Allah is the anti-Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
The Roman religious system which describes itself as "christian" has such a peaceful historical past..lol....it makes Islam, and the Quaran look like peacekeepers!
I'm no defender of Rome, but a large part of the abuses of the RC church were in response to the invasions of the Turks of the Ottoman empire, the Moors of Northern Africa, as well as the capture of Jerusalem by Muslim armies. The expulsion of non-Christians from Spain in 1492 was seen as an end to their wars with the Moors and the end of the period that they call the Reconquista (or reconquering) of those invaded lands.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pom2014 said:
Let's see if we can get this straight.

Elohim, the hebrew name for God was also part of the Canaanite pagan pantheon. So how are they any different? So are Jews evil and Elohim the anti-christ as well?
Sounds antisemitic to me.

Islam is not a threat, it is fundamental islamists that are heretics to their own writings that are the threat. Just as fundamental Christians are a threat as well.
ANY fanatic is a threat to the peace, security and prosperity of a nation.

The M1873 was used in the Moro uprising not the 1911 which was not placed into service until 1913. Also the Moro people had every right to resist the Spanish colonisation and then American occupation.
It was NOT because of Islam, it was because they were invading their home and they defended it. Your people did the same when we, The British, invaded in 1812.

Islam had nothing to do with 9/11, fanatics were responsible. Again, like the Moro, just because they called themselves Muslims did not mean that Islam was behind it.

Islam had nothing to do with 9/11, fanatics were responsible. But greed for oil was too great to stop them.n Essentially the West sowed its own bitter harvest.

I won't expect that you'd understand that ideal unless you are descendant from an oppressed people. As one of Scot blood on my mum's side I know well of how the crown treated the Scots over many centuries.

Again Islam is not a threat, evil men are. And if we're going to split hairs Christians have killed more than the Muslims and the Chinese, despite everything Mao could do to suppress Buddhism, killed more than both faiths.

But if you need a bogeyman to justify hatred, then be my guest.
<< Elohim, the hebrew name for God was also part of the Canaanite pagan pantheon. So how are they any different? So are Jews evil and Elohim the anti-christ as well? Sounds antisemitic to me.>>

Sounds like you need a course in logic.

The Jews has many names for God and, since the Canaanites also spoke the same or very similar Semitic language, they used some of the same words. None of the Canaanite gods were considered the One True God but were, as your statement suggests, gods of their pantheon.

And the issue is what god was identified by the name "Allah" at the time of Mohammad. It was one of the Arabic pantheon of pagan gods.

<<Islam is not a threat, it is fundamental islamists that are heretics to their own writings that are the threat.>>

It is not heretical to do exactly what the Koran says to do. "Fundamentalism" is NOT the same as "heresy." (Get a dictionary)

<<Just as fundamental Christians are a threat as well.>>

Right! We have to be watchful for people who make acts of mercy a way of life. They're infamous for their drive-by blessings; a clear danger to society!

Your equating of fundamentalist Christians who do things like vote for pro-life candidates with fundamentalist Muslims who murder anyone who disrespect Mohammad or won't convert to their brand of Islam does not rise above asinine.

<<ANY fanatic is a threat to the peace, security and prosperity of a nation.>>

So a fanatic philanthropist or vegetarian is "a threat to the peace, security and prosperity of a nation." Who knew???
That St. Francis of Assisi guy must have been a real terror!

<<The M1873 was used in the Moro uprising not the 1911 which was not placed into service until 1913.>>

The M1873 was the issue sidearm of the US Army until 1875. Chambered for the .45 Colt cartridge it was noted for its reliability and legendary "stopping power." Its major drawback was that it was slow to reload. It was replaced as the "issued" revolver in 1875 by the break-top S&W Shofield revolver. Cal .45 caliber pistols were "officially" replaced by the 1889/1892/1894/1895 double action .38 caliber revolvers in 1892.

<<Also the Moro people had every right to resist the Spanish colonisation and then American occupation.>>

Of course! THEY colonized and occupied the islands long before the Americans!

<<Islam had nothing to do with 9/11, fanatics were responsible.>>

Right; MUSLIM fanatics. The same ones who continue until today.

<<Again, like the Moro, just because they called themselves Muslims did not mean that Islam was behind it.>>

Ah so des ka! Those evil Moros were just PRETENDING to be Muslims. So, what were they, Methodists?

<<Islam had nothing to do with 9/11, fanatics were responsible.>>

Right, ISLAMIC fanatics following the teachings of their Imams and faithfully executing holy Jihad against the infidels.

<<I won't expect that you'd understand that ideal unless you are descendant from an oppressed people.>>

I'm of Irish descent. The Brits oppressed and slaughtered my people for 400 years starting with that miserable Puritan SOB, Oliver Cromwell.

<<Christians have killed more than the Muslims and the Chinese>>

How many "holy wars" are Christians carrying out today?

<<But if you need a bogeyman to justify hatred, then be my guest.>>

The "bogyman" is ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas and Hezbollah and a whole bunch of other MUSLIM murdering thug ISLAMIC jihadists who think that murdering "infidel" men women and children is a service to God.

Get real.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iakov said:
<< Elohim, the hebrew name for God was also part of the Canaanite pagan pantheon. So how are they any different? So are Jews evil and Elohim the anti-christ as well? Sounds antisemitic to me.>>

Sounds like you need a course in logic.

Get real.
Wow. One time, quite a few years ago now, I was attempting to share the gospel with an old gentleman in a nursing home and was asked the question, "Are you a rider or a walker?"
Such a question may not make sense to you, but it definitely did for me, and my response was "a walker" which actually made room for further discussion.
Did you know that what we actually see as "the church" in this world does contain the Church of God, the body of Christ, but also contains something else and something quite darker?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Michael V Pardo said:
Wow. One time, quite a few years ago now, I was attempting to share the gospel with an old gentleman in a nursing home and was asked the question, "Are you a rider or a walker?"
Such a question may not make sense to you, but it definitely did for me, and my response was "a walker" which actually made room for further discussion.
Did you know that what we actually see as "the church" in this world does contain the Church of God, the body of Christ, but also contains something else and something quite darker?
What does it mean to be a walker? You don't let yourself get carried away by someone else? You go with them only as long as you are willing to?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
What does it mean to be a walker? You don't let yourself get carried away by someone else? You go with them only as long as you are willing to?
A walker is one who walks with God, a rider is one who rides on the back of His church (a hitch hiker or parasite if you can grasp that.)
19. For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20. and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21. to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22. to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Seriously, if you're a moderator and on the staff of this web site, shouldn't you know these things?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Michael V Pardo said:
A walker is one who walks with God, a rider is one who rides on the back of His church (a hitch hiker or parasite if you can grasp that.)
19. For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20. and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21. to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22. to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Seriously, if you're a moderator and on the staff of this web site, shouldn't you know these things?
That is why I asked. Church lingo wasn't part of the requirements for this posting.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
That is why I asked. Church lingo wasn't part of the requirements for this posting.
That's understandable. When I was asked that question, it was a test, and I wouldn't have given a correct answer if the Lord hadn't given me understanding on the spot. I hadn't heard such a phrase before, but the answer came from scripture. I believe that this may be some manifestation of what is called "a word of knowledge," but I don't really understand the gifts that I have since I can't use them on my own. That is, they just manifest themselves in various situations to the glory of God, and I'm usually as surprised as anyone else at their efficacy. Its hard to describe what occurs in such manifestations of the Holy Spirit, because the work is His and not ours. We are used and the process is volitional to some degree, but not natural, which is why its generally safe to assume that tent revivalists and tele-evangelists that perform miraculous works at will have staged the events or used the power of suggestion to manipulate responses.
I hope that I haven't muddied the waters for you, but the truth always strengthens our faith. God is for us, not against us. I'm always amazed at the things that the Lord does through me, but not particularly surprised: `This decision is by the decree of the watchers, and the sentence by the word of the holy ones, in order that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men.' Daniel 4:17
We have nothing that commends ourselves to God, but if we make ourselves available in faith, He uses us as He sees fit to accomplish His sovereign plan. You can't walk with Him in pride, but if we walk with Him we learn humility through our failures and short comings. Nebuchadnezzar learned his lessons the hard way. Hopefully we can learn through submission to His Spirit and serve in Joy rather than in sorrow. God bless and take care.