Above ""ALL""!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All his choice!!
" 10 He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity. 11 When good things increase, those who consume them increase. So what is the advantage to their owners except to look on? 12 The sleep of the working man is pleasant, whether he eats little or much. But the full stomach of the rich man does not allow him to sleep. 13 There is a grievous evil which I have seen under the sun: riches being hoarded by their owner to his hurt."

"18 Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one's labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward."

Reactions: Waiting on him

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
""above all things""==""above all things""==Easy to understand !""above all things""
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things""

If you get a real bible, you'll discover that Paul is talking to a person, who has a name.
If you have a junk bible, the name of the person is removed, and then the context of the verse is destroyed.
Paul is actually sending a Greeting to a PERSON......He's not writing this as a blessing to the Church.
So, it DOES MATTER what bible you are using, as the wrong one can leave you in the DARK.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get a real bible, you'll discover that Paul is talking to a person, who has a name.
If you have a junk bible, the name of the person is removed, and then the context of the verse is destroyed.
Paul is actually sending a Greeting to a PERSON......He's not writing this as a blessing to the Church.
So, it DOES MATTER what bible you are using, as the wrong one can leave you in the DARK.

Think!! Do you think God does not say and want ALL believers to ==3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things""

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! What could be more biblical than posting God's Word chapter and verse??

Are you serious? You must not even read much of my posts? My whole point is that you're just quoting Scriptures and not responding to reasonable questions about whether your biblical conclusions are truly biblical. Anybody can quote Scripture. It has to be applied properly. It has to apply to the point you're making. There is no real Faith Theology in Scriptures such as you're describing. You just cite anecdotal evidence of faith in action, which we *both* believe in!

For example, you would gladly cite Isa 53.5, and claim that healing is the the atonement, and something we can claim--never mind the fact you never see 100% success with Faith Doctrine. You don't even see close to 100% success with Faith Doctrine!

So the question is, Is this passage being quoted properly? And I would say no. The overall theology of the NT is that we still live in an age when the Kingdom of God has not come yet, and is only "near." Therefore, we can't claim things that belong only to the Kingdom to come.

And yet this is the error in Faith Doctrine. It tries to claim things that are relegated to the future age, and not yet to the present time. We only get portions of the age to come. We have Christ in us today, but that does not yet translate into resurrected bodies and perfect healing. Nor does it make us sinless and all-victorious over Satan, in terms of casting him out of this world.

I have said this numerous times. When will you answer--never?

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? You must not even read much of my posts? My whole point is that you're just quoting Scriptures and not responding to reasonable questions about whether your biblical conclusions are truly biblical. Anybody can quote Scripture. It has to be applied properly. It has to apply to the point you're making. There is no real Faith Theology in Scriptures such as you're describing. You just cite anecdotal evidence of faith in action, which we *both* believe in!

WOW!!! The entire Bible is a book about faith.