An article of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
the problem is it's a book written long after Enoch was taken. You are giving symbols authority over men. A sacred author can reference a book that isn't Holy to help conceptualize and express his that is holy.

the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So
Jasher ?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People can claim whatever they want. It is your duty to learn the truth and teach the truth....

If people struggle to find the church it means they are lost. The Gospel is hidden to them that are lost.
2 Corinthians 4:3
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
ok then if people are seeking but the Gospel is hidden behind one of the curtains it's their fault. Whats the defect ? They're lost! Too bad so sad.:rolleyes:

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Scripture executes divine authority.
It takes a rational being to execute God's authority.
This is what Jesus taught His disciples about Divine Authority. These men are wicked but the authority of God is in their hands.
Mat 23

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so practise and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do.
That is Jesus on the proper response to divine authority.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
It takes a rational being to execute God's authority.
It takes an obedient person to obey God's commands.
This is what Jesus taught His disciples about Divine Authority. These men are wicked but the authority of God is in their hands.
Mat 23
Jesus was not teaching anything about divine authority. He was teaching about what a person must do. You must follow the commands of God and not the actions of men

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so practise and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do.
That is Jesus on the proper response to divine authority.
That has nothing to do with divine authority...it has to do with obedience to God's word...It is your responsibility to know that they are telling you the truth...You seem to be saying Jesus is teaching that one should follow blindly.

Reactions: Cassandra

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
the problem is it's a book written long after Enoch was taken.
The NT was written long after Jesus ascended...If the book of Enoch is a problem then the NT is also a problem.
You are giving symbols authority over men.
No, I am not, I am referencing a prophecy from a book mentioned in the NT. Jude is using a quote from the book of Enoch as scripture... You seem to be disqualifying the Book of Enoch.
A sacred author can reference a book that isn't Holy to help conceptualize and express his that is holy.
So are you saying that the book of Enoch is not scripture but an unholy book? Why would Jude be reading an unholy book and quoting prophecy from it?

Yep the book of Jasher is mentioned in the scripture...Do you believe it is an unholy book also?

Reactions: EloyCraft

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes an obedient person to obey God's commands.
Jesus was not teaching anything about divine authority. He was teaching about what a person must do. You must follow the commands of God and not the actions of men

That has nothing to do with divine authority...it has to do with obedience to God's word...It is your responsibility to know that they are telling you the truth...You seem to be saying Jesus is teaching that one should follow blindly.
That just proves you haven't a clue or you do and have no regard for truth.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
ok then if people are seeking but the Gospel is hidden behind one of the curtains it's their fault.
What are they seeking?
Matthew 7:8
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Whats the defect ? They're lost! Too bad so sad.:rolleyes:
A man will know himself. I cannot speak for anyone else... I believe Jesus...
Matthew 7:8
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT was written long after Jesus ascended...If the book of Enoch is a problem then the NT is also a problem.

No, I am not, I am referencing a prophecy from a book mentioned in the NT. Jude is using a quote from the book of Enoch as scripture... You seem to be disqualifying the Book of Enoch.

So are you saying that the book of Enoch is not scripture but an unholy book? Why would Jude be reading an unholy book and quoting prophecy from it?

Yep the book of Jasher is mentioned in the scripture...Do you believe it is an unholy book also?
I would call it ordinary unholy isn't a word I would use to describe it.
you were doing fine, why the personal attacks now? Would you like to respond to the actual post?
I am. You want to canonize literature to meet an agenda. Your responses aren't a reasoned rebuttal of points I'm making. It's a constant struggle just to express a concept without some redirection. That's something done when an argument lacks substance or the person arguing isn't concerned about what's true just wants to win.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't Peter and the apostles obey that command?...
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 8:16
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

are you rejecting scripture?
Are you rejecting Christ?
Are you rejecting the divinity of Christ?
Are you rejecting the blessed trinity?

matt 28:19 requires baptism in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit!

acts 2:38 the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus not the baptism itself!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I would call it ordinary unholy isn't a word I would use to describe it.
You need to align what you are saying with the scripture...According to Paul...
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Jude is using scripture that is not in your bible...for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness. So why would you say it is ordinary? Please show the scripture to back up your position.
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

I am. You want to canonize literature to meet an agenda.
I have no intention of canonizing anything, canonizing scripture is a Roman Catholic ritual. What you need to do is show me the scripture where the RC church is authorized to canonize or non canonize the scripture.
Your responses aren't a reasoned rebuttal of points I'm making.
Of course, they are...Your responses prove it
It's a constant struggle just to express a concept without some redirection.
I am not struggling to express anything...you have shown clearly that you understand my position
That's something done when an argument lacks substance or the person arguing isn't concerned about what's true just wants to win.
Actually, you did that when you responded to my post by attacking me...
That just proves you haven't a clue or you do and have no regard for truth.

Last edited:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
are you rejecting scripture?
No, I am not because the apostles did not use that formula to baptize anyone...

Are you rejecting Christ?
No I am not because if those were Jesus' words the apostles would have baptized using that formula
Are you rejecting the divinity of Christ?
That depends on what you mean, Jesus has the divine nature and so do I...
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Are you rejecting the blessed trinity?
There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture.

matt 28:19 requires baptism in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit!
Which none of the Apostles did...There is no place in the scripture where anyone baptized someone using that formula.

acts 2:38 the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus not the baptism itself!
The command is clear to be baptized in the name of Jesus...
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Acts 8:16
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Now it is your turn to show where anyone was baptized in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
News flash the church for two thousand years has only baptized in the trinity Matt 28:19 obeying Christ as scripture says

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subjectunto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

acts 2:38 the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus not the baptism
The church is always Christ centered but trinity in form

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
News flash the church for two thousand years has only baptized in the trinity Matt 28:19 obeying Christ as scripture says
Please show me where in the bible they baptized in the trinity. You keep posting your opinions but you don't have any scripture to back it up.
Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subjectunto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
This passage does not help your argument. It does not say anything about baprizing in the name of the trinity
acts 2:38 the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus not the baptism
The church is always Christ centered but trinity in form
The command to be baptized in the name of Jesus is the baptism. There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. Get over it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Please show me where in the bible they baptized in the trinity. You keep posting your opinions but you don't have any scripture to back it up.
This passage does not help your argument. It does not say anything about baprizing in the name of the trinity
The command to be baptized in the name of Jesus is the baptism. There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. Get over it.
Matthew 28 shows that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are part of the baptismal formula.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

matt 28:19-20
Go teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

acts 2:38 is for those who reject Christ and His divinity and the blessed trinity!

the command is given in the name of Jesus not the sacrament of baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

why does it need be in scripture!

what is the source of truth or rule of faith for Christians?

what is the pillar and foundation of truth?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
why does it need be in scripture!
Eph 4
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

what is the source of truth or rule of faith for Christians?
How would I know I am not a slave of Christianity

what is the pillar and foundation of truth?
Christ is...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
matt 28:19-20
Go teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
You cannot show one place in the scripture where this was done...you should give it up...None of the apostles did it...

acts 2:38 is for those who reject Christ and His divinity and the blessed trinity!
That is false teaching...they believed and asked .."what shall we do"

the command is given in the name of Jesus not the sacrament of baptism
more rubbish on your part...read it slowly...
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.