Am I alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, Pearl. I almost responded to another one of Enoch's belligerent and "informed" posts, but then read a legitimately intelligent one that followed it and thought otherwise.

God bless,
- H
We know what we believe and to keep on arguing with those who oppose us is totally pointless.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know what we believe and to keep on arguing with those who oppose us is totally pointless.

Actually, I quite enjoy exchanging different theological points of view with those who are insightful and amiable, even if they might disagree with me on something.

Unfortunately in the case of our poster in question, neither of those is the case.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Pearl

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always consider the KJV to be the Pure Word of God, not by any means the only Pure Word in the English language I love most translation written at that time also NKJV, the Amplified Bible, Webster and Jubilee just to name a few. Don’t care for most modern translations not because of little word changes but questioning at least twice a 12 verse passage or more Mark 16:9-20, John 7:53-8:11. I say at least twice because some in this area of Bible Criticism have question whole books, like James, II Peter and Jude.

IMO some of these are wolves in sheep’s clothing, but I have known many a True Believer who do this and it just disheartening to me. I guess one little verse hurts the most I John 5:7; why I would say at least half of the True Church if not much more, consider this verse added at a much later date. So am I alone, or perhaps many of you are like me and keep hearing the serpent’s word to Eve: …Yea hath God said… Genesis 3:1?
That is not actually the problem.

God has intentionally confused all language (including scripture), so translations are not the problem.

In fact, there is no problem.

The issue is rather a spiritual one: "The words are Spirit." And therefore, it doesn't matter whether the writer is a man or a donkey, or the stones cry out. It is the Spirit who translates, and anyone who's heart sincerely leans into God will hear it perfectly. This is the message of tongues which began at Pentecost.

Reactions: amadeus

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not actually the problem.

God has intentionally confused all language (including scripture), so translations are not the problem.

In fact, there is no problem.

The issue is rather a spiritual one: "The words are Spirit." And therefore, it doesn't matter whether the writer is a man or a donkey, or the stones cry out. It is the Spirit who translates, and anyone who's heart sincerely leans into God will hear it perfectly. This is the message of tongues which began at Pentecost.

are you charismatic/pentecostal??

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not getting into another argument about bible translations. i want something more edifying.

Im with you on that sis! If it’s not helping to grow my trust or the trust of my brother, and if it stirs up everyone’s dang flesh, I shouldn’t even be there unless God wants me there for some reason.

Reactions: Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you believe tongues is still a thing??

Yes, he does. Most people don't know it but Scott is actually one of those "wildfire" types that runs around the church with a flag that says "Holy Ghost Fire!," and then does sumersaults down the center isle while shouting "Hosanna!! Hosanna to the King!!"

I've seen him do it. True story.

gfh.gif

Reactions: Lambano

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he does. Most people don't know it but Scott is actually one of those "wildfire" types that runs around the church with a flag that says "Holy Ghost Fire!," and then does sumersaults down the center isle while shouting "Hosanna!! Hosanna to the King!!"

gfh.gif

i have NO doubt that some on here actually do that…. I no longer doubt the craziness that people talk about on here.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have NO doubt that some on here actually do that…. I no longer doubt the craziness that people talk about on here.

LoL!

I was gonna post some fun dance moves I do when I'm in the joy of the Lord, but I can see where this is going, so no joy today, LoL. :p

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he does. Most people don't know it but Scott is actually one of those "wildfire" types that runs around the church with a flag that says "Holy Ghost Fire," and then does sumersaults down the center isle while shouting "Hosanna!! Hosanna to the King!!"

gfh.gif
:D

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the power of propaganda and disinformation. Westcott & Hort perpetrated a hoax on Christendom, and very few protested against it and rejected the Revised Version (RV) of 1881. Today that version lies in the dust
1 John 5:7 is authentic Scripture and once it is removed from that passage, the passage makes absolutely no sense (just like the removal of John 7:53-8:11 destroy the sense of that section of the Gospel). But even Jerome's Latin Vulgate completed around AD 380 has this verse (subsequently corrupted in the newer editions). And the Bishop's Bible of 1568 also has this verse.

LATIN VULGATE
Quoniam tres sunt, qui testimonium dant in cælo: Pater, Verbum, et Spiritus Sanctus: et hi tres unum sunt.
BISHOPS' BIBLE
For there are three which beare recorde in heauen, the father, the worde, and the holy ghost, and these three are one.
KING JAMES BIBLE
For there are three that beare record in heauen, the Father, the Word, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(original words)
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (standard text)

So we can rest assured that there is overwhelming support for a very important verse which plainly declares that the Holy Trinity is in Heaven.

Excellent breakdown

Reactions: Enoch111

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol at Pearl. One word answer….why didn’t my big mouth ever think of that??
I’m even worse than that regarding tongues. Won’t even GIVE a yes or no. I Refuse to discuss it or even enter a thread about it!

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I use those and blue letter bible website. But the one I was meaning was a comparison of what was good and bad about different translations.
from a search of “comparison of what was good and bad about different translations,” Translation Comparison Charts
and there was another possibility in the search fwiw…this one might be worth a read, Compare English Bible Translations, Textual Criticism, and Interpretation
believes all things is a toughie, yeh
“we know what we believe” lol, hmm

Last edited: