Abortion kills a unique human being.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am happy for your son, his partner, and the rest of your family. Unfortunately, there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?
My solution is to stick to the facts. One it is a baby not a fetus. Pregnancies with fatal anomolies are the exception not the rule. The fetus may not survive on its own but babies can survive at 22 weeks on.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reductio ad absurdum. Not every pregnancy results in the birth of a baby capable of surviving outside of the womb. There are a number of different fetal anomalies that guarantee that the fetus will die very shortly after birth. Not having functioning lungs is one example. Should a newborn suffer an agonizing death because of a fatal defect?
99.9 of babies born are capable of surviving outside of the womb. Babies dying after birth are the exception not the rule. Should a baby be murdered because they are less than perfect?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wrote that there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?

That is your solution? A bucket of cold water?
My solution is not to play God.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The age of viability, the age at which a fetus can generally be resuscitated and survive is about 24 weeks. However, there are many conditions of a fetus that makes its survival impossible, regardless of its development, for example, lack of functioning lungs. That is why the decision to abort a pregnancy must be left to the parents and their physician.
Since when do we play God?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wrote that there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?

That is your solution? A bucket of cold water?
No, it is your solution.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You were not talking about solving crimes. 99.9% of the new born child is the same as the parents, except for identical twins they are 100% the same between them.
No but we are talking about a situation which shows the claim is incorrect. it is a valid way of emphasizing your point.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you unable to follow what I said or unable to post something meaningful? What is your solution to the situation where a fetus has a fatal anomaly that prevents it from surviving after birth? Do you think it should suffer and die an agonizing death? Yes or no?
Again, you lump every baby into one case as though they were all the same. Having studied and been involved in saving babies for 30 years I do know a little about the subject. My research clearly shows that parents have different reactions to a less than a perfect baby.

I know of a mother who had less than a perfect baby and she was recommended to abort her. No, definitely not. If she lives five minutes or five years, I will not destroy her life. The baby was born but did not live very long. The baby lived in the mother's arms and died in the mother's arms. She said it was the most wonderful experience of her life.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you need to study more about pregnancy in general. Not all pregnancies result in a live birth.
Not all pregnancies result in a dead birth. As for studying more isn't 30 years enough for you? Perhaps I am not qualified to speak until I have been studying the subject for 50 years?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world cries when a child is killed on a playground or a school or etc
But compare all child deaths by murder to child murder by abortion . AND IT AINT EVEN CLOSE .
Millions upon millions of babies killed in the womb . The percent of murders done to babes on the earth
cannot even compare to the death of those in the womb . YET WHERE are the tears for their death . Exactly . This
world is evil , we all know that . BUT SINCE when did the church decide to be as the world and support murder .
CHURCHES , enough with the support of murder .
More babies have died in the womb that all the soldiers killed in all wars in the 20th century.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree abortion does kill no doubt about that. But there are very few i mean very few reasons to abort the baby. I think if the mother would die also from having the fetus in the womb I would think God would understand.

In the old days both baby and mother would die if there was complications in the womb but today that doesn't have to be the case. I don't agree of people having abortion just because they don't want a baby or whatever.

Once Leprosy wasn't curable but today it is.
Reality. The majority of abortions today are for convenience.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My solution is to stick to the facts. One it is a baby not a fetus. Pregnancies with fatal anomolies are the exception not the rule. The fetus may not survive on its own but babies can survive at 22 weeks on.
An unborn "baby" is a fetus. Some can survive (with a lot of medical assistance) from 22 weeks on, some cannot. What is your point?