Am I alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is not actually the problem.

God has intentionally confused all language (including scripture), so translations are not the problem.

In fact, there is no problem.

The issue is rather a spiritual one: "The words are Spirit." And therefore, it doesn't matter whether the writer is a man or a donkey, or the stones cry out. It is the Spirit who translates, and anyone who's heart sincerely leans into God will hear it perfectly. This is the message of tongues which began at Pentecost.
i think—as qt mentioned earlier—that correctly identifying Word is a big help there too

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Lol at Pearl. One word answer….why didn’t my big mouth ever think of that??
I’m even worse than that regarding tongues. Won’t even GIVE a yes or no. I Refuse to discuss it or even enter a thread about it!
im not interested in discussing it with religious ppl either; but imo there is a…quite mundane application, that seems to fit just fine

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol at Pearl. One word answer….why didn’t my big mouth ever think of that??
I’m even worse than that regarding tongues. Won’t even GIVE a yes or no. I Refuse to discuss it or even enter a thread about it!
@stunnedbygrace This is yet another recurring topic that is pointless to discuss unless it is a genuine query and not meant to show how wrong we all are

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
believes all things is a toughie, yeh
“we know what we believe” lol, hmm
Nothing wrong in 'knowing'.
Romans 6:6
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[fn] that we should no longer be slaves to sin—
2 Corinthians 3:4
Such confidence we have through Christ before God.
Ephesians 3:12
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Hebrews 3:6
But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 10:19
Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
1 John 3:21
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use those and blue letter bible website. But the one I was meaning was a comparison of what was good and bad about different translations.
I haven't seen one like that, and if you find it again, I would be interested. I do find the Translator's notes in Netbible.org to be helpful in giving some of the background on different manuscripts, alternate translations, etc.