All sins are not equal!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I originally posted this in the " Americas greatest sin thread" but it was kind of outside the topic. Quote:Originally Posted by forgivenWretch There is no sin greater than another. To God...SIN IS SIN!I'm going to have to disagree .There are sins greater than others. It is amazing how many people are unable to see the truth of a Scriptural passage after they have accepted a faulty understanding of it. Let me illustrate from the natural before being specific. Consider the statement below. If someone wrote the following, what would it mean?To become a traffic law breaker you don’t have to speed at 120 miles an hour in a 40 mile per hour zone. All you have to do is run a stop sign.From that statement could you properly deduce that all violations of the traffic law code are of the same severity? Never. All those two sentences say is that there is more than one way to break the traffic laws. Now focus in upon the [url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=James+2%3A10]James 2:10,11[/url] passage. Here is how it readsFor whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.Eternal security proponents have been wrongly taught that [url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=James+2%3A10]James 2:10,11[/url] teaches that all sins are the same, based on that single passage and few advocates seem able to read and receive what that passage actually says.The truth is, all [url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=James+2%3A10]James 2:10,11[/url] says is, if you commit murder you have become a lawbreaker. One doesn’t have to commit adultery. Moreover, to violate any point of the law is to become guilty of breaking all of it.There is nothing in that passage that states all sins are of the same degree. If there was, that would be a contradiction in the Bible, especially in light of the following truths which declare there are different degrees of sinAll sins are not the same in their effect on our souls. Some sins are greater than others ([url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=Jn.+19%3A11]Jn. 19:11[/url]). One type is eternal Or mortal (Mk. 3:29), while others are not. Another type of sin is uniquely against our bodies, while other sins are outside our bodies (1 Cor. 6:18). 1 Jn. 5:16 declares there is a sin that does not lead to death while there is a sin that leads to death. Sins such as worry (Phil. 4:6), unthankfulness (Col. 2:7, 3:15; Lk. 17:11-18) and not being completely humble and gentle (Eph. 4:2) are not included in any of the lists of sins that will send people to the lake of fire, even if they were once saved. However, other sins certainly will send any person to hell if they die in an unrepentant condition—even a person who was once saved. (See 1 Cor. 6:9,10; Rev. 21:8; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 5:5,6; Jude 7; Rev. 22:15; etc.)Read [url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=Ezekiel+8]Ezekiel 8[/url] carefully. In Ezekiel 8, you will read of detestable things, then more detestable things, then more detestable things than those. All sins are not of the same degreeIn other words, just like some commands are greater than others (Mt. 22:36-39), some sins are greater than othersFolks, read and believe what the Bible says without trying to make it fit into the once saved always saved theology you were taught. The churches, radio stations and TV channels, etc. are filled with false teachers. Go by the Bible for your teachings ([url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=2+Tim.+3%3A16]2 Tim. 3:16,17[/url]). If you don’t, you may lethally stumble yourself and cause others to do the same.GOD BLESS YOU.Ryan FitzPS. man I managed to debate against two of your religous views forgiven wretch[/font]I am so evil:D

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting study, but I could simplify it even further for you.
wink.gif
The presence of a sin that is explicitly unforgivable whereas others can be forgiven speaks for itself in regards to levels.Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

thiefonthecross

Mar 10, 2008
what is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost? I have been trying to find an answer to this and there seems to be a large variety of opinions. Im not sure where I stand on this , I could use some help in this area. Would we know if we comitted it, or would we be concerned at all if we did?I have a friend who is very much into healing and speaking in tongues, he believes that blasphemy is saying that something is not of God when it is, But scripture clearly tells us to be carefull and prove all things . :confused:

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
Since the 10 Commandments cover every sin possible, and God says we are to obey His law, then yes all sin is sin. Ryan, you have again done nothing to disprove anything!Also, It is quite amazing how you are still going on about OSAS since two threads have been closed. Your attempts to being sneaky are quite childish.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Forgiven wretch I have given you more than 30 verses which are against OSAS and 16 verses agaisnt all sin being of the same degree I count that as disproving. AAnd I really don't see how I'm being sneaky with that last post, I even pointed out that I went after OSAS in the very bottom quote"PS. man I managed to debate against two of your religous views forgiven wretch" But your right the subject is over and I shouldn't have brought it up again. I'll wait two weeks than somebody else will bring it up
biggrin.gif
LOL God bless you brother Ryan Fitz

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
As I have said numerous times, the Bible can not be used to dispute itself! And you sir are only trying your best to start something. Please grow up. You may have given 100 scriptures but you still have not proven anything, except that that your opinion is infallible, in your mind.oh yeah...one more thing....I do not have a religion, I have a relationship, and I only share that which God has shared with me.To me this is simply another one of your stunts, and as already said "it is quite childish.If you ever decide to truly desire to have a reasonable discussion, then and only then will I care to respond to anything else you have to offer.Until that time, may God be with you!

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
(forgivenWretch;43672)
As I have said numerous times, the Bible can not be used to dispute itself! And you sir are only trying your best to start something. Please grow up. You may have given 100 scriptures but you still have not proven anything, except that that your opinion is infallible, in your mind.oh yeah...one more thing....I do not have a religion, I have a relationship, and I only share that which God has shared with me.To me this is simply another one of your stunts, and as already said "it is quite childish.If you ever decide to truly desire to have a reasonable discussion, then and only then will I care to respond to anything else you have to offer.Until that time, may God be with you!
The Bible cannot be used to dispute itself but WHO says which interpretation is right? Only God Himself, and so even though we often have two sides debating an issue, OSAS as an example, both using Biblical support, both attempting to be as coherent and structured as they can- we always refer back to the Father. (through prayer, through OBJECTIVE minds which keep the criteria that it is He who knows best, through being willing to give up on theological dogma that has been droned into us but does not correlate to Scripture.)Because, where did we get denominations? And what's a major reason churches will divide? It's because of contention over doctrine and Biblical interpretation. Sometimes we must only refer to the Father.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(theifonthecross;43627)
what is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost? I have been trying to find an answer to this and there seems to be a large variety of opinions. Im not sure where I stand on this , I could use some help in this area. Would we know if we comitted it, or would we be concerned at all if we did?I have a friend who is very much into healing and speaking in tongues, he believes that blasphemy is saying that something is not of God when it is, But scripture clearly tells us to be carefull and prove all things . :confused:
It is a one time sin that can only be comitted by the Elect when they are put on trial by Antichrist I know you will get a thousand opinions but I will tell you the truth of what scripture says from there your on your own
smile.gif
This is written Mark 13 the Elect will be called up to be put on trial they are told not to premeditate what they will say because the Holy spirit will speak through them (this will be much like on Penecost Day) The words they speak will turn the hearts of many back to the father and away from Antichrist who will be claiming to be christ. If one of the Elect deny this holy spirit they are forever condemed no redemption. This is the one only unforgivable sinWe know this can not happen now because Christ died for all sin all sin at this moment is forgivable so this talking of a very specific type of blasphemy at a specific point in time.Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(forgivenWretch;43672)
As I have said numerous times, the Bible can not be used to dispute itself! And you sir are only trying your best to start something. Please grow up. You may have given 100 scriptures but you still have not proven anything, except that that your opinion is infallible, in your mind. oh yeah...one more thing....I do not have a religion, I have a relationship, and I only share that which God has shared with me. To me this is simply another one of your stunts, and as already said "it is quite childish. If you ever decide to truly desire to have a reasonable discussion, then and only then will I care to respond to anything else you have to offer. Until that time, may God be with you!
Did you see what we Both just did our last to posts read as such "Screw youGo to helland God bless you. What kind of way is that for us to treat another christian. This is why the christian church has 33,000 denominations. So let both of us stop this nonsense and have an actual conversation. Your first dispute against OSAS and the different degrees of sins is that scripture does not contradict itself. I completley agree. But describe for me how these two verses don't contradict. 23And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. (exodus 21: 23-25) 38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. ( matthew 5: 38-39)

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
I believe that the greatest sin of all is to insult the Holy Spirit.God forgive us every day in our prayers,our mistakes ,our sins....but this sin(insult Holy Spirit)is very very very bad...If you do that you don't accept God,you don't accept our Savior Jesus,you don't accept your felow being....God loves you....

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
What is wrong with once saved always saved? The Bible does say " If you commit the least of these sins you commit them all". I would take that as we are the ones who put sins into degrees and God says they are all just as bad. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit can mean many things such as;Not giving credit where credit is due.Turning against Gods word and saying it is irrelevant.Believing mans logic and reason, which is flawed, over Gods logic and reason.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost? I have been trying to find an answer to this and there seems to be a large variety of opinions.
To blaspheme the Holy Ghost is to call what he does the work of the devil. Many have called the obvious work of the spirit at Toronto Airport Chirstian Fellowship the work of the devil because they have isolated a few incidents that seem out of the norm.Having studied what has been happening there all I can say is that satan has lost the plot as I have read countless stories of people who have discovered an intense love for Jesus as a result of visiting the church. If that is the work of satan, it has been done by a satan that I know nothing about bearing in mind that the scripture says his aim is to steal, kill or destroy.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
Without putting words in God's mouth , he as much as says we are unable to keep all of the commandments all the time and thus we are all sinners period. No matter the level of the sin , he labels it all as sin.So if we cannot be free from sin by following the law, we need something else.It is called a Saviour.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(theifonthecross;43627)
we can be careful and prove all things without saying something isn't of God. We prove all things through scripture and the leading of the Spirit. We test the spirit and watch the fruits of others. These will give us the discernment of what is or is not of God....and we can even say that something is not of God if we have tested these things with the tools provided to us. Personally I believe that we must be very careful telling someone they do not have God or the Holy Spirit...for we cannot be the judge of that and can grieve the Spirit by doing so...IMO

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(theifonthecross;43627)
what is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost? I have been trying to find an answer to this and there seems to be a large variety of opinions. :
ONLY WHEN A DEMON HAS BEING CAST OUT.......does the issue of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit become an issue.Matthew 12 ... 22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."(Notice the Pharasees are specifically talking about driving out demons , not the healing itself)In Matthew 12 Jesus was specifically casting a demon out and that was what the pharasees claimed was done by Beelzebub the prince of the devils (Satan). (The healing of the man was an after effect from removing the demon.)In summary , I think blasphemey of The Holy Spirit is applicable only when a demon has been being cast out of a person. It is at that time we must not attribute it to anything but the working of the Holy Spirit. To do otherwise is the unforgiveable blasphemy being referred to.After a succesfull excorcism a person would have to declare the demon was cast out by Beelzebub the prince of the devils to be guilty of Blasphemy against The Holy Ghost.Arnie M.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(arniem;44759)
ONLY WHEN A DEMON HAS BEING CAST OUT.......does the issue of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit become an issue.Matthew 12 ... 22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."(Notice the Pharasees are specifically talking about driving out demons , not the healing itself)In Matthew 12 Jesus was specifically casting a demon out and that was what the pharasees claimed was done by Beelzebub the prince of the devils (Satan). (The healing of the man was an after effect from removing the demon.)In summary , I think blasphemey of The Holy Spirit is applicable only when a demon has been being cast out of a person. It is at that time we must not attribute it to anything but the working of the Holy Spirit. To do otherwise is the unforgiveable blasphemy being referred to.After a succesfull excorcism a person would have to declare the demon was cast out by Beelzebub the prince of the devils to be guilty of Blasphemy against The Holy Ghost.Arnie M.
this is an example of blasphemy yes, but it is not the entirety of blasphemy.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
No, not all sins are equal; some are more fun than others. :eek: Seriously though, While that statement may be true because people LOVE sin and pleasure of all kinds, we who are born again are called onto GOOD works and commanded not to sin any longer. We have been given the Holy Spirit to supply us with the power to resist sin, but unfortunately many don't avail themselves of that unlimited power.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The unfogivable sin can only be committed at one time and only by the Electthe difference of opinion are those who have trouble not understanding through no fault of their own this is purposely vague because its a warning to the Elect this verse must be seperated from the average believer and it speaks of a particular event in the future.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The unfogivable sin can only be committed at one time and only by the Elect
Not if you are aware of people who make a practice of denigrating the work of the holy spirit and calling it satanic on a regular basis.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I am aware but that has nothing to do with the unforivable sin Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men