An Intimate Personal Relationship with Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

This letter was addressed to the messenger of the church, an individual.
Nope. In Revelation the Greek"aggelos" always refers to an angel and elsewhere is never used as a title for a church leader.

20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If any man . . . any individual . . . the pronouns are all singular.
The point is that this letter does not address the question of whether a believer who is not part of a church can experience a personal relationship with Christ.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The disciples had a personal relationship with Jesus because He is a Person. They spent 3 years with Him on a daily basis.
Irrelevant. The issue is our relationship with the risen Jesus, not the earthly Jesus. The exalted Lord is the "Logos," that is, the rational Self-expression of God as opposed to God in His unknowability. That status does not in itself make our relationship to the Logos "personal."
And my friend is not talking about a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind, too, that the doctrine of the Trinity is a later church creation ("3 Person in 1," etc.) and the word "Trinity" does not occur in Scripture.

I will fulfill my promise later today. Remember, I asked readers to come up with a phrase repeatedly used by Jesus which implies a "personal relationship" with us.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant. The issue is our relationship with the risen Jesus, not the earthly Jesus. The exalted Lord is the "Logos," that is, the rational Self-expression of God as opposed to God in His unknowability. That status does not in itself make our relationship to the Logos "personal."
And my friend is not talking about a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind, too, that the doctrine of the Trinity is a later church creation ("3 Person in 1," etc.) and the word "Trinity" does not occur in Scripture.

I will fulfill my promise later today. Remember, I asked readers to come up with a phrase repeatedly used by Jesus which implies a "personal relationship" with us.
Read the rest of my post. No relationship means one us not saved. The person with no relationship with God is nothing but a religionist. God is just as personal and real as you are . Do you have relationships with others ?

Reactions: Keturah

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s called a loaded question fallacy . The exact words you request are nothing but a fallacious argument, a strawman .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

This letter was addressed to the messenger of the church, an individual.

20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

If any man . . . any individual . . . the pronouns are all singular.

Much love!
The personal pronouns are a killer for the OP. It sinks his battleship.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. In Revelation the Greek"aggelos" always refers to an angel and elsewhere is never used as a title for a church leader.
These uses of aggelos are clearly humans.

Matthew 11:10 KJV
10) For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Luke 7:24 KJV
24) And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

Luke 9:52 KJV
52) And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.

James 2:25 KJV
25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its LORD praising and thanking TIME in the building , houses , streets and round the world .
So lift those hands up and let the glorious LORD be praised .
One cannot praise an impersonal god it’s nothing but an idol. That false god cannot hear since it is not personal . Might as well be an atheist.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that this letter does not address the question of whether a believer who is not part of a church can experience a personal relationship with Christ.
As you wish.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These uses of aggelos are clearly humans.

Matthew 11:10 KJV
10) For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Luke 7:24 KJV
24) And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

Luke 9:52 KJV
52) And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.

James 2:25 KJV
25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Much love!
Yes the word can be used of a human , a created angel or YHWH.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks no likey them pronouns . Specially these .
And WE shall come and make our abode with HIM . THE SPIRIT . WE . GOD , CHRIST .
Many no likey certain words . BUT TRUTH IS TRUTH and the lambs embace TRUTH .
SO here is a reminder that many dont like , YET TRUE IT IS .
In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and GOD Was the WORD .
And thomas said unto HIM , my Lord and my God . and thomas was not corrected now was he ..........
Folks no likey certain things . But lambs will always embrace TRUTH .
I am alpha and omega .........................................................
Now lift those hands and praise the LORD . If ye have seen me phillip , YE have SEEN the FATHER
so how sayest thou to show us the Father .
HAVE I BEEN SO LONG A TIME WITH YOU PHILLIP and yet has thou NOT KNOWN ME .
Just reminders .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of battleship . ITS HIGH TIME for folks to get on the ARK , the BODY OF CHRIST
for the great day of the LORD is fast approaching . And once the door is shut , its shut .
The ark survived the flood of noahs day during the wrath of GOD .
And now a far better ARK , BODY has been provided . CHRIST JESUS .
But just as men do , they now build this giant all inclusive unsinkable huge ship .
A ship which they think willl save them .
But do remember this . GOD was with NOAH and had told him how to build the ark .
The true lambs cling to the only ONE NAME that has saved them
and the wise experts cling to their great titanic of the many path to GOD ship .
And mock the fundmenatal JESUS only lambs . But so too
in the days of the titanic , built by experts , called the unsinkable ship , AN ice berge ended that ship .
But noahs ark survived the great storm . AND THE LAMBS WILL ENDURE FOREVER WITH THE KING .
HE ALONE is the ONLY NAME whereby one may be saved .
THE ARK, HIS BODY will keep us safe during the WRATH OF GOD
but the great and mighty all inclusive ship of all religoins , WILL SINK and be DESTROYED and not one mighty scholar
will save himself on that day and in that hour . WE REALLY SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO THE ONLY ONE GOSPLE that saves .
Cause that other ship WONT BE SAVING NONE .

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to see if any one would post (1) and (2) below:

(1) Jesus declares 3 times that on the Day of Judgment, He will tell believers who thought they were serving him to get lost:
"Depart from Me; I never knew you (Matthew 7:23; 25:11-12; Luke 13:27)."
The phrase "I never knew you" clearly means "I never had an intimate personal relationship with you."

(2) This he essential personal relationship requires that we love Him even more than our families:
"Whoever loves (their family) more than me is not worthy of Me (Matthew 10:37)" and cannot be my disciple (Luke 14:26-27)."
Woke progressives for whom Jesus is little more than an organizing principle for ethical living and the pursuit of social justice can hardly be said to love Jesus more than their families. The kind of unrivaled love Jesus envisages is intimately personal and passionate.
Note that, for Jesus, failure to satisfy both (1) and (2) disqualify one from the status as a true follower of Jesus.

The rest of these texts have been posted by others earlier on this thread:
The Risen Jesus poetically portrays this intimate personal relationship as feasting with Jesus, and Jesus feasting with us.
"Look, I am standing at the door, knocking. Whoever hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into them and feast with them and they with me (Revelation 3:20)."
Though this saying is addressed to a church, it clearly also applies to that church's individual members.

In John Jesus powerfully stresses the need for an intimate personal relationship with Him:
"I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father (John 10:14)."
"Those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them AND REVEAL MYSELF TO THEM (John 14:21.)"
Similarly, Paul longs to know Christ personally, not just to know ABOUT Him: "I want to know Christ (Philippians 3:10)."

Last edited: