And The Final Verdict Is,.. GUILTY!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. The police have many tools at their disposal to subdue and arrest criminals without killing them. Floyd wasn't Scarface. I cannot see any reason why that man had to die. Not one.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I checked, we were all sinners. God knew we were going to screw up and make bad choices, that's why He offers forgiveness right?

This is your problem. God calls us out of sin. The Saints stop willfully sinning. The Law is for the lawless.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad thing is that terrorist organization could care less for the lives of black people and I think that my new friend @Wynona can attest to that.
Agree. From what I've heard reported about BLM's actions, their inciting their community to emotional upset and violence for me shows BLM has no respect for black lives.
Not when they encourage their people to act in a way that can get them shot by responding police.
But that too could be explained in service to their motives behind that.

Because when police shoot those BLM encouraged toward violence, BLM has another platform.
Police shooting yet another "innocent" black person.

All Lives Can't Matter unless Black Lives Matter in new Ad Council spot

‘Black Lives Matter Foundation’ Unaffiliated With BLM Movement Causes Confusion In Donations

Reactions: April_Rose

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a little afraid of arguing with a member with ban power. lol
Mod's are not to be feared. They are like Police. They just in force the Forum rules.
Don't argue, Debate and respect other Members opinions with out Insults and you will never be banned.

The man said he couldn't breathe. That cop didn't budge. Why?

I have had many times when people I was arresting tell me they could not breath or that the hand cuff were hurting them or they were in pain. when I tried to fix the problem, I was attracted by the suspect. after that happens to you several times you tend to not take the complaint as valid.
Pomp.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I say hang him!!!

Why?

I say "They need Jesus Christ in their lives".
That would solve a lot of problems in modern USA.
A lot of talk about "God" but not much else.
I heard Biden mention God and right after he did he mentioned something that
was far away from God......

I feel very sorry for that police officer.
Sorry for his family.
He's just a pon in the political system of the country.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sorry for Floyd as well, being messed up by drugs, etc.
Sorry for his family.

Nothing is solved.

Nothing will change till Jesus gets into the picture.
Country goes to hell in a hand basket without HIM.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mod's are not to be feared. They are like Police. They just in force the Forum rules.
Don't argue, Debate and respect other Members opinions with out Insults and you will never be banned.

I have had many times when people I was arresting tell me they could not breath or that the hand cuff were hurting them or they were in pain. when I tried to fix the problem, I was attracted by the suspect. after that happens to you several times you tend to not take the complaint as valid.
Pomp.
We're you pressing half your bodyweight onto the throat of a prone handcuffed suspect? With your other knee and the other half of your bodyweight onto that suspects back?

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The man has been found guilty and should face the consequences but to hear Christians calling for him to be put to death is quite disturbing. His life is in ruins because of his own actions, his family's lives are in tatters too. Perhaps a little compassion might not be misplaced, because even though what he did in the line of duty went much further than justified force, I and I agree that he should serve time for it, he went to work and in those few minutes his life ended.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man has been found guilty and should face the consequences but to hear Christians calling for him to be put to death is quite disturbing. His life is in ruins because of his own actions, his family's lives are in tatters too. Perhaps a little compassion might not be misplaced, because even though what he did in the line of duty went much further than justified force, I and I agree that he should serve time for it, he went to work and in those few minutes his life ended.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:44

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're you pressing half your bodyweight onto the throat of a prone handcuffed suspect? With your other knee and the other half of your bodyweight onto that suspects back?

No and No. Only had my hands on a suspects neck once for only a few seconds to get their attention.

I had 2 surgery's several stitches, bitten on my leg, several bruises, scrapes and small cuts all from having fun arresting people.
That's why I'm retired. It's a thankless job. don't miss it.
Pomp.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry @April_Rose for turning this thread into a feud, but the man did not need to die. He wasn't a 900lb. grizzly bear. They could have subdued him, cuffed him and put him in the car. I've seen it done a million times on worse criminals.

Like I said you're fine. No worries. :)

Let’s see how that works out. Watch video.

Did George Floyd have a gun? Last I checked no so that has nothing to do with the current situation at hand.

You can not convict somebody for murder because they were a "moron" and made a few bad choices. "Murder" indicates intent to kill.

You entirely twisted my words around. He was a moron if he didn't know that he could wind up killing Floyd if he was suffocating him and couldn't breathe.

I'm a little afraid of arguing with a member with ban power. lol

Staff won't ban you for having an opinion. As long as it's about the topic and not the person then you should be good. ;)

Good, as long as your not one of those racist BLMers.

Are you kidding? I would rather eat dog poop.

Why?

I say "They need Jesus Christ in their lives".

Oh sure we all do,.. but it's like telling a person not to jump off a cliff because they could be killed. In the end God gave us all free will and if you're going to make stupid decisions in life then you need to learn to deal with the consequences.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:44

True good point. I guess I'm more just of an old testament kind of gal and an eye for an eye. Meaning if you do the crime you should be able to do the time.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the death penalty would be a mercy tbh

True, but I think that the punishment should also fit the crime. Btw, for those of you saying that it's George Floyd's fault that he died. What if his daughter would read that? Or one of his other family members or friends?

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no sympathy for George Floyd or BLM. Thugs supporting thugs...gee what a surprise....
Try having respect for the law. The alternative is anarchy and chaos.
Try not resisting arrest.
Over the last forty years all of these sensationalized police killings involved large drugged up black men resisting arrest.
Armed police should not be wrestling with suspects, they can have there weapons taken from them and used on them or others.
Law Enforcement are people too with families. Crazy as it sound to some their lives matter too. There is no possible justifiable reason to expect them to risk life and limb to take a suspect in to custody. All responsibility for injury should be on the person resisting arrest.
If these guys resist arrest and struggle with the police, they should step back draw their weapons, if the suspect come at them, two shots in the chest. Wrestling just makes the thing look worse.
If the guy is not wanted for murder and he runs off, get him later...lots of times they have his driver's license and or his car. Get him later.
If he is wanted for murder, they should shot him until he down. Yes shoot him in the back until he is down. If he is wanted for murder why should he be allowed to kill someone else. If he is not guilty...don't resist arrest. Go to court.
Police policies should be standardized and posted on the internet. Too many people think it is their right to resist arrest. These people have broke the law, that is why they are getting arrested in the first place, resisting arrest is against the law, and assaulting officers is against the law. Once they have assaulted officers they are a threat to the public, take them down by any means necessary.
In the case of George Floyd, he was a career criminal, a large drugged up black man that was probably mental too. There is no graceful way of taking that type of suspect in if they decide to resist arrest. They should not wrestle with him, they should not beat him. The can try tasing them with guns drawn, but a lot times tasing does not work on large drugged up people. In which case they need to shot him until he is down. No wrestling!!!
The public need to know that fault lies with the person that resists arrest. Not have lawyers, judges, and jury to defend the criminal.
If a police officer does not follow procedures they should be fired not convicted of crimes. In the case of George Floyd the court had no such procedures to reference that the officer did something against procedures.
This officer was railroaded for pollical reasons. To appease mobs that burnt cities, looted business, terrorized neighborhoods assaulted and murdered people. Coddle the criminals! Where is that going to lead?
This is a crying shame when the city administrations and the courts do not back up law enforcement officers. Police officers should only work in cities that have signed agreements to support law enforcement.
Police should find employment elsewhere now that they know they will not be supported in these cities. Let the city administrators and judges and their families be at the mercy of the likes of BLM and other career criminals. And put the city administrators and judges in prison if they use a gun to defend themselves or their families.

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and No. Only had my hands on a suspects neck once for only a few seconds to get their attention.

I had 2 surgery's several stitches, bitten on my leg, several bruises, scrapes and small cuts all from having fun arresting people.
That's why I'm retired. It's a thankless job. don't miss it.
Pomp.
That then is the blessed difference between you and Mr.Chauvin.

Bless you for your service. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That then is the blessed difference between you and Mr.Chauvin.

Bless you for your service. :)

Oh yeah I missed that last part. I salute @pompadour for his years of service. :D Policemen and women are usually the good guys,.. and that's great when it's good versus evil,.. the only problem is when they partner up with one of the bad guys. A badge doesn't make somebody an officer of the law any more than a book makes somebody a teacher. Wolves in sheep's clothing is what they are! :mad: