sometimes uncontested) court cases take longer than nine months for decisions to be handed down.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does correlation always equal causation? No, there are other factors that affect birth rate tremendously such as lack of money due from lack of jobs, and cannot finacially support another member in the family.
However, that's putting aside the detail that there is almost an exact correlation here which does indicate some certain degree of causation. The point here is there are so many abortions going on that the countries in which abortion has been legalized see a direct proportion to the average age. In many cases, these countries are actually losing populations for the first time in history. Some like to blame this on being developed, but even a child in grade school can see the correlation of the numbers here. For example, abortion in the US has removed at least 40 to nearly 50 million. Even being generous and saying that 10 million of these abortions were in circumstances where death would have occured, that's still 10% of our current population! The numbers are simply astounding, and when you couple that with some of the barbaric quotes from some of the leaders above, what kind of world do we live in?

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(jamesrage;9973)
Not all poor people are criminals.Circumstances such as education level and average income level affect the crime rate,not women too stupid to either keep their legs closed or use protection.
Yes, lack of maternal education is actually the leading cause in a child becoming a criminal. I never made the blanket statement that all poor people were criminals, however, I did note the parallel of poor people generally having poor eucation.(SwampFox;9975)
However, that's putting aside the detail that there is almost an exact correlation here which does indicate some certain degree of causation.The point here is there are so many abortions going on that the countries in which abortion has been legalized see a direct proportion to the average age. In many cases, these countries are actually losing populations for the first time in history. Some like to blame this on being developed, but even a child in grade school can see the correlation of the numbers here. For example, abortion in the US has removed at least 40 to nearly 50 million. Even being generous and saying that 10 million of these abortions were in circumstances where death would have occured, that's still 10% of our current population! The numbers are simply astounding, and when you couple that with some of the barbaric quotes from some of the leaders above, what kind of world do we live in?
Ok, looking over it again, I think it does show that the high-rate of abortion are lthe major factor in declinging populations. I still abortion because the evidence clearly demonstrates that the reason we are as safe as we are now living is primarily because of abortion. I think there should be some restrictions, for example, that prevents "well-off" people from coming into an abortion clinic like it's a shopping market. I think the mos important aspect to focuesed on is sex-ed. I had it this year, and they did their shock-treatment by showing us diseased gentialia, but I;d say my experence was less than informing. Btter luck next year.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Abortionist lie?Who would have thought that people who dehumanize a baby in the womb in order to justify killing it would ever lie?http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Pag...L20070511d.html(CNSNews.com) - Planned Parenthood is under fire after one of its employees was recorded encouraging a student - who was posing as a pregnant minor - to lie about her age in order to obtain an abortion without the abortion provider having to report the "statutory rape" to the police.Lila Rose, an 18-year-old sophomore at the University of California Los Angeles, visited a Planned Parenthood clinic in the city, posing as a 15-year-old impregnated by her 23-year-old boyfriend. The visit was part of an investigation for The Advocate, a new pro-life magazine distributed on the UCLA campus.California law requires abortion clinics to report instances of statutory rape to police. The age of consent in California is 16.In covertly-filmed video of the meeting between Rose and an unnamed Planned Parenthood employee, the staffer is heard to tell Rose: "If you're 15, we have to report it ... If you're not, if you're older than that, then we don't need to.""Okay, but if I just say I'm not 15, then it's different?" Rose asks."You could say 16," the worker replies, later adding, "Just figure out a birth date that works. And I don't know anything."Other parts of the video clip show the manager of another Planned Parenthood clinic encouraging Rose to seek an abortion.The woman relates that having herself given birth at the age of 17, 16 years ago, the decision had severely hindered her education and life goals. "If I would do it again, I would not continue the pregnancy," she is heard telling Rose.Rose told Cybercast News Service that she wants to hold abortion providers accountable for how they treat women in crisis pregnancies and to ensure "that abortion is not sold like a blender at Sears.""The public's eyes need to be opened to the fact that they're really not to be trusted as far as the way that they handle the situation with minor girls who are in trouble, or even the way they counsel in a pro-abortion way," Rose said.Kathy Kneer, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California - the state public policy office of Planned Parenthood - criticized Rose's tactics but told Cybercast News Service that staff has been notified of its policy to follow all reporting laws.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I saw the gambit come in the door, women who were in dire straights financially, emotionally. College girls who wanted to hide from their parents the shame they felt.. On in my min especially who's mom owned a Christian book store and when she became pregnant, she could not get past the embarrasment of HER MOM...She knew it was murder, she knew the consequenses, but her motivation was to save her mother the embarassment...I saw underaged girls who were caught in the consequenses... I saw one woman who walked in the door thnking she was eight months along, but she was full term and in labor...I sent her to the hospital and worked out many of the problems she was facing... I tell you I know that I impacted the lives of 100's of girls and saved 100's of babies by voluteering , offering solutions to problems... I didn't save every one... and I cannot forget them.. but I have the pictures of babies that never would have been born had I not volunteered ... there are organizations in every major city and town who NEED volunteers... they will train you and I promise you will get more satisfaction from it than you could from earning millions of dollars. I would pray before my sessions that God would bring whom He would and give me every word... I had some amazing cases... the only guy to ever who up came on my shift...I didn't alway have answers...as one woman said to me YOU AINT JESUS ...it was about a case of a 14 year old girl being forced to give up her child, again the daughter of a Methodist minister... race was part of the issue and she had been transported across state lines by her parents... I prayed and cried to God and had to finally give it to him... I found a home willing to help her...but had to leave it to her to get there, rather than be charged with kidnapping... and in the backwash it was the decision whether to expose the " home for girls" for their part in forcing this...Jim Baker had founded this beautiful facility... I woud have had to have the wisdom of Solomon to have know exactly what to do... I left it up to Father and He did whatever He did.. we know what happed to Mr. Baker.., but I do not know if this young child ever got to see and love and raise her child... but I will never forget it... and now even years later I can pray for them both...When you get involved in volunteering you get involved in the lives of people you have an effect on the rest of their lives...it is what Jesus would do....