Activists protesting Off Shore Wind Farms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They assemble the entire propeller on the ground, then attach it to turbine and lift the assembly to the top of the pole. I call it a tree….or they lift the turbine then lift the assembled propeller in place. Preference by the contractor.

There is a small weather station on the turbine. Wind speed and direction desired. When the station feels everything is right, the computer tells the turn, pitch the blades, the motors start to spin the propeller. At speed, the motors stop and see if the wind remains consistent enough to produce electricity.

I was with one of the crane operators one day. Too windy to lift the turbine and propeller 200 feet up to assemble.

“I want to grow and become a crane operater. Sit all day doing nothing and get paid the same working or not.” Operator was taking on line college courses. For what major? Business……hopefully to buy a crane and make millions sitting in that cab all day. But it gets cold. Buy one with a heater and AC. Excuses are over. You’ll make more than me. They were fun guys to work around.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We developed a special transformer with cradle attached. Went up to Michigan to see the transformer taken up and into the belly of the turbine. The engineers asked if we wanted to ride with the transformer. "Sure, I'll go" Stephen not so sure. Finally "OK I'll go too." We got on board, harnessed up then I told Stephen. "Are you sure about this? I've walked steel 100 feet from the floor ....." "No, I'll go" "Just listen to me and do what I tell you to do." About 100 feet up, I could see it in his eyes ......."Stephen, quit looking down, look at me, focus on me and how silly I can be in meetings ......"Stephen lost it......."Close your eyes and think about home. Hold on tight .....not far. We slid into place and the lower doors were closed.
Take off your harness and have a seat. They opened the hatch on top. I crawled out and walked around not feeling a thing ....."Great view!" Stephen stayed inside ....When were done they opened the floor hatch for us to climb down the 200 foot ladder .......You've got a harness again ...."don't look down I'll tell you when we get to the bottom."

Going back to the hotel "That was great! Let's do it again!" "Now you get courage" Once your mind tells you there was no danger ......you become invincible ....

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great story, thanks.

/

We are sitting in the VP of Sales Office. Two Regional Sales Managers. I have the north central, northwest, Canada and Alaska. Jim has the southwest, west coast and Hawaii.
"Well, sometimes when God orders a lightning strike, he uses rookie angels and their aim is not precise .......Just getting out of the line of fire ....." LOL

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are sitting in the VP of Sales Office. Two Regional Sales Managers. I have the north central, northwest, Canada and Alaska. Jim has the southwest, west coast and Hawaii.
"Well, sometimes when God orders a lightning strike, he uses rookie angels and their aim is not precise .......Just getting out of the line of fire ....." LOL
Don't forget your wool socks. - LOL

/

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of Biden's pet offshore wind farms was supposed to be fully operational by end of December 2023. January 1, 2024 .....One tower spinning. 83 towers with no turbines on top. No production. The excuses? Inflation, changed regulations .......Government needs to tell the wind farm contractors .......You gave a price to install this .......build and install.

o