Advice Requested: Who Really Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

I would like to use something like this with Muslims ...
so I am asking for your input. Appreciate your help.

Most Christians believe that a human is composed of body, soul, spirit
… where the soul is composed of mind(intellect), will, emotions.
… and when a person is “born again” (“born from above”),
the Holy Spirit takes up residence in the person’s spirit,
which was “empty” prior to this blessed event.
(This spiritual “emptiness” is why man searches for God and spiritual Truth.)

Jesus was the first “human” to have this “born-again” experience:
“And He is the head of the body, the church, (He) who is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.”
(Colossians 1:18, also see Revelation 1:5).
All humans are “dead”, and Jesus was the first “human” to be “born again”.
“… that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29).
Jesus holds the place of honor and pre-eminence among all spiritually
“born again” humans … those raised up by God to inherit eternal life.

Matthew 1: [sup]18[/sup] she (Mary) was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
[sup]20[/sup] that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
[sup]21[/sup] And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS …
[sup]23[/sup] “… the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they
shall call His name Immanuel,”which is translated, “God with us”.

Luke 1:
[sup]31[/sup] And behold, you (Mary) will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son,
and shall call His name JESUS.
[sup]35[/sup] And the angel answered (Mary) and said to her,
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;
therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Note: Jesus was not the Son of God, He was just called “the Son of God”.
“Jesus” and “Son of God” are only names or titles.

Note: Jesus had no human father.
The male sperm used was miraculously provided by GOD’s Spirit.
This male sperm was not tainted by man’s sin nature.
Thus, Jesus’ “father” did not have a sin nature; neither did Jesus have a sin nature.
Therefore, Jesus had the power to be able to live a sinless life.
Jesus “was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15).
“… Him (Jesus) who knew no sin …” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Point #1 … Can we say that baby Jesus was GOD?
Jesus was a MAN … He looked like a man, He talked like a man, etc.
At what point can we call baby Jesus “GOD”?
So, Jesus was not as much GOD as He was a MAN.
Jesus was more MAN than He was GOD.

Point #2 … Jesus was a MAN with GOD residing inside of Him.
Jesus was a MAN with GOD (a spiritual being) residing inside of him.
The GOD inside Jesus was severely limited compared to what he was used to.
This is why Jesus made comments such as: My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28).
This is why Jesus spent so much time praying to Father GOD in Heaven for help:
discernment, guidance, wisdom of what to say and do, the Holy Spirit’s power, etc.
Jesus was a MAN without sin, but he did NOT know everything.
And He did NOT have spiritual power of his own; he relied on the Holy Spirit’s power.

The miraculous GOD-MAN … a MAN without sin … just what the Doctor ordered.
The perfect, final, and ultimate blood sacrifice for the atonement (forgiveness) of man's sins.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Jesus was fully God and Jesus was fully man
Appreciate your input ...

Yes, it's all difficult language, and I know I'm treading on sacred traditional ground here.
But, I'm not a puppet, and I've got these new ideas on how to possibly explain the Trinity
to non-believers who do a lot of complaining about the difficulty of understanding it.

The human person born was to be called "JESUS" (Matthew 1:21).
Was the GOD part to be called "JESUS", or the human part, or both parts?

If Jesus was "fully GOD", why did He need the Holy Spirit to provide the miraculous power?
What was all of the praying to Father GOD all about?
If Jesus was "fully GOD, then surely He would have FULL spiritual powers.
Nah, He wasn't "fully God".

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Appreciate your input ...

Yes, it's all difficult language, and I know I'm treading on sacred traditional ground here.
But, I'm not a puppet, and I've got these new ideas on how to possibly explain the Trinity
to non-believers who do a lot of complaining about the difficulty of understanding it.

The human person born was to be called "JESUS" (Matthew 1:21).
Was the GOD part to be called "JESUS", or the human part, or both parts?

If Jesus was "fully GOD", why did He need the Holy Spirit to provide the miraculous power?
What was all of the praying to Father GOD all about?
If Jesus was "fully GOD, then surely He would have FULL spiritual powers.
Nah, He wasn't "fully God".

You, of course are free to believe a falsehood, but if you teach it, YOU will be held accountable

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't take what I say the wrong way - I don't want the tone of my post to fool you...

However, I must point out that you are arriving at one of the "greatest problems" of the Christian faith when looking at things from an earthly perspective. I think people have to understand that Christ is fully God. There are roughly 12 verses in the Bible that fairly clearly attribute this to Christ, but I always use John 1.

[bible=John 1:1]
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[/bible]

[bible=John 1:14]
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
[/bible]

With that said, then comes the inevitable argument. It goes something like... Christ does not equate with God because Christ referred to not knowing or doing things because of the Holy Spirit or the authority of the Father. It also manifests in a similar form in the philosophical argument that God cannot be omnipotent because he cannot doing everything (IE: God cannot sin and the other major one is that God cannot create himself.) I'd simply point out that this is not a shortcoming of God or anything of the sort. Instead, there were things that Christ (as God) had the authority to do from the Father. If Christ had done otherwise, he would not have been performing God's will and would have given in to the enemy. Essentially it's saying that Christ could only do what was righteous - as God only does what's righteous. He would never be unfair or unjust. For us to be perfect, Christ could not sin. Our language simply fails to adequately portray relationship and power. This is nothing new because we frequently use phrases like it's too much for words or "I'm speechless!" because emotions cannot always be adequately explained. You don't need to sit around and think about that. Talk to someone in love or someone after a major event in their life.

As such, the moment we try and rephrase what the Bible says is the moment we get into trouble. Remember that when Peter proclaimed Christ, Christ immediately said that it didn't have anything to do with "flesh and blood" (KJV) but it had everything to do with the Father in heaven. I'm sure you're a very smart Christian, and probably smarter than me. However, there has been much smarter than you (and just as Spirit-filled as any of us) to walk this old Earth and no one has come up with cure-all way to explain the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There are many great analogies and logical progressions of thought, but we are talking about a God that defies traditional logic at any occasion that He wills.

My goal is not to discourage but to urge you to use what is given. I recommend talking about our concept of self. We're limited to the perception of another person only being in one place in space and time. It is difficult for us to comprehend someone that can be in multiple places (everywhere) at any time. Allah never demonstrates this ability in writings for a reason. The Islamic faith is very authoritarian and relies on accepting "simple" concepts that make sense. The characteristics of the religion make sense for most to have a deity that is in one place at a time.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also...a person's soul isn't their spirit...a person's soul contains their spirit.

Hollywood has portrayed in too many movies that the soul is something akin to our spirit as to when a person "sells their soul to the devil".

A person's soul is their spirit, mind, heart and body collectively. It is their whole being.

Granted, you may not like your body...but no one will be able to recognize you without it when you get to Heaven. . Your Heavenly, imperishable body will look very similar to your old one. Soooo....if you have short, stubby arms in this life you are going to have them in the next one too.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

Hammerstone,

Thank you for the time spent in trying to clarify my new thinking on this matter.

Here are a few random comments re: your post …

“the Word became flesh” perhaps means "the Word entered into a fleshly body"?
I assure you that I have always believed in God being ALL of the omnis.
And God has NO shortcomings, etc. that’s for sure.
Christ could only be righteous, just, etc. because He did NOT have our sin nature.
Peter was a far cry from people today who are born again with the Holy Spirit
inside of them, not to mention those blessed with the Holy Spirit baptism.

In this article, I am not attempting to explain the Triune God (which is rather impossible),
but I am trying to focus on just explaining who Jesus really was.

I believe my main point remains:
If Jesus was "FULLY GOD", why was He always praying to the Father for various things?
It makes no sense at all, unless it was just to show us what we should do re: praying.
Which leads to Him saying that we would do greater things than He did,
meaning the same things, but greater in volume (number of people helped, etc.).
God accomplishes many things at one time, doesn't He?
I believe part of what Jesus was doing was to serve as an example of what we should be doing,
the faith we should have, the dependence on Father God that we should have, etc.
Remember, Jesus was (just) "the firsborn among many brethren".

My new idea is:
The ONLY difference between Jesus and us is that He did NOT have the sin nature.
But, there were HUGE differences between Him and the people back then.
Scripture says He came to teach mankind several very vital things.
But, we know them now.
So, WHO really was Jesus? And WHAT was He?
The GOD-man, yes. Fully God, no. Fully man, no. This is nonsense.
"FULLY MAN" means that Jesus would have had our sin nature!!!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

I would like to use something like this with Muslims ...
so I am asking for your input. Appreciate your help.

Jesus was the first “human” to have this “born-again” experience:
“And He is the head of the body, the church, (He) who is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.”
(Colossians 1:18, also see Revelation 1:5).
All humans are “dead”, and Jesus was the first “human” to be “born again”.
“… that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29).
Jesus holds the place of honor and pre-eminence among all spiritually
“born again” humans … those raised up by God to inherit eternal life.

Hello John,

Jesus was not "born-again." He is God. He is 100% man and 100% God. He is not half man and half God, nor is He human with God residing inside Him. Jesus is fully human and fully God. Jesus can be tempted and was tempted just like any human. He can sin just like any human, but Jesus always chose not to sin. Jesus felt hunger, pain, joy, laughter, and even death just like any human. He even aged as he grew from a baby to a man. Christ is truely man in every way. But He is also truely God. The Holy Trinity is not an easy concept to understand. God is three persons in one. Many Muslims would take this to mean that we worship three gods. But that is a misconception on their part that they don't understand. There is only one God, but He is three persons in one God. The best way I can explain the Holy Trinity is to use the example of water.

Water can exist in three forms - liquid, solid, and gaseous. In all three forms, water is identical in that all three compose of 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 atom of oxygen. However, all three are also different in that ice has a lighter density than liquid water, which explains why ice floats in liquid water. Water vapor has an even lighter density. Thus, it can then be said that liquid water, ice, and water vapor are exactly the same and also different. What also makes water special is that it is the only substance on earth that can exist in all three forms under natural conditions and can co-exist at the same time. Liquid water, solid ice, and water vapor can co-exist when its temperature and pressure are in equilibrium. Scientists call this the "triple point of water," which is at 273.16 K at 611.2 Pa.

The Holy Trinity is the same. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one and the same, but they are also different. All of God's creation is a reflection of His goodness and beauty. So, even in nature, it would not be surprising to find a little reflection of who He is. Furthermore, God's reflection is also found in us because we are made in His image. In my Christian faith, we teach that the human body, soul, and spirit are one just as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one. We do not believe that the human body is a shell in which our soul dwell in. When Christ resurrected from the dead, His body also resurrected along with His soul and spirit. Christ's human body became a glorified body when He resurrected. We also believe that at the end of the world, our corruptible and lowly bodies will also become a glorified body like Jesus.

Philippians 3:21 He will change our lowly body to conform with His glorified body by the power that enbles Him also to bring all things into subjection to Himself.

In Christ,
Selene

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Selene,
Thank you very much for your heart-felt interest.
These are my latest ideas, and the reasoning behind them.

Most Christians believe:

1) a human is composed of body, soul, and spirit
where the soul is composed of mind(intellect), will, and emotions.
2) when a person is “born again” (“born from above”),
the Holy Spirit takes up residence in the person’s spirit,
which was “empty” prior to this blessed event.
(Man’s “empty spirit” is why he searches for God and spiritual Truth.)

Jesus was the first “human” to have this “born-again” experience
“… that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Romans 8:29

Matthew 1:[sup] 18[/sup] she (Mary) was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
[sup]20[/sup] that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
[sup]21[/sup] And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS …
[sup]23[/sup] “… the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they
shall call His name Immanuel,”which is translated, “God with us”.
Luke 1: [sup]31[/sup] And behold, you (Mary) will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son,
and shall call His name JESUS.
[sup]35[/sup] And the angel answered (Mary) and said to her,
The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;
therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

NOTE: Jesus was not the Son of God, He was just called “the Son of God”.
“Jesus” and “Son of God” are only names or titles.

NOTE: Jesus had no human father.
The male sperm used was miraculously provided by GOD’s Spirit.
The male sperm used was NOT tainted by man’s sin nature.
Jesus did NOT have a father with a sin nature, so Jesus did NOT have a sin nature.
Therefore, Jesus had the ability to live a sinless life.
Jesus
“was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews 4:15
“… Him (Jesus) who knew no sin …” 2 Corinthians 5:21

Can we say that baby Jesus was GOD?
Jesus was a MAN … he looked like a man, he talked like a man, etc.
Jesus was more MAN than he was GOD.

Jesus was a MAN with GOD residing inside of Him.
This is why Jesus made comments such as: My Father is greater than I.” John 14:28
This is why Jesus spent so much time praying to Father GOD for heavenly help:
discernment, guidance, wisdom of what to say and do, the Holy Spirit’s power, etc.
And he did NOT have spiritual power of his own; he relied on the Holy Spirit’s power.

Jesus was NOT “fully GOD” OR “fully MAN”.
Many Christians say that he was BOTH.
If Jesus was fully GOD, why was he always praying to the Father for various things?
If Jesus was fully GOD, why did he need the Holy Spirit to provide spiritual power?

If Jesus was
fully GOD”, then surely he would have FULL spiritual powers.
If Jesus was
fully MAN”, he would have had our sin nature!!!
So, WHO really was Jesus? ... Jesus was the GOD-MAN, yes.
But,
fully GOD, no … fully MAN, no.

The miraculous GOD-MAN … a MAN without sin … was just what the Doctor ordered.

The perfect, final, and ultimate blood sacrifice for the atonement (forgiveness) of man's sins.

The necessity for this atonement through blood is taught in both Old and New Testaments.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I believe my main point remains:
If Jesus was "FULLY GOD", why was He always praying to the Father for various things?
It makes no sense at all, unless it was just to show us what we should do re: praying.

This Scripture will probably not make any sense to you either.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
"Who Really Was Jesus?" -- What do you mean "was?"
I'm just trying to focus on the specific time period when GOD
WAS on the earth inhabiting the human body of a human "called" JESUS.

I'm not wanting to confuse the issue any more than it already is by including
WHO Jesus WAS before coming, and WHO JESUS IS now after leaving.
He WAS and IS part of the triune Godhead.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[bible=Colossians 2:9]
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.[/bible]

[bible=Hebrews 2:17]
Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
[/bible]

[bible=Hebrews 4:15]
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
[/bible]

The GOD-man, yes. Fully God, no. Fully man, no. This is nonsense.
"FULLY MAN" means that Jesus would have had our sin nature!!!

There is a reason I'm hammering (excuse the pun) the Father, Son, and Spirit thing so much. It is integral to understanding that Christ was both fully human - flesh - and that he was fully God.

-- What do you mean "was?"

As to the semantics of that, I'd defend the thread starter by simply pointing out if he is talking about Jesus as Savior, then clearly he believes that the Savior does not lie buried in the ground or a cave at some remote location. I applaud diligence in defending the faith, but there are times where language can fall short unintentionally.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Jesus was the first “human” to have this “born-again” experience
“… that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Romans 8:29

Hello John,

To say that Jesus was "born again" or experience "born-again" is a strange concept to me as a Christian. To be "born-again" refers to a spiritual regeneration. It is a term associated with salvation, and Jesus did not need any salvation because He does not have any sin. Jesus was God incarnate. To be a firstborn does not mean "born again."

Can we say that baby Jesus was GOD?
Jesus was a MAN … he looked like a man, he talked like a man, etc.
Jesus was more MAN than he was GOD.

Jesus is 100% God and 100% human even when He was a baby.

Jesus was a MAN with GOD residing inside of Him.
This is why Jesus made comments such as: My Father is greater than I.” John 14:28
This is why Jesus spent so much time praying to Father GOD for heavenly help:
And he did NOT have spiritual power of his own; he relied on the Holy Spirit’s power.

God can never be limited. Jesus is God incarnate. When Christ said, "My Father is greater than I," He was referring to His human nature. The human nature of Jesus is not greater than the Father because Jesus' human nature came from His mother Mary. Jesus is not just the Son of God. He is also the son of Mary. Jesus is equal to God in every way (See Philippians 2:6). When Christ prayed to God, it was the human nature of Jesus who was praying to God. The second person of the Holy Trinity has two natures - human and divine. Jesus did have spiritual power of His own because He is the Life, the Way, and the Truth and anyone who calls on His name or believed in His name will have eternal life. Jesus is the Resurrection and His own name is power itself that anyone who calls on His name will be saved (See Matthew 10:22 and Acts 3:6).

In Christ,
Selene

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey John. Have you considered it all in application to the way and reason Christ came the first time?
Remember when Jesus washed his disciples feet? That was a task for the lowest slave, and yet their teacher, he who was above them took on this job.
Jesus came humbly, He came to serve us and die for us. Although the Jewish nation expected their Messiah to come as a mighty ruling King, that was not Gods ultimate plan that time.
Jesus was to show us the way to the Father, through humility, sacrifice and love....something we are called on as Christians to emulate. All of this allows for the humble way in which God the Son came and interacted with us that time.
As far as Him praying to the Father and being filled with the Holy Spirit, why on earth wouldn't he have communion with them? If they are all God, have perfect unity and love between them, then it stands to reason that he would draw comfort, love and perseverance from them.
And let us consider what would have happened should Jesus have decided to let His full God glory shine forth? Remember when Moses was speaking to God on Mt Sinai? His face shone just from the reflection of Gods presence and glory. Jesus was fully God, but fully man also, and being man He chose to limit His powers, to not use them...he wanted man to see His example and His loving sacrifice and come to realise that He was indeed God. We see again and again in the Old Testament and the Pharisees in the New, that people will 'recognize' God, and even mouth platitudes of worship and offerings, but in their heart no change occurs. The way Jesus came the first time requires people to see who Jesus really is and answer the call of grace!
Now, when He comes the second time, no one who sees Him (which will be all) will have any doubts to His divinity! And we know He will be the same Jesus who was with us the first time from Acts 1:11 ..." Men of Galilee. why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw Him go into heaven."
Read Revelations, or any verse that discussed Jesus second coming....there is NO doubt that He is God, and that He is the Lamb that was slain.!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

I am quite embarassed for forgetting these verses,
which I had lumped in with other verses which show

that Jesus is God or equal to God.

Jesus was the exact image of Father God
“He who has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14:9)
“Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Cor 4:4)
“His Son … who being the brightness of His glory
and the express image of His person” (Heb 1:3)
“God was manifested in the flesh” (1 Tim 3:16)
“He is the image of the invisible God” (Col 1:15)
“For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell” (Col 1:18)
“For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Col 2:9)
“Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God” (Phil 2:6)

These provide quite a dilemna for my new theory, don't they?

But, if Jesus was "fully God", what do we do with this?
“for My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)
I have always thought that while Jesus was on the earth,
not only was He humble,
but He felt lesser than Father God in Heaven.
Why?
Because He actually was; He was limited by His human body.
But, if He was "fully God" ...

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

I am quite embarassed for forgetting these verses,
which I had lumped in with other verses which show

that Jesus is God or equal to God.

Jesus was the exact image of Father God
“He who has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14:9)
“Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Cor 4:4)
“His Son … who being the brightness of His glory
and the express image of His person” (Heb 1:3)
“God was manifested in the flesh” (1 Tim 3:16)
“He is the image of the invisible God” (Col 1:15)
“For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell” (Col 1:18)
“For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Col 2:9)
“Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God” (Phil 2:6)

These provide quite a dilemna for my new theory, don't they?

But, if Jesus was "fully God", what do we do with this?
“for My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)
I have always thought that while Jesus was on the earth,
not only was He humble,
but He felt lesser than Father God in Heaven.
Why?
Because He actually was; He was limited by His human body.
But, if He was "fully God" ...

Hello John,

The second person of the Holy Trinity has two natures - human and divine. Jesus is the Son of God, but He is also the son of Mary. When Christ said, "My Father is greater than I," it was His human nature who said this. Jesus' human nature is not greater than the Father because His human nature came from his mother, Mary.

In Christ,
Selene

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
The second person of the Holy Trinity has two natures - human and divine. Jesus is the Son of God, but He is also the son of Mary. When Christ said, "My Father is greater than I," it was His human nature who said this. Jesus' human nature is not greater than the Father because His human nature came from his mother, Mary.[/quote]

Selene,

I think you're getting a little confused.
Do you realize that "Son of God" is only a name or title?
We have to assure Muslims that NO ONE is saying that ...
GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring.
Hence, no Son or Daughter.

"Jesus' human nature is not greater than the Father"
is not part of the discussion ... no one said this.
3 possibilities: the Father is less, equal, or greater, than Jesus. Right?

But, I have heard before (and forgotten) that sometimes
Jesus is speaking as God
and sometimes as a man.
But, I haven't really checked this out. Have you?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I think you're getting a little confused.
Do you realize that "Son of God" is only a name or title?
We have to assure Muslims that NO ONE is saying that ...
GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring.
Hence, no Son or Daughter.

No John, it's you that's confussed, Christ IS the Son of God!

He IS saying, " that GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring."

Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
No John, it's you that's confussed, Christ IS the Son of God!
He IS saying, " that GOD mated with some female entity and produced any off-spring."
Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

That the whole point.
Being called something doesn't make it so.
I can call you a maniac, but does that make it so?
Gabriel did not say "He shall BE the Son of God".
Just because they called me John at birth, am I really John?
No, I'm a male human being who could be called anything under the sun.
Back to the ole' drawing board, and try again.