ACTS 5 EXALTED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Hello @101G,

Yes, I agree that titles are not persons. There is only one God, but He has manifested Himself to mankind in three different ways. I still have not found the verses I wanted to find: but I will look at Revelation 1:1, and 22:6 as you suggest.

'The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto Him,
to shew unto His servants
things which must shortly come to pass;
and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:... '

'And he (the angel) said unto me, (John)
These sayings are faithful and true:
and the Lord God of the holy prophets
sent His angel
the things which must shortly be done.'
* Your question was, (quote) 'Was it the Father or the Son who sent his angel to "HIS" servant John?'
* Bare with me, please: - My understanding of this is that God gave unto the risen Christ this revelation concerning the events surrounding His unveiling or 'revelation' which is to come to pass: to show unto His (God's) servants (a term which is always used of the children of Israel); and He (the risen Christ) sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John; who is told to write down what they are, or 'signify'' (V.19).

In Christ Jesus
Chris
God is not three modes, but three persons each called God, the one and only.

1.) The eternal Father-Son relationship (John 17:5, 1:1)
2.) More than one divine person in the same context (John 1:18, 1 Cor. 8:6, Heb. 1:8)
3.) The Son, as the Son, being the Creator of all things (Heb 1:2, 10-12, 1 Cor. 8:6, Col. 1:15-17)
4.) The Son divine and active before His incarnation (Php. 2:5-8)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is not three modes, but three persons each called God, the one and only.

1.) The eternal Father-Son relationship (John 17:5, 1:1)
2.) More than one divine person in the same context (John 1:18, 1 Cor. 8:6, Heb. 1:8)
3.) The Son, as the Son, being the Creator of all things (Heb 1:2, 10-12, 1 Cor. 8:6, Col. 1:15-17)
4.) The Son divine and active before His incarnation (Php. 2:5-8)
Hello @Dave L.

'And now, O Father,
glorify Thou me with Thine own self
with the glory which I had with thee
before the world was.'

(John 17:5)

'In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.'

(John 1:1)

'No man hath seen God at any time;
the only begotten Son,
which is in the bosom of the Father,
He hath declared Him.'

(John 1:18)

But to us there is but one God,
the Father, of Whom are all things, and we in Him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom are all things, and we by Him.'

(1 Cor. 8:6)

'But unto the Son He saith,

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.'

(Heb 1:8)

'... Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son,
whom He hath appointed heir of all things,
by whom also He made the worlds; ... ... '

(Heb 1:2)

'And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;
and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
They shall perish; but thou remainest;
and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up,
and they shall be changed:
but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.'

(Heb 1:10)

'Who is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn of every creature:
For by Him were all things created,
that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,
whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by Him, and for Him:
And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.'

(Col 1:15-17)

'Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made Himself of no reputation,
and took upon Him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man,
He humbled Himself,
and became obedient unto death,
even the death of the cross.'

(Philippians 2:5-8)

Praise His Holy Name!

* Wonderful verses, thank you for sharing them, Dave.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @101G,

Yes, I agree that titles are not persons. There is only one God, but He has manifested Himself to mankind in three different ways. I still have not found the verses I wanted to find: but I will look at Revelation 1:1, and 22:6 as you suggest.

'The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto Him,
things which must shortly come to pass;
and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:... '

'And he (the angel) said unto me, (John)
These sayings are faithful and true:
and the Lord God of the holy prophets
sent His angel
the things which must shortly be done.'
* Your question was, (quote) 'Was it the Father or the Son who sent his angel to "HIS" servant John?'
* My understanding of this is that God gave unto the risen Christ this revelation concerning the events surrounding His unveiling or 'revelation' which is to come to pass: to show unto His (God's) servants (a term which is always used of the children of Israel); and He (the risen Christ) sent and signified it, by His angel, unto His servant John; who is told to write down what they (the events) are, or 'signify'' (V.19), which he would see concerning 'the Lord's day' (or the day of the Lord) in vision form, 'in spirit' (1:10).

In Christ Jesus
Chris

* By the way I have altered the wording of reply#10, to which you were responding.

Hi Charity, I'm glad you said this, "and He (the risen Christ) sent and signified it, by His angel".

because the angel in Revelation 22:6 said that the one who sent him is the Lord God of the Holy Prothert. which makes JESUS the God of the Old Testament, whom many calls the Father. because Revelation 22:16 proves the point that Christ Jesus is the one who sent "his" angel to John.

thanks Charity, for many, and I mean many including bible scholars miss this.

I'll look at your #10.

Good work, I commen you.

Reactions: charity

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God in Christ and through the power of His Spirit raised Christ from the dead. To argue about this is futile. I find it hard to express this, for it is so very 'other.' Forgive me if my feeble attempt to do so does not comply with your own understanding of it.

no problems, the bible gives us direct information on this. follow me, the term God is an Appellation of the Spirit. follow me, scripture, John 4:24a God is a Spirit. STOP... see the TERM God is nothing but an Appellation for the Spirit.

now knowing this let's go to Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
note no one can be "equal" with God, supportive scriptures,
#1. Isa 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
this right here eliminates any personhood of any Godhead with separate persons. God is not separate in Persons or Nature, meaning Spirit.

#2. Isa 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
This verse right here again reprove any notion of any co-eqyal persons. read both scriptures again. there is no co-equal in God. this is the bible, and it don't lie.

now, follow me and we will see how God is Father and Son at the SAME time withou any modes.

scripture, once again,
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
this word "Form" here is the Greek word
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

definition #2, gives us the Lord JESUS Nature. but the million dollar question is "what kind of Nature".

looking at the definition above, notice it says, it's root word is G3313, this definiton will give us the "KIND" of nature that the Lord Jesus have with God.

G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
2. a part.

knowing that God is not a "piece" or a "Part" of God for if so Phil 2:6 would read like this, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal (TO) and not equal "WITH" God". because no one is EQUAL "TO" God, but JESUS is equal "WITH" God.

and G3313 μέρος meros tells us how he is EQUAL "with" God, the Spirit. look at definition #1. 1. a portion is a "SHARE" not a part, nor a piece, as like with H259 Echad, meaning a whole of parts.

see, if God is a separate person then he's a "Part" or "piece" of himself, as the scriptures states equal is NOT a "Part" or "piece" of himself, see, a part or a piece is not equal to the whole, so the theory of co-equal is false, that modalism in reverse.

but we get our answer from the Greeks as to how JESUS is equal "WITH" at the same time being God. the answer is laid out in the Greek word, G243 Allos, in our English Language it means Another. listen to the definition.
G243 allos, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort"
my source is the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.

two things to note: 1. a numerical difference and 2. the same sort.

First, a numerical difference. meaning, more than one. another word for a numerical difference is diversity of another. hold that word "Diversity"

the definition of Allos also state that's this numerical difference is the SAME "Sort". so what do sort means. according to Dictionary dot com, Sort: 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature.

see the Lord Jesus by "nature is in the "SAME" class, same group, same kind... with the same character, and quality. to sum it all us he's the "EQUAL" SHARE of God in Flesh.

follow me so far? now, remember I told you to keep the word "Diversity" in mind. for it is the nature of God in flesh better known as the OFFSPRING, supportive scripture,
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

see that word "Offspring" there, it's the Greek word,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096
see how the KJV can translate the word offspring... yes "diversity" that's where I get the doctrine I believe in, right from the bible.

see, the Lord Jesus is the "ANOTHER" of himself in flesh. without flesh in the OT he's the Father, just as the Angel said in Rev 22:5.

now what about the Holy Spirit, no problem, scripture,
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you
another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;(LOOK UP ANOTHER HERE IT"S G243 ALLOS, bingo)

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

see, JESUS is the Spirit, God, the Holy Spirit. Father without flesh, son in flesh.

now a bouns,, why is he called "Son" in flesh? answer, G5207, huios, Son is metaphorically spoken of prominent moral character or characteristics. that's why we're the son's of God, because we act like him, or at least suppose to.

you might want to copy this to your word processor for study, if any question, just ask.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no problems, the bible gives us direct information on this. follow me, the term God is an Appellation of the Spirit. follow me, scripture, John 4:24a God is a Spirit. STOP... see the TERM God is nothing but an Appellation for the Spirit.

now knowing this let's go to Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
note no one can be "equal" with God, supportive scriptures,
#1. Isa 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
this right here eliminates any personhood of any Godhead with separate persons. God is not separate in Persons or Nature, meaning Spirit.

#2. Isa 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
This verse right here again reprove any notion of any co-eqyal persons. read both scriptures again. there is no co-equal in God. this is the bible, and it don't lie.

now, follow me and we will see how God is Father and Son at the SAME time withou any modes.

scripture, once again,
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
this word "Form" here is the Greek word
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

definition #2, gives us the Lord JESUS Nature. but the million dollar question is "what kind of Nature".

looking at the definition above, notice it says, it's root word is G3313, this definiton will give us the "KIND" of nature that the Lord Jesus have with God.

G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
2. a part.

knowing that God is not a "piece" or a "Part" of God for if so Phil 2:6 would read like this, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal (TO) and not equal "WITH" God". because no one is EQUAL "TO" God, but JESUS is equal "WITH" God.

and G3313 μέρος meros tells us how he is EQUAL "with" God, the Spirit. look at definition #1. 1. a portion is a "SHARE" not a part, nor a piece, as like with H259 Echad, meaning a whole of parts.

see, if God is a separate person then he's a "Part" or "piece" of himself, as the scriptures states equal is NOT a "Part" or "piece" of himself, see, a part or a piece is not equal to the whole, so the theory of co-equal is false, that modalism in reverse.

but we get our answer from the Greeks as to how JESUS is equal "WITH" at the same time being God. the answer is laid out in the Greek word, G243 Allos, in our English Language it means Another. listen to the definition.
G243 allos, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort"
my source is the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.

two things to note: 1. a numerical difference and 2. the same sort.

First, a numerical difference. meaning, more than one. another word for a numerical difference is diversity of another. hold that word "Diversity"

the definition of Allos also state that's this numerical difference is the SAME "Sort". so what do sort means. according to Dictionary dot com, Sort: 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature.

see the Lord Jesus by "nature is in the "SAME" class, same group, same kind... with the same character, and quality. to sum it all us he's the "EQUAL" SHARE of God in Flesh.

follow me so far? now, remember I told you to keep the word "Diversity" in mind. for it is the nature of God in flesh better known as the OFFSPRING, supportive scripture,
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

see that word "Offspring" there, it's the Greek word,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096
see how the KJV can translate the word offspring... yes "diversity" that's where I get the doctrine I believe in, right from the bible.

see, the Lord Jesus is the "ANOTHER" of himself in flesh. without flesh in the OT he's the Father, just as the Angel said in Rev 22:5.

now what about the Holy Spirit, no problem, scripture,
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you
another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;(LOOK UP ANOTHER HERE IT"S G243 ALLOS, bingo)

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

see, JESUS is the Spirit, God, the Holy Spirit. Father without flesh, son in flesh.

now a bouns,, why is he called "Son" in flesh? answer, G5207, huios, Son is metaphorically spoken of prominent moral character or characteristics. that's why we're the son's of God, because we act like him, or at least suppose to.

you might want to copy this to your word processor for study, if any question, just ask.
Hello @101G

I can only say with Thomas - 'My Lord and My God'

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @101G

I can only say with Thomas - 'My Lord and My God'

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Amen Thomas Got it right, "Lord" with flesh and bones, and "God" without flesh and bone.