And Jesus Came And Spake Unto Them, Saying, All power Is Given Unto Me In Heaven And In Earth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 12-10-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Kislev 24 5784, 79th. Fall Day

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

And Jesus Came And Spake And Saying, All Power Is Given Unto Me In Heaven And In Earth

Love, Walter And Debbie
His Almighty status was returned to Him. He is the CREATOR, and the AUTHOR of our faith and all this prior to being born.
He relinquished His glory/power to become a human, then after His death/ resurrection/ascention, it was returned to Him.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. John 17:5

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get some perspective here. When Jesus said ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY has been given to Me, He didn't mean all that power was given to you too. Lol
A minute portion is given to us to do similar and greater things than Jesus did _ on His mission _ ON EARTH, such as healings, resurrecting people from the dead, teaching thousands, loving, caring for and feeding thousands.
He spread the gospel to thousands and the disciples carried that further and the Church to billions. He does empower us to do greater things ( collectively) but Jesus was not talking about the works He will prepare individual gifted Christians to do when He said all power and authority is given to Me. That is equivalent to saying I am omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, I am God and sovereign -- my glory and position have been returned to Me.
That said, I do believe the disciples and some gifted Christians thoughout history have done great things, just not me. I have never healed the blind, raised the dead, fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread nor spread the gospel to hundreds of thousands. Collectively the Body of Christ has done greater things.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie