Activists protesting Off Shore Wind Farms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whales washing up on the beach. You can bet their sonars are disrupted by the mechanical hum of the towers ....I sold transformers to wind farms across the US and Canada. I was turning a company around from suffering massive loses. When we had issues on site ....I was the first one down the hall headed to airport. The joke in the Company was "The President came looking for you. We told him, the last we saw of you, you had a hard hat in one hand, steel toed boots in the other, headed to Oklahoma to a wind farm." The issue is that studies are needed without government interference to study the impact on all wildlife. Windfarms are located in the migratory bird paths . We got a good idea of how skewed the bird counts were on site. In a Oregon Wind Farm, two coeds collected birds each morning. The pickup truck would be filled with birds and bats. Eagles, Hawks and Owls primary concern .....On the Federal report board in the contractor's trailer ......the count was far from what was in the pickup truck each morning. Moral of the issue? Do not let the contractor's count. Contract a private firm to count kills in the debris field. Get a real impact of what is happening around bird choppers.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osage Indians just won a lawsuit. Wind Farm has been told to take down 84 towers and dispose of them. Wind Farm lost over illegal mining. They were crunching and minding stone for the concrete pads. The Indian Tribe owned the mineral rights. Another lawsuit is staged to remove 140 wind towers off shore.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osage Indians just won a lawsuit. Wind Farm has been told to take down 84 towers and dispose of them. Wind Farm lost over illegal mining. They were crunching and minding stone for the concrete pads. The Indian Tribe owned the mineral rights. Another lawsuit is staged to remove 140 wind towers off shore.
So we have eco nuts suing to stop wind farms and also solar farms cuz they are killing birds.

Looks like oil, coal and gas are still vital for the world.

Reactions: Scott Downey

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the result you get when the inept, makes a uninformed feeble attempt to change the world. No one is in charge. No one with experience to run the show. All politicians and zero knowledge. Buttigeg is an idiot. Granola Bar a bigger idiot.

I had changed careers. Now in sales completely. The following week, we were hit by tornado on Saturday morning. We were allowed in on Sunday morning.I was given an assignment. Check out Building one and if it can be saved.two hours later I knew exactly what had to be done on building one. I was requested to be in front of Building Two. The entire Board and every manager was there. “ Ray is no longer in sales. He has a new building to take care of. Ray answers to the Board, no one else.”
Building was occupied in two weeks. One year later, the most modern electronics manufacturing facility, fished ahead of schedule and 200,000 below budget was completed. I had just finished three years at Walt Disney World building a hotel.

I had a wealth of experience in construction.every supposed leader had zero experience and zero knowledge to convert an entire industry, wasting billions of dollars with no overall plan to convert. Now it is all falling apart. I read yesterday that investors planning to make trillions are running from the disaster. Do not leave the future to the fools in Congress or the Government. ev’s will fail. The Toyota water engine will prevail. Elon Musk is now a believer.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed news indeed. People imagine wind turbines turn by wind power. They don't. California found how worthless wind farce,oops,wind farms are , a few years ago.

I guess we're suppose to forget that.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eco activists won't tolerate energy production or even usage of any kind and prefer the natural raw world over human society. Society-civilization would completely collapse, and most people die off if we did all as they desire.

They have said they don't like wind, nuclear, hydrocarbons, solar, hydro power waterfalls. Solar involves mining vast amounts of earth for trace minerals to make solar panels, which then cover the land blocking sunlight. Wind turbine blades kills birds, whales, bats and bugs. Nuclear pollutes will long lasting radioactivity, hydrocarbons the air we breathe and global warming. Dams restrict fish migrations, silt up rivers., alter huge areas of the river ecosystem.

Nothing will make them happy about production of energy. They prefer you were dead. That is also the globalist world view, depopulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whales washing up on the beach. You can bet their sonars are disrupted by the mechanical hum of the towers .... .... Windfarms are located in the migratory bird paths .
Interesting topic, thanks.

I had heard of problems with these wind farms.
Property owners abandoning their properties to live elsewhere. Running for their lives to get away. Them and their livestock.
What a mess.

And now problems off-shore as well? And the migratory paths should have been a concern.
Although, you would think birds would just navigate around the towers. ???
Why is this happening?

/

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have eco nuts suing to stop wind farms and also solar farms cuz they are killing birds.

The same eco nuts who wanted them in the first place. Their "solutions" always cause new problems. I remember in the 80s it was all about saving the trees, so grocery stores switched from paper to plastic. Well, plastics don't decompose, so now plastics are bad.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The same eco nuts who wanted them in the first place. Their "solutions" always cause new problems. I remember in the 80s it was all about saving the trees, so grocery stores switched from paper to plastic. Well, plastics don't decompose, so now plastics are bad.
To them, paper and plastics are bad.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Looks like oil, coal and gas are still vital for the world.
Oh in case anyone forgets as well, hydro power has been sued against in numerous jurisdictions because they stop fish from spawning or trap fish up stream!

Maybe the eco nuts want us to revert back to the days when we had no fire because trees and bushes give up far more green house gases than Americas smokestacks.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To them, paper and plastics are bad.
Well we can go to burlap bags until somebody finds a reason to say they are bad as well.

Eco nuts remind me of the little Dutch boy puttin ghis fingers in the holes of a dike to stop it from collapsing. The nuts seemed to have run out of fingers!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eco activists won't tolerate energy production or even usage of any kind and prefer the natural raw world over human society. Society-civilization would completely collapse, and most people die off if we did all as they desire.

They have said they don't like wind, nuclear, hydrocarbons, solar, hydro power waterfalls. Solar involves mining vast amounts of earth for trace minerals to make solar panels, which then cover the land blocking sunlight. Wind turbine blades kills birds, whales, bats and bugs. Nuclear pollutes will long lasting radioactivity, hydrocarbons the air we breathe and global warming. Dams restrict fish migrations, silt up rivers., alter huge areas of the river ecosystem.

Nothing will make them happy about production of energy. They prefer you were dead. That is also the globalist world view, depopulation.
Much of what you observed is accurate to a point.

The last paragraph was nonsense.

Heavy water derived from waters cooling the core of nuclear power plants cannot be recycled nor disposed of save for burying it in EPA grade drums. And then hoping the world won't notice when in future centuries even those degrade.

All forms of so called green alternative energies are toxic and polluting to the environment.

They're a different poison than the traditional forms of energy that are being condemned now in advancement efforts of the green.

However,the new energy is far more expensive to produce and consume. And that is what makes globalists richer.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the base, or inside every wind tower, is a loop feed distribution transformer. That is a transformer that operates forward or reverse. Wind Towers require energy to turn the motors, to turn the turbine into the wind and tilt the blades to catch the wind. It takes a lot of energy to spin tons of material.

I sold transformers to wind farms. Have been 300 feet off he ground and inside the turbines.these are not KMart pen wheels catching the wind.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Activists protesting Off Shore Wind Farms​

from what I can tell of the average persons diet, there are plenty of ON shore wind farms!

• Haha

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic, thanks.

I had heard of problems with these wind farms.
Property owners abandoning their properties to live elsewhere. Running for their lives to get away. Them and their livestock.
What a mess.

And now problems off-shore as well? And the migratory paths should have been a concern.
Although, you would think birds would just navigate around the towers. ???
Why is this happening?

/
They need wind that the birds fly in to migrate. The wind flows are a major reason everyone doesn’t have turbine in their backyard.

The birds don’t know what those big blades are for. Never encountered them previously. We were having cooling fin problems that I saw first hand on Leaning Juniper 2 on the Oregon Gorge. We were on a cattle ranch and the black Angus really liked our transformers. Made great back scratchers. Cooloing fins break at the weld points. The only solution was to install a six foot tall chain link fence around the transformer.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They need wind that the birds fly in to migrate. The wind flows are a major reason everyone doesn’t have turbine in their backyard.

The birds don’t know what those big blades are for. Never encountered them previously. We were having cooling fin problems that I saw first hand on Leaning Juniper 2 on the Oregon Gorge. We were on a cattle ranch and the black Angus really liked our transformers. Made great back scratchers. Cooloing fins break at the weld points. The only solution was to install a six foot tall chain link fence around the transformer.
I had heard that there is some sand in the inside of those big blades. Is that true?
That the weighting and unweighting of the blades helps to keep them moving.

/

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are solid pour blades. The only thing inside is when they put heating elements to prevent icing ...

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are solid pore blades. The only thing inside is when they put heating elements to prevent icing ...
They must be very heavy. I have seen individual blade carried on railroad trains. Each one spans two flat cars.

/