ADDING WORKS:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good! And therefore what you said in post #52 does not negate anything that I have said in my replies.

You have made many replies to the OP that started this thread. You use the writing of James and hang it around the necks of the Children of God. You completely ignore that James was writing to the JEWS ONLY (James 1:1). The religious use it so that you can glory in their works.

No child of God needs the approval of men. As a mater of fact men, especially the religious, hate the children of God. I am on this forum proclaiming the work of God (Jesus) on the cross and have been accused of wanting to sin, being a heretic, unlearned, void of faith, simple because I do not teach works of man for salvation. The religious only want to talk about what they do to please God. I had much rather talk about what God (Jesus) did for mankind.

Matt 10:22
22 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
NKJV

Matt 24:9-13
9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
NKJV

Luke 21:16-17
16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death.
17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake.
NKJV

Think of Saul's persecution of those Jews who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King.

And today the true children of God are persecuted by the religious just as the pharisees persecuted Jesus..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely ignore that James was writing to the JEWS ONLY (James 1:1).

No, I don't ignore it. I simply consider that the book of James is still scripture, inspired by God, profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

I consider that if James 1:1 excludes Gentiles from being recipients of what is written therein (the epistle of James), then Philippians 1:1 excludes everyone living today from being recipients of what is written within its pages (the epistle of Paul to the Philippians). Because it says that Philippians is written "to the saints at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons."

Thus it is not written to us.

Thus another entire book of the Bible can be effectively removed from the canon of holy scripture.

It's a darn shame; because Philippians 1:6 was a good verse that used to minister to me when I was feeling down. But I guess that it was not written to me, so I cannot avail of it as a promise any longer (I am being facetious).
I certainly do not hate you, my brother. In fact, I agree with much of what you write on these boards.

I just don't think that you have to exclude an entire book of the Bible (James) in order to believe what you believe. What you believe is faithful; and if James was faithful, he is not going to write anything that contradicts the faithful truths that you have presented here in times past. And I believe that James was indeed faithful. I think that you simply misunderstand his epistle as being contradictory to Paul's writings. In all reality, there is continuity and compatibility between James and Paul.

Last edited: