Adventism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good article. I especially appreciated the observation that like literally ALL cults, the Christadelphians teach the same two lies: 1) That Jesus, as a created being, was not divine (and also not pre-existent) and, as such, needed salvation from sin. 2) That adherents must work for their salvation.

The article cites all the Scripture references that puts the lie to the Christadelphians doctrine (and that of all other cults which teach the denial of Jesus' divinity and the promotion of works-based salvation).

That's why I think it is a bit of an overreach to say that the RCC teaches works-based salvation and is a cult-- (although there may be elements within the Vatican which are a cult--maybe even a Satanic cult, if some of the accusations are true). Standard RC doctrine names Jesus as the divine Son of God and their standard doctrine also teaches that no amount of good works can save you--that you could give all of your money to the poor, live an exemplary life, and still go to hell, if you have un-repented sin. I have a bit of a problem with the last part because somehow it always ends up with the priest having to say magic words over you so you don't go to hell. But, I probably have more in common with an RC who adheres to standard RC doctrine than liberal "Christians" or those in "Christian" cults.

But their standard doctrine is what defines Roman Catholicism.

So that doctrine is cult, it's followers are cult.

Degrees of cultism is still cultism.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Degrees of cultism is still cultism.

Maybe a more definitive thread should be posted on the characteristics of cults and how various groups meet the definition of a cult? Some unbelievers think that ALL Christians are in a cult. That was the way that Stalin and his goons represented Christians in the atheistic Soviet Union.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue, a Christian cult is an organization that "deviates from the foundational principles of Christianity".

Jesus kept the Sabbath, taught obedience to the Ten Commandments, commandmetns Christians to pray that their flight from Prince Titus would not be on the Sabbath, said the Sabbath was made for mankind (not just Jews), said to us through Hebrews 4:9 KJV that Christians are yet obligated to keep the Sabbath "rest" (Gk: "Sabbatismos"), and said He had not come to destroy the law or the prophets, but to fulfill them - both those written by Moses which were "against us" and would be nailed to the Cross (Deuteronomy 31:26 KJV, Colossians 2:14 KJV)...and those which were not "against us" but contain those that are "commandment with promise" which God wrote with His own finger in stone which will "stand fast forever and ever" (Psalm 111:7-8 KJV, Galatians 6:2 KJV), among which includes the seventh day Sabbath which we'll keep throughout eternity (Isaiah 66:23 KJV).

See what I did there? I provided irrefutable Scriptural evidence for truth, while you sit back hurling stones of impotent stones of accusation. Those who refuse to acknowledge Jesus as fully man and fully God and refuse to follow His example and teaching are the cultists, you being a prime example. Come out of Babylon, CI and be a part of they who "keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ...and have the faith of Jesus." (Revelation 12:17 KJV, Revelation 14:12).

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue, sensationalizing the Scriptures in order to make oneself appear intellectually profound or superior to others is a molestation of them worthy of the same condemnation as when they are purposefully twisted to lead men into spiritual destruction.

Rock stars desire groupies for themselves. Christians desire the return of God's estranged children to Him.