Academic Discrimination ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So this topic concerns the persecution of creationists in the academic community? Careful when you don't give directions, the driver may take a detour :p

Some people look at science as a sort of one stop shop for the truth concerning all things. When science doesn't have an answer the naturalists have faith that there must be a natural answer. However in doing so they have exceeded the purview of science; Which is to postulate and experiment, while depending on observations every step of the way. The atheists who persecute creationists are zealots of their naturalist religion. The fact that they deny atheism is a religion proves their ignorance of the spirit behind it.

The truth must exist concerning any matter, and it must not conflict with another known truth or one of the two is wrong. For me it doesn't matter if this a biblical truth or one derived scientifically, all truth must co-exist in a logical way.

This causes difficulties when you must reconcile a given truth such as Gen1. I had played with the concept of incorrect translation of 'day' from Hebrew. But when I got the nerve to share this the Holy spirit corrected me. Therefore I must accept the creation as it is written in the common tongue. I still haven't worked out a complete understanding that meets my satisfaction. Perhaps it would matter more to me if I was an archaeologist or geologist, but I'm not.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
So this topic concerns the persecution of creationists in the academic community? Careful when you don't give directions, the driver may take a detour :p

Some people look at science as a sort of one stop shop for the truth concerning all things. When science doesn't have an answer the naturalists have faith that there must be a natural answer. However in doing so they have exceeded the purview of science; Which is to postulate and experiment, while depending on observations every step of the way. The atheists who persecute creationists are zealots of their naturalist religion. The fact that they deny atheism is a religion proves their ignorance of the spirit behind it.

The truth must exist concerning any matter, and it must not conflict with another known truth or one of the two is wrong. For me it doesn't matter if this a biblical truth or one derived scientifically, all truth must co-exist in a logical way.

This causes difficulties when you must reconcile a given truth such as Gen1. I had played with the concept of incorrect translation of 'day' from Hebrew. But when I got the nerve to share this the Holy spirit corrected me. Therefore I must accept the creation as it is written in the common tongue. I still haven't worked out a complete understanding that meets my satisfaction. Perhaps it would matter more to me if I was an archaeologist or geologist, but I'm not.

but if you were a geologist you might accept the geological column which is non existant except in imagination and textbooks - winc

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
but if you were a geologist you might accept the geological column which is non existant except in imagination and textbooks - winc

I would likely study what I viewed as incorrect theories and devote much time to debunking it. If I found something I would publish papers attacking these theories in the hope that it would shake the faith of the naturalists. Much the same way that Samson brought down the philistine temple by knocking down its pillars.