All of Scripture is a Prophecy Foreshadowing the Day of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Hello select:

Isn't it funny to be treated such in a Christian forum? You've been here all of two days and have attracted the long knives to yourself, like filings to a magnet. Selah.

2Pet 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

On the one hand, we know that those who produce mocking and scoffing are blind and cannot see how they walk daily in their own ungodly desires. On the other hand, these slumbering scoffers are like set pieces or sticks of furniture in the world. They just are sleepily following carnal-devlish programming. BUT, know that we encounter these zombie mockers for our benefit. Ponder on how this is so.

As for your OP, the title indicates that you've whiffed a scent of Truth along the way. There is much in the bible foreshadowing and exemplifying and allegorizing the day of the Lord. The next, big revelation for you will be when you realize that it's all about an internal work; the journey one takes from being centered in carnality to abiding in Christ and reunion with the Father.

Peace.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
ajdiamond said:
Hello select:

Isn't it funny to be treated such in a Christian forum? You've been here all of two days and have attracted the long knives to yourself, like filings to a magnet. Selah.

2Pet 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

On the one hand, we know that those who produce mocking and scoffing are blind and cannot see how they walk daily in their own ungodly desires. On the other hand, these slumbering scoffers are like set pieces or sticks of furniture in the world. They just are sleepily following carnal-devlish programming. BUT, know that we encounter these zombie mockers for our benefit. Ponder on how this is so.

As for your OP, the title indicates that you've whiffed a scent of Truth along the way. There is much in the bible foreshadowing and exemplifying and allegorizing the day of the Lord. The next, big revelation for you will be when you realize that it's all about an internal work; the journey one takes from being centered in carnality to abiding in Christ and reunion with the Father.

Peace.
If you don't realize how self-contradictory your post is, welcome to his club. It is pointless to argue with a fool because doing so reduces one to the fool's level where he will win through experience.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Yes, it was a fine line to walk. To speak on scoffing and mocking without scoffing and mocking any who may have initiated the need to bring up scoffing and mocking in the first place. Phew. :D If I fell short, I ask for grace and peace.

To clarify, I speak generally when I refer to those who produce scoffing and mocking as slumbering set pieces, zombies following carnal-devlish programming. If one were to take that personally....well....perhaps investigate whether the shoe fits. :ph34r:

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
ajdiamond said:
Hello select:

Peace.
Good words. Thank you for that good word. The temple of man (Babylon) will crumble. The seeds of truth (New Jerusalem) is being built and is unseen to our eyes, but open to our ears. In Hebrew, the Ear is on the same linguistic root and branch as Word or Speaker. It is the ear to hear and the seed of grain. Opening the grain allows the expression of the word in the seed to produce a plant. We have a Guardian while we are in the wilderness. The Shepherd leads.

Read this post: LINK

ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
If you don't realize how self-contradictory your post is, welcome to his club. It is pointless to argue with a fool because doing so reduces one to the fool's level where he will win through experience.

Typically, the high ground goes to the one denying ignorance. To deny ignorance, stop ignoring truth. Again, the subject of this thread is the nature of repeating history. This is God's work to give us true freedom from the cruel master. Look to the King entering the temple and away from the pride of self. Tyranny is the result of lawless governors. God is a just judge and abides in His perfect law. Making the enemy the footstool is a process given to you by Ajdiamond in the post above. It's an inward work, but the reflecting point in the outward temple of Babylon is our mirror. Look in the mirror and see yourself. I think that was his point. It might be your point as well, yet the fruit of the Spirit is this:

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

This is a perfect way to reflect on the reason Christ enters the temple. We are to overcome the tyranny of law with faith.

As long as you are breathing fire, you are not building ground with truth, but against it.

See this post: LINK

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
SelectThis! said:
Typically, the high ground goes to the one denying ignorance. To deny ignorance, stop ignoring truth. Again, the subject of this thread is the nature of repeating history. This is God's work to give us true freedom from the cruel master. Look to the King entering the temple and away from the pride of self. Tyranny is the result of lawless governors. God is a just judge and abides in His perfect law. Making the enemy the footstool is a process given to you by Ajdiamond in the post above. It's an inward work, but the reflecting point in the outward temple of Babylon is our mirror. Look in the mirror and see yourself. I think that was his point. It might be your point as well, yet the fruit of the Spirit is this:
The doctrines of Christ are exoteric, not esoteric. Your words are a distraction from Christ. The one scattering is not gathering. That's the point.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
The doctrines of Christ are exoteric, not esoteric. Your words are a distraction from Christ. The one scattering is not gathering. That's the point.
I agree. It IS the point. We must be born again. Baptism is our involution so we can rise again (evolution). We MUST be born again. The work we do here will be digested as seed later in the tribulation time. We plant for the ones needing to glean later. Read Ruth 2.

Right now, we should make peace. Again, it's the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5.

James 3:18
And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

---Why do you make me the enemy by derailing a thread about the true enemy?

Genesis 8:22
"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease."

---We are here baptized in the waters of life. We are workers in the field gathering and planting seed. It's a work that will not cease while the Earth remains. Is the Earth still here?

Matthew 9:37
Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.

---I agree with this. We need to get to work. Our faith must produce work. Peace between the workers is necessary.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

---The Holy Spirit is the one that guides us if we are producing fruit from the Spirit.

Psalms 107:37
And sow fields and plant vineyards, And gather a fruitful harvest.

---This forum is a field to plant seeds. I appreciate the soil being provided.

Did you read this post: LINK

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
The doctrines of Christ are exoteric, not esoteric.
This mental conclusion is self-imposed bondage. It is a limiting belief that prevents one from seeing what's outside of it's parameters. And when one has 100's of these conclusions in their head, they are in a self-imposed darkness, blind and deaf to the Reality outside the mental prison of their own construction.

There is both within the teachings of Jesus: the exoteric and the esoteric.
And there is sometimes both within one single teaching: the exoteric aspect and the esoteric aspect.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
ajdiamond said:
This mental conclusion is self-imposed bondage. It is a limiting belief that prevents one from seeing what's outside of it's parameters. And when one has 100's of these conclusions in their head, they are in a self-imposed darkness, blind and deaf to the Reality outside the mental prison of their own construction.

And there is sometimes both within one single teaching: the exoteric aspect and the esoteric aspect.
This mental conclusion is self-imposed discipline that keeps the mind from wandering off into the self-indulgent madness that we periodically witness on Christian forums. Esotericism 'may' satisfy a perceived need in a person, but it never edifies the body of Christ. Esoteric revelations are meant to be kept personal until the recipient has the maturity to make them exoteric. Public displays of esotericism are just satanic confusion.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
This mental conclusion is self-imposed discipline that keeps the mind from wandering off into the self-indulgent madness...
Yes, I know that is what you believe. I was there believing the same things a decade ago.

But, that thing that the exoteric religionist is trying to discipline is that thing that need be crucified and die.

Since before the Pharisees, religion's quest has been to reform, discipline, control and restrain that thing in the individual that is enmity against God. It'll never work.

Jesus came and showed another Way.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
ajdiamond said:

I agree with you that both are true. They are not contradictory. Compare this to a train engineer and a friend arguing over the train whistle. The friend asks why the whistle changes pitch as the train passes his house each day. The Engineer says the whistle does not change pitch for him. Who is right? Besides the whistle, they are both right. The Doppler Effect is the excluded middle that resolves the paradox. It's perspective and frame of reference. We do not all possess the same map of the territory. Symbolism with ordinances wakes the mind up. All ordinances have a spiritual and material meaning.

Compare this to the Exoteric and Esoteric aspects of faith. Which is it? I think the answer might be to compare them to a pendulum. If we swing too far to one side, we are dogmatic. If we swing too far to the other side,we are too intrinsic and focused on spirituality. Like all opposites, the resolution comes by adhering to the mean. Christ said the path is narrow. Although I do not limit this to just the above and below aspects of Heaven and Earth, I think He was telling us that the true path of faith and righteousness is neither dogma (law) or completely hidden in the Spirit. He is both our Kinsman Redeemer and the Head of the body with God in Heaven.

Compare this pendulum to righteousness and wickedness. If you swing too far toward righteousness, what are you? Self-righteous. If you lack righteousness, what are you? Wicked. What is the difference between self-righteous judgment of others and wickedness? They are both extremes of the pendulum.

Faith sets us free from the law. Love sets us free form the need for a Guardian (Galatians 3-5).

This mental conclusion is self-imposed discipline that keeps the mind from wandering off into the self-indulgent madness that we periodically witness on Christian forums. Esotericism 'may' satisfy a perceived need in a person, but it never edifies the body of Christ. Esoteric revelations are meant to be kept personal until the recipient has the maturity to make them exoteric. Public displays of esotericism are just satanic confusion.
What is a public display of esotericism? Is there an example you can give?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
ajdiamond said:
Hello select:

That should tell you something right there shouldn't it ??
Is it wrong for the christian to pull out the long knives when the idiots pull in ??
He has no audience
Nobody wants his claptrap
Nobody listens to him
Been kicked off all the other forums
What ... now you think we should accommodate him ??

And on the subject of long knives .... go back and read what he calls us !!!!!!

It will be plenty of reading because he has cluttered this place up pretty good

And he is just getting started.

He has hundreds of pages of his junk to copy and paste here

Should just ban him right now and be done with it.

He is accustomed to that anyway , that's how he gets his thrills

Its a mental defect

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
SelectThis! said:
What is a public display of esotericism? Is there an example you can give?
.Your presentation is the example. State what you believe. Quit playing games.
ajdiamond said:
Yes, I know that is what you believe. I was there believing the same things a decade ago.

But, that thing that the exoteric religionist is trying to discipline is that thing that need be crucified and die.

Since before the Pharisees, religion's quest has been to reform, discipline, control and restrain that thing in the individual that is enmity against God. It'll never work.

Jesus came and showed another Way.
You are talking about something altogether different than what I am. You obviously don't know what I believe and where I've been.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Arnie Manitoba said:
That should tell you something right there shouldn't it ??
Is it wrong for the christian to pull out the long knives when the idiots pull in ??
He has no audience
Nobody wants his claptrap
Nobody listens to him
Been kicked off all the other forums
What ... now you think we should accommodate him ??

And on the subject of long knives .... go back and read what he calls us !!!!!!

It will be plenty of reading because he has cluttered this place up pretty good

And he is just getting started.

He has hundreds of pages of his junk to copy and paste here

Should just ban him right now and be done with it.

He is accustomed to that anyway , that's how he gets his thrills

Its a mental defect
Can you quote what you say I called you?

If you have something to say about the original post, you are welcome to build your foundation on the subject. What you have typed above is argument ad hominem. In debate, this is is pure condescension and bias that causes divisiveness. I will continue a few times to point you back to the subject of the thread. In the meantime, this is what the Bible says about making peace and causing divisions on purpose. I'll pray for you to see this from the mirror of scripture.

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Titus 3

10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
SelectThis! said:
If you have something to say about the original post, you are welcome to build your foundation on the subject. What you have typed above is argument ad hominem. In debate, this is is pure condescension and bias that causes divisiveness. I will continue a few times to point you back to the subject of the thread. In the meantime, this is what the Bible says about making peace and causing divisions on purpose. I'll pray for you to see this from the mirror of scripture.

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Titus 3

10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.
Peacemakers rightly apply the sword to distinguish between soul and spirit. Do not think that he came to bring the peace of compromise and the indulgence of iniquity.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Peacemakers rightly apply the sword to distinguish between soul and spirit. Do not think that he came to bring the peace of compromise and the indulgence of iniquity.
The accuser comes to steal, kill and destroy. Do you have a reflecting point to the subject, or did you come to accuse me as the judge?

Take the thread and a Bible and speak about the thread. Judge me and you must judge yourself before God. Instead, speak with peace. We are all justified by faith by God's mercy and grace. It's unmerited favor we do not deserve. If you wish to be forgiven, do not judge others. Simply let your own light shine. I will do the same. I will pray for you. Truth is a blessing.

Can you provide scripture for you statements above?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
SelectThis! said:
The accuser comes to steal, kill and destroy. Do you have a reflecting point to the subject, or did you come to accuse me as the judge?

Take the thread and a Bible and speak about the thread. Judge me and you must judge yourself before God. Instead, speak with peace. We are all justified by faith by God's mercy and grace. It's unmerited favor we do not deserve. If you wish to be forgiven, do not judge others. Simply let your own light shine. I will do the same. I will pray for you. Truth is a blessing.

Can you provide scripture for you statements above?
The spirits of prophets are subject to prophets.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Que? Provide a verse for what I said? A bible student should know that one by heart.
I was wondering if you might provide the context. A single quote from a part of scripture is not sufficient to make a point that is not supported by the context. I was hoping you might follow up with a bit of context to show your point. Since you won't, I will.

1 Corinthians 14

29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30 And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32 The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.

Preface this by what is stated in verse 1

14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.

Seek the gifts of the Spirit. Love others. Follow an order. Why? God is not a God of disorder and division. Unity is the key. I am here as a member of the body of Christ. You can speak for yourself in this.

I see Jesus as Prophet, Priest and King. His words are images of the future, pointing us to the Day of the Lord and the 1000 years of peace. Would you agree?

Matthew 10

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Verses like this can be misunderstood if you are not aware that baptism is our involution into this life. Baptism is symbolized by the flood of Genesis, which is the key to baptism and beasts in the water.

To get this verse straight, consider what Elijah does.

Matthew 4:4-6

Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel. See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.

Elijah was John the Baptist in the first century. Remember, you MUST be born again, yet Elijah never died. Why? Because Jesus needed to be the first to rise from the dead and the firstfruits. If it had been Elijah, then we Jesus could not be the firstfruits from the dead. John the Baptist (in the Spirit of Elijah) showed us what baptism was for. It is a process to turn on the dew and rain. When did the dew (drops of water on the land) stop?

1 Kings 17

17 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe[a] in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

He shuts off the Dew. When did he turn it back on again? When Jesus command it done. Jesus was the first to rise.

Later in 1 Kings 17, Elijah met the woman at Zarephath (meaning refinery) and she had a son that was dead. What did Elijah do? Took Him up, prayed for the soul to return, then send him back to the Mother. This is involution and evolution (Baptism). Later, He is John the Baptist preparing the way. How?

Matthew 4:4-6

Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel. See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.

Here is the key. If you are born again, this means you will then raise your Father as a Son. Likewise, you are being raised by the Son you once raised before. If you must be born again, then we are raising our future parents. How can I show you this from scripture?

1 Timothy 3

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Here, the mother must raise her children to holiness and propriety. God back to your quoted verse now and see why the sword falls on those who fail to use the water to repent and rise to new life.

Just before the Day of Wrath and Sword you speak of, what happens?

Isaiah 26

[SIZE=.75em]19 [/SIZE]But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

[SIZE=.75em]20 [/SIZE]Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
[SIZE=.75em]21 [/SIZE]See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Are we appointed to wrath?

1 Thessalonians 5

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

Peace. Comfort. Not division. Again, all prophecy. Read the original post.

One generation meets the next coming and going: "He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

See this video... What do they say? They thought they killed that man. Nope. The stupids is a parody movie of our own human stupidity. It's symbolism I don't miss. Like many movies produced by the Jewish community, they know what they are saying here. It was intentional.

Watch the show Lost. The same thing: Jacob and Esau Video

Status
Not open for further replies.