Above ""ALL""!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""above all things""==""above all things""==Easy to understand !""above all things""
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things""

Reactions: John Caldwell

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who can argue with the verse...
No argument ( yet) LOL

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""above all things""==""above all things""==Easy to understand !""above all things""
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things""

Hello, GISMYS. Hope you are well.

Listen, I hate to rain on your parade here, but this is a favorite verse of the Prosperity crowd, and unfortunately they interpret it in such a way as to turn actual New Testament teaching on its head. They put material wealth and health above spiritual concerns, but the verse carries a stipulation: "I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers." The problem with the Prosperity crowd is that the souls of many of those caught up in that movement are not actually prospering spiritually like they think they are. I'm familiar with the movement because I was caught up in it for a time several decades ago, and they are fed highly inaccurate interpretations of scripture they assume are true when they are not. The stress of New Testament teaching was on storing up treasures in Heaven, not in this earth (Matthew 6:20), and the general teaching was that blessed is the man who endures trials and hardships in this life, not the man who has it well (James 1:9-12). The reason was because he would receive far greater reward in the next. But for the rich, the scriptures often contained warnings about prospering at the expense of the poor (James 5:1-5). The same unfortunately applies to many of the preachers and teachers who are living in multi-million dollar mansions at the expense of the church.

Like I said, my intention is not to run you down here. But that verse always gets my attention as something many people lay stress on while ignoring the rest of the New Testament, to their detriment and the detriment of others.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, GISMYS. Hope you are well.

Listen, I hate to rain on your parade here, but this is a favorite verse of the Prosperity crowd, and unfortunately they interpret it in such a way as to turn actual New Testament teaching on its head. They put material wealth and health above spiritual concerns, but the verse carries a stipulation: "I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers." The problem with the Prosperity crowd is that the souls of many of those caught up in that movement are not actually prospering spiritually like they think they are. I'm familiar with the movement because I was caught up in it for a time several decades ago, and they are fed highly inaccurate interpretations of scripture they assume are true when they are not. The stress of New Testament teaching was on storing up treasures in Heaven, not in this earth (Matthew 6:20), and the general teaching was that blessed is the man who endures trials and hardships in this life, not the man who has it well (James 1:9-12). The reason was because he would receive far greater reward in the next. But for the rich, the scriptures often contained warnings about prospering at the expense of the poor (James 5:1-5). The same unfortunately applies to many of the preachers and teachers who are living in multi-million dollar mansions at the expense of the church.

Like I said, my intention is not to run you down here. But that verse always gets my attention as something many people lay stress on while ignoring the rest of the New Testament, to their detriment and the detriment of others.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Proof!!! or just slander??? Jesus says judge not lest you be judged!!! Now show us the proof you have against God's family!!
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things"

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proof!!! or just slander??? Jesus says judge not lest you be judged!!! Now show us the proof you have against God's family!!

What part do you think is slander? The fact that many Prosperity teachers live in multi-million dollar homes is well known, so I'm guessing you are not arguing that...

Let me show you something the Spirit is saying to the churches:

"The holy people of God have been led away by flatterers. Do not be deceived; God is not mocked. Understanding will come to you if you will open your ears and listen to Me. This is the Lord's message to the churches. Beware of false prophets who stand in My holy place and deceive with flatteries. O earth, My holy people have fallen asleep to the sound of false doctrine. Awake, Awake! I tell you that all unrighteousness is sin. Cleanse yourself from all sins of the flesh and the spirit...

"Listen, you ministers of My Holy Word. Do not teach My people to sin against their God. Remember that judgment begins at the house of God; unless you repent, I will remove you for the sins you have taught My people. Do you think that I am blind that I cannot see and deaf that I cannot hear? You who hold the truth in unrighteousness and line your pockets with silver and gold at the expense of the poor-repent, I say, before it is too late. On the day of judgment you will stand alone before Me to give an account of what you did with My Holy Word. If you call upon Me in repentance, I will remove the curse from your lands and bless you with a mighty blessing. If you will repent and be ashamed of your sins, I will have mercy and compassion on you, and I will not remember your sins anymore. Pray that you may be an overcomer.

"Awake to life and live. Repent to the people you have led astray and taught false doctrine. Tell them you have sinned and that you have scattered My sheep. Repent to them."

This applies to many in the Prosperity crowd, unfortunately, and many of them are going to come under judgment if they do not repent. You may think I am merely slandering them, but that's not my motivation. My motivation is to see them recover themselves through repentance.

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part do you think is slander? The fact that many Prosperity teachers live in multi-million dollar homes is well known, so I'm guessing you are not arguing that...

Let me show you something the Spirit is saying to the churches:

"The holy people of God have been led away by flatterers. Do not be deceived; God is not mocked. Understanding will come to you if you will open your ears and listen to Me. This is the Lord's message to the churches. Beware of false prophets who stand in My holy place and deceive with flatteries. O earth, My holy people have fallen asleep to the sound of false doctrine. Awake, Awake! I tell you that all unrighteousness is sin. Cleanse yourself from all sins of the flesh and the spirit...

"Listen, you ministers of My Holy Word. Do not teach My people to sin against their God. Remember that judgment begins at the house of God; unless you repent, I will remove you for the sins you have taught My people. Do you think that I am blind that I cannot see and deaf that I cannot hear? You who hold the truth in unrighteousness and line your pockets with silver and gold at the expense of the poor-repent, I say, before it is too late. On the day of judgment you will stand alone before Me to give an account of what you did with My Holy Word. If you call upon Me in repentance, I will remove the curse from your lands and bless you with a mighty blessing. If you will repent and be ashamed of your sins, I will have mercy and compassion on you, and I will not remember your sins anymore. Pray that you may be an overcomer.

"Awake to life and live. Repent to the people you have led astray and taught false doctrine. Tell them you have sinned and that you have scattered My sheep. Repent to them."

This applies to many in the Prosperity crowd, unfortunately, and many of them are going to come under judgment if they do not repent. You may think I am merely slandering them, but that's not my motivation. My motivation is to see them recover themselves through repentance.

Yes! Abramam,Job,David, Soloman, all lived in the blessing of prosperity of God. Do you think God did wrong??

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Abramam,Job,David, Soloman, all lived in the blessing of prosperity of God. Do you think God did wrong??

No. But you apparently think you are not doing wrong in calling the entire New Testament church "little men."
You can have "ALL" God wants you to have!!

I can't believe you don't see the error in publicly proclaiming something like that, GISMYS. :eek:

Reactions: Nancy and DNB

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greatest men to ever live are just little compared to Almighty God!!! Think!

I am thinking. Your response suggested you were comparing the New Testament saints to modern prosperity teachers, and that the NT saints were all little men by comparison.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am thinking. Your response suggested you were comparing the New Testament saints to modern prosperity teachers, and that the NT saints were all little men by comparison.

Again!! The greatest men to ever live are just very, very, very little compared to Almighty God!!! Think!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!! The greatest men to ever live are just little compared to Almighty God!!! Think!

I'm thinking you are throwing out New Testament teaching to justify errors, belittling them as merely the preadolescent dribblings of spiritually immature men, LoL.

You will likely deny this, but it is essence what you are saying. Believe what you wish, but I think you will find out otherwise.

God bless,
Hidden

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking you are throwing out New Testament teaching to justify errors, belittling them as merely the preadolescent dribblings of spiritually immature men, LoL.

You will likely deny this, but it is essence what you are saying. Believe what you wish, but I think you will find out otherwise.

God bless,
Hidden

Who finds this post hard to understand????==Again!! The greatest men to ever live are just very, very, very little compared to Almighty God!!! Think!
To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who finds this post hard to understand????==Again!! The greatest men to ever live are just very, very, very little compared to Almighty God!!! Think!
To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

GISMYS, understand. Nothing is going to touch me in this life until I fulfill my calling. There isn't an army on this planet that can lay a finger on me, not a disease known to man that will ever touch me, and no lack in my life that will keep me from fulfilling what He has called me to do. What makes you think I'm not aware of what Jesse teaches?

And please answer me with a little more effort than simply posting the words "Think!" all the time.

It's irritating, LoL.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GISMYS, understand. Nothing is going to touch me in this life until I fulfill my calling. There isn't an army on this planet that can lay a finger on me, not a disease known to man that will ever touch me, and no lack in my life that will keep me from fulfilling what He has called me to do. What makes you think I'm not aware of what Jesse teaches?

And please answer me with a little more effort than simply posting the words "Think!" all the time.

It's irritating, LoL.

So are you watching???? To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that allow satan to use them as his tool and fear,slander,mock and scoff at God's men waste my time!!!!

That's not much of a defense, GISMYS. It's more of a retreat. I don't mock Jesse, nor was my intent to offend, as I stated very clearly from the outset. But I don't suppose you will be interested in discussing things in the future, so this might be it.

But I wish you well.
As always, in Christ,
Hidden

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not much of a defense, GISMYS. It's more of a retreat. I don't mock Jesse, nor was my intent to offend, as I stated very clearly from the outset. But I don't suppose you will be interested in discussing things in the future, so this might be it.

But I wish you well.
As always, in Christ,
Hidden

Good!!! Then you must believe this inspired eternal Words of God!! 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish ""above all things"" that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. ""above all things"