Answering Prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Answering PrayersThe Lord God Almighty hears the prayers of His children. He commands us to pray, and He promises to listen when we do. “In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears” (Psalm 18:6). The Lord God Almighty answers prayer. “I call on you, O God, for you will answer me” (Psalm 17:6). “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles” (Psalm 34:17).I see many who get discouraged and think God doesnt hear their prayers because they are not answered. I have found that God does answers prayers, Just not always the way we wanted or within the time frame we wanted. I myself have prayed for things in my life thinking it was the best thing... I did not get it...Only to find out, sometimes years later, God had heard me. He had not answered with what I thought I wanted, BUT, rather with what I needed or was going to need. I just hadnt realized not being all knowing that what I really needed and thought I wanted were not always the same thing Often we get so caught up in what WE think we want or need now ..We fail to see that God often gives what we need for our good tomorrow. Another popular idea is that the amount of faith we have determines whether or not God will answer our prayers. However, sometimes the Lord answers our prayers in spite of our own lack of faith. In Acts 12, the church prays for Peter’s release from prison , and God answers their prayer . Peter goes to the door of the prayer meeting and knocks, but those who are praying refuse at first to believe that it is really Peter. They prayed he would be released, but they failed to expect an answer to their prayer. The power of prayer does not flow from us—it is not special words we say or the special way we say them or even how often we say them. The power of prayer is not based on a certain direction we face or a certain position of our bodies. The power of prayer does not come from the use of artifacts or icons or candles or beads. The power of prayer is based on Who hears our prayer and answers it. Prayer places us in contact with Almighty God, and we should expect almighty results, whether or not He chooses to grant our petitions, deny our requests, or ask us to wait on Him. Whatever the answer to our prayers, the God to whom we pray is the source of all power, and He can and will answer us, according to His perfect will and timing.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Apr 13 2009, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72467
Answering PrayersThe Lord God Almighty hears the prayers of His children. He commands us to pray, and He promises to listen when we do. “In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears” (Psalm 18:6).Whatever the answer to our prayers, the God to whom we pray is the source of all power, and He can and will answer us, according to His perfect will and timing.
There are times that the answer is instantaneous. If I am studying and just can't think of the right verse I ask Him and....almost always He answers. I have to take a deep breath and think..."Be still and wait on the Lord" and then...there it is. Several times I open the Bible to search and it opens to the page I was looking for! Then I sit there with a big sappy grin on my face.Of course, there are big problems folks pray about but....He will answer those too, as you pointed out, according to His perfect will and timing.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (whirlwind @ Apr 13 2009, 12:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72472
There are times that the answer is instantaneous. If I am studying and just can't think of the right verse I ask Him and....almost always He answers. I have to take a deep breath and think..."Be still and wait on the Lord" and then...there it is. Several times I open the Bible to search and it opens to the page I was looking for! Then I sit there with a big sappy grin on my face.Of course, there are big problems folks pray about but....He will answer those too, as you pointed out, according to His perfect will and timing.
I know exactly what you mean:) whirlwind it happens to me over and over again ... Or I will get an idea for a study and while putting it together someone else here will be up the very same thing/or question. Though many big prayers may take time ... We sometimes forget to see God in the little everday things

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
AMEN! ((( Christina)))) I love the power of Prayer.I always pray before reading my Bible for guidance and reassure in His Word. I have read certain passages in the Bible and it doesn't always come clear , so I will mark that place in the bible .... pray for understanding. I open the Bible back up to it and read again , but this time I am not just reading it , I am really grasping , tears getting blessed ( like they are speaking directly to my heart) ...by the His Word at same time. If i discuss with others , I pray that I may keep an open heart , knowledge to know what is true and search out more in His Word. ~~~~~I hope you don't mind me adding these verses that touch my heart when it comes to Prayer.James 1:5-7 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. ~~~~~~~` We should always thank God for our answered prayers....no matter if it what we expected or not . He always knows what is best for us .
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for sharing these verse's with us lookin4ward I hope everyone has something to add God Bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.Proverbs 3:6 - In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:7 - Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil....Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.Isaiah 55:9 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
QUOTE (Jordan @ Apr 13 2009, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72493
Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.Proverbs 3:6 - In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:7 - Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil....Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.Isaiah 55:9 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I love this thread. What great verses from you wonderful children of God.