Advice Requested: Who Really Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
That the whole point.
Being called something doesn't make it so.
I can call you a maniac, but does that make it so?
Gabriel did not say "He shall BE the Son of God".
Just because they called me John at birth, am I really John?
No, I'm a male human being who could be called anything under the sun.
Back to the ole' drawing board, and try again.

Are you another one of the nuts that do not believe Jesus Christ IS GOD? If so you should not be posting on the part of the forum.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Are you another one of the nuts that do not believe Jesus Christ IS GOD? If so you should not be posting on the part of the forum.
Try to control yourself. Of course I believe Jesus Christ is God.
I have an article containing 80+ verses which reveal that
Jesus is God, Jesus is equal to Father God, Jesus is the Creator, etc.
Did you know He is the Sustainer also?
Now, if you're at peace ... how about answering the questions?
Or, on second thought, maybe I'll get someone else.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Try to control yourself. Of course I believe Jesus Christ is God.
I have an article containing 80+ verses which reveal that
Jesus is God, Jesus is equal to Father God, Jesus is the Creator, etc.
Did you know He is the Sustainer also?
Now, if you're at peace ... how about answering the questions?
Or, on second thought, maybe I'll get someone else.

I do not know how you can say Christ wasn't the Son of God. As a human, He was the Son of God. He was also the son of Mary. He has many ntitles, Sustainer is one of them. When someone is given a name or title that is who they are.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

Selene and now, Thomasino ...

I think you're getting a little confused.
Don't you realize that "Son of God" is only a name or title?

We have to assure Muslims that NO ONE is saying that ...
GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring.

Hence, no Son or Daughter.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
No assurance is necessary.
If they are interested in fact, they will learn that themselves.
If they - as in most cases - have determined that their faith is the only way - then nothing other than prayer will save them.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Selene and now, Thomasino ...

I think you're getting a little confused.
Don't you realize that "Son of God" is only a name or title?

We have to assure Muslims that NO ONE is saying that ...
GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring.

Hence, no Son or Daughter.

NO! We need to tell them the TRUTH! Not Your LIE! Jesus Christ is the son of Mary, a human, and the Son of GOD! We are not to water down the Gospel for any one even if you think we should. Salvation is NOT based on a lie.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
No assurance is necessary. If they are interested in fact, they will learn that themselves.
If they - as in most cases - have determined that their faith is the only way - then nothing other than prayer will save them.
Yes, I agree, but as with all evangelism, people need to hear the true gospel.

In 2000, Jesus revealed to me another reason for Him sending me to Bulgaria as an evangelist. It was not just to present the gospel to the elect, who supposedly must hear it before the Holy Spirit can persuade them to accept it. We left fabulous gospel tracts with them, and they can read them over and over, and pass them on to others to read.
Also, He wanted the non-believers to be presented with the true gospel, so they could not complain to Him later, "No one told me about this."

This thing about "Jesus is the Son of God" is an enormous stumbling block for Muslims because the Quran goes on and on about God never "producing" a Son, etc. And of course this is correct.

The "Son of God" must be a name or title, and something to be believed blindly. Because that's what God desires ... for people to have blind faith in His Scriptures. I always have. But, the Holy Spirit teaches us the Truth and gives us our assurance (blind faith?). But with Muslims, everything is by reading black words on white paper, and reasoning and logic,
and more logic and reasoning ...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Yes, I agree, but as with all evangelism, people need to hear the true gospel.

This thing about "Jesus is the Son of God" is an enormous stumbling block for Muslims because the Quran goes on and on about God never "producing" a Son, etc. And of course this is correct.

The "Son of God" must be a name or title, and something to be believed blindly. Because that's what God desires ... for people to have blind faith in His Scriptures. I always have. But, the Holy Spirit teaches us the Truth and gives us our assurance (blind faith?). But with Muslims, everything is by reading black words on white paper, and reasoning and logic,
and more logic and reasoning ...

Well, that is why Christ is different from their dead god and their dead scripture. If and when God wants their eyes opened, HE will open them. We are only to plant seed, good seed, not corrupt seed.