Agape Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

beforHim

Jun 18, 2007
Tell me if this seems right:Ecclesiates is the book of the point to life, the purpose of life, the reason for living, etc.Eccl 12:13- After everything is done and said, The conclusion is this- fear God and keep His commands, for that is the whole duty of man. (paraphrase)Assuming fearing God means you'll keep His commandments, and the two main commands, Love God with everything, and love your neighboor as yourself, then isn't the whole point of life to love others? Love encompasses everythingelse (1 Cor 13), and is repeatedly said to fulfill the law, which Jesus Hismelf said He did.So, is the point of life agape love (since love automatically looks out for everyone's best interests)? Never sin, Always Agape love, Always glorify Him 100%, always do His will- all four of these seem to me to just be saying the same thing- hence if it is most accuratley and most often described as loving others (God and humans [were angels fit in I don't know]), then wouldn't "Agape Love" (which automatically looks out for everyone's best interests) be the point to life?

Mar 26, 2008
Yeshua Adonai commanded to us His love, please read in John 13:34, than John 14:15, John 14:21 and John 15:10 . If you ask your self what kind of love Adonai is talking about go back and read John 3:16 and please also read 1 Cor 13:1-8, Paul lived the kind of love our Lord Yeshua spoke about. God bless you all in this forum today!!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Assuming fearing God means you'll keep His commandments, and the two main commands, Love God with everything, and love your neighboor as yourself, then isn't the whole point of life to love others?
Absolutely, and probalby one of the hardest things to do in our fast paced, me first world.We are called to be like Jesus and his example was the cross which was the supreme act of love for us and the Father. We are jesus to the world because we are 'in him' and he is in us through the Holy Spirit.As has been said we may be the only bible that people will read.

beforHim

Jun 18, 2007
Thx for the replies! (I'll have to examine them more carefully later as the computer lab is closing!)